Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Tragedy at Boston Marathon

Apr 16, 2013

It will simply justify more of these being used to surveil lagitimate citizens.

jetdrone.jpg

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 91 of 233 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55402 posts

Apr 16, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

My news channel says the bombs were 6 litre pressure cookers filled with ball bearings, shrapnel and other things so right there I will guarantee this is a homegrown attack. White male aged 45-60, Amercian born. Wait and see.

Seriously did you just say that?  That is a highly insensitive and racist sounding comment.   Maybe I'm misreading it, if I am let me know!

Message 92 of 233 (130 Views)
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Apr 16, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

My news channel says the bombs were 6 litre pressure cookers filled with ball bearings, shrapnel and other things so right there I will guarantee this is a homegrown attack. White male aged 45-60, Amercian born. Wait and see.

Seriously did you just say that?  That is a highly insensitive and racist sounding comment.   Maybe I'm misreading it, if I am let me know!

It was probably some idiot wanting to be a celebrity, so they decided this was the best way to do it. Seems they just wanted attention but I could be wrong.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 93 of 233 (124 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Apr 16, 2013

i havent watched the news since yesterday, but last i heard they said the person of interest was a middle-aged man dark skined or black who was acting suspicious and tried to get in to a restricted area, and when turned away he put his hood up acting like he was trying to hide his face.

can anyone fill me in on that if there has been any report on it?

Message 94 of 233 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Apr 16, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

i havent watched the news since yesterday, but last i heard they said the person of interest was a middle-aged man dark skined or black who was acting suspicious and tried to get in to a restricted area, and when turned away he put his hood up acting like he was trying to hide his face.

Last time I heard this afternoon they raided his apartment to find any evidence. I heard that they did but they didn't explain what that evidence was.

Message 95 of 233 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

No idea, havent watched the news...Im wating for them to divulge all the facts and quit giving the terrorist(s) their jollies by constantly talking about the kids that died.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 96 of 233 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55402 posts

Apr 16, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Last time I heard this afternoon they raided his apartment to find any evidence. I heard that they did but they didn't explain what that evidence was.

it wasnt a raid.  They executed a search warrant Smiley Wink.   Whomever is calling it a raid is hyping the story.  I wrote something last night, this bombing really impacted me a lot.  I'll share it here but was thinking of making my own thread for it.

One more time the feeling flies

The anger so pungent when an American dies

Who, where, and why we not yet know

But if we find its time to ride I'll be the first to go

It was over a decade ago when I first geared up

When I asked for that leave of absence I was just a young pup

It was worth every second of that 4 years of hell

To know my fellow countrymen were home safe and well

Now that I see what I see on my screen

Its no 9/11 but I can't help but think thoughts that are mean

I'm not as young as I once was but I'm not too far on in years

The emotions coming back have dragged me to tears.

I know myself well and this feeling will lead to fight

I should just relax and maybe write a bit tonight

For its better to let the thoughts flow from a pen

Then to use force to release them once again.

Message 97 of 233 (119 Views)
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Apr 16, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

it wasnt a raid.  They executed a search warrant Smiley Wink.   Whomever is calling it a raid is hyping the story.  I wrote something last night, this bombing really impacted me a lot.  I'll share it here but was thinking of making my own thread for it.

One more time the feeling flies

The anger so pungent when an American dies

Who, where, and why we not yet know

But if we find its time to ride I'll be the first to go

It was over a decade ago when I first geared up

When I asked for that leave of absence I was just a young pup

It was worth every second of that 4 years of hell

To know my fellow countrymen were home safe and well

Now that I see what I see on my screen

Its no 9/11 but I can't help but think thoughts that are mean

I'm not as young as I once was but I'm not too far on in years

The emotions coming back have dragged me to tears.

I know myself well and this feeling will lead to fight

I should just relax and maybe write a bit tonight

For its better to let the thoughts flow from a pen

Then to use force to release them once again.

Stupid CBS calling it a raid >_>. And...impressive poem!!

Message 98 of 233 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Dude, PLYMCO, you should write metal.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 99 of 233 (105 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

I wrote that not to be racist or insensitive, but because it fits that profile. I really do not believe it was a foreigner at all. I have a hunch about this but could be completely wrong. If it was Al Qaeda or some radical group they would have claimed responsibility last night.. Radical Islamists want to die in the blast too because of that 21 virgins thing. Maybe it's a **bleep** off Veteran who picked up IED designs in the Middle East. I don't know what they use in Afganistan but I doubt pressure cookers are a common item over there. Then again you have to make due with what materials are available.

Instead we have no one claiming responsibility. This person or likely persons are watching every minute of news basking in their action. They probably were nearby at a safe distance when the bombs went off.

Plymco, I understand you're deeply impacted over this and my intention is not to offend anyone. I'm just putting my 2 cents in.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 100 of 233 (93 Views)