Survivor
2649 posts

Re: Trip to France [56K warning I dare you]

Jan 5, 2007

hippl5 wrote:
Is it possible to sneak a pen or something, come within range of Mona, and chuck it right at the painting? I wonder what the punishment would be.

Yea, you can get about two feet away from the painting in a glass box. But there are tons of gaurds but I bet its been done. These Van Gogh nerds were like obsessed wit it
Message 10 of 38 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10564 posts

Jan 5, 2007

Sportz Masta wrote:
Which pic? I am not the best photogrpaher as you can see lol

SimMaster wrote:
You used the flash looking through a window? What were you thinking?

This one?

Message 11 of 38 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9757 posts

Jan 5, 2007

Sportz Masta wrote:

hippl5 wrote:
Is it possible to sneak a pen or something, come within range of Mona, and chuck it right at the painting? I wonder what the punishment would be.

Yea, you can get about two feet away from the painting in a glass box. But there are tons of gaurds but I bet its been done. These Van Gogh nerds were like obsessed wit it

Glass, huh? So... is the glass bullet proof? Do they have metal detectors? You think someone could sneak in a brick and break the glass with it?

I don't see any glass in the photo. And do the guards go through your things?

Message Edited by hippl5 on 01-04-2007 08:23 PM
Message 12 of 38 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2649 posts

Jan 5, 2007

hippl5 wrote:

Sportz Masta wrote:

hippl5 wrote:

Glass, huh? So... is the glass bullet proof? Yes Do they have metal detectors? No You think someone could sneak in a brick and break the glass with it? People have thrown rocks at it in the past and made a slight scratch then got arrested

I don't see any glass in the photo . And do the guards go through your things No Smiley Happy?

Message 13 of 38 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Jan 5, 2007
I lived in Paris for 2 years. I gotta say this, worst 2 years of my life.

Living in that horrible death hole is a whole lot different than vistiting....you have no idea......

Surprsingly, in those 2 years, I never visited the Efile tower, although I passted it many times, and never saw the mona lisa. Cool ehSmiley Very Happy?
APPLE SPY
Message 14 of 38 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9757 posts

Jan 5, 2007

Sportz Masta wrote:

hippl5 wrote:

Sportz Masta wrote:

hippl5 wrote:

Glass, huh? So... is the glass bullet proof? Yes Do they have metal detectors? No You think someone could sneak in a brick and break the glass with it? People have thrown rocks at it in the past and made a slight scratch then got arrested

I don't see any glass in the photo . And do the guards go through your things No Smiley Happy?

So... only sniper rifles use armor piercing ammunition... And you can't sneak those in. if rocks and knives don't work, what will? Are you 100% sure you saw glass?

Message Edited by hippl5 on 01-04-2007 08:26 PM
Message 15 of 38 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Jan 5, 2007

PSPlagueX wrote:

Sportz Masta wrote:
Which pic? I am not the best photogrpaher as you can see lol

SimMaster wrote:
You used the flash looking through a window? What were you thinking?

This one?

I recognize that McDonalds, I've been there hahahah! I think at least. It's two storys, and there was a doctors office next door....gah I still have a huge scar from that shot, it was the wrong vacination...complicated..but my arm is like scarred nowSmiley Very Happy
APPLE SPY
Message 16 of 38 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9757 posts

Jan 5, 2007
So... bullet proof glass is not bullet proof. Its bullet resistant. 44 magnum won't work either. High powered rifles and explosives are out of the question. What if theres a non-lethal way to destroy Mona? Tear gas or a flashbang could stun the guards... but it could have an effect on you. Flashbang goes over tear gas. But what about penetrating the glass? Cordless drill? Would that work? But what about the guards?
Message 17 of 38 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10564 posts

Jan 5, 2007

hippl5 wrote:
So... bullet proof glass is not bullet proof. Its bullet resistant. 44 magnum won't work either. High powered rifles and explosives are out of the question. What if theres a non-lethal way to destroy Mona? Tear gas or a flashbang could stun the guards... but it could have an effect on you. Flashbang goes over tear gas. But what about penetrating the glass? Cordless drill? Would that work? But what about the guards?

Why are you planning to destroy the Mona Lisa anyway?
Message 18 of 38 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9757 posts

Jan 5, 2007

PSPlagueX wrote:

hippl5 wrote:

Why are you planning to destroy the Mona Lisa anyway?

... no comment. Anyway, assuming you don't have to deal with guards, and you dont have weapons, does anyone have an idea about how to get past the glass? in a short amount of time.
Message 19 of 38 (13 Views)
0 Likes