Jan 11 2007
By: switch586 Fender Bender 3440 posts

Traffic ticket experiences. !!! XD

10 replies 2 views Edited Jan 11, 2007
Ok so i got a speeding ticket in '05, and i was going down some residential, goin 30 i think. Which isn't TOO bad at all, but residential IS 25mph over here in CA. So anyhow, i'm thinking: "ok, **bleep** cop, needs to meet his quota".

But then he tells me: "sir, speed limit when children are present in school zone is 10mph" .....and i'm like: "yeah, but school isn't even out yet, why would i need to abide by the rule??" --- then he points to some FFFFFF**bleep**ing kid with a backpack walking literally over 200 feet away from where we were.... and so i'm thinking: wow.... this guy REALLY needs to meet his quota.

And so, i kinda want to argue with him, and tell him that it's kinda **bleep**-bag to apply that rule on me, for some kid that's nowhere near being in danger of me. AND i wanted to tell him that he should've found out why a student was off of school property during school hours. BUT i know, that Mr. Donkeyhole probably would've found some other offense to charge me with...... "talking back" or some shieet. "not cooperating". whatever. So i get the BS ticket. for going 15 miles over the speed limit. Which sounds and looks 10x worse than the actual situation. $285 that i guess i could've avoided. or maybe at least dropped to $185 for going 25 (speed limit when NO children are present, but not the case with that cop).

Although it WAS my fault, per se, i was just so pissed at that cop's super trooper attitude. AAAAHHH! and as for that little ditcher kid that cost me a schoolzone ticket, damn you! (although, that woulda been me back then also. )

(/end rant)

anyone else have outrageous out-of-the-norm ticket experiences?? or what the heck, COP experiences? HEEEEHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Then again, well, actually nevermind.
Message 1 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14645 posts

Re: Traffic ticket experiences. !!! XD

Jan 11, 2007
St Patrick's Day, my senior year of high school, I went out with some friends to a guy's "house" in an alley (he had turned a garage into a house..it was actually pretty neat, though illegal.) We didn't have anything to drink (me because I was driving, my one friend is allergic to beer and that's all they had, and my other friend didn't want to be the only one of us three drinking) so we leave around like 1 or 2 in the morning, and as I'm pulling out of the alley, there's a cop right there. So I'm kinda like "oh crap" even though I hadn't done anything wrong to be worried about. I pull out onto the street and pull away and the cop follows me for maybe a mile or two before turning on her lights and pulling me over into a strip mall. The first thing she said to me was "So you guys been smoking some pot tonight?" and of course the answer was "no," but she did a bunch of weird tests on me anyway to confirm that I was, indeed, sober. I was like what the hell? First of all I didn't do anything wrong, I wasn't speeding, I wasn't swerving, hell the only thing that I MIGHT be caught for was the fact that I was 17 at the time and curfew for under-18s is 12 (I know, lame). And second of all, that's kind of rude to automatically assume that, oh no! Car of three high school girls, they MUST be high. Ridiculous. I got off with a "warning" too, though I'm still not sure what exactly that warning was for.

I also got pulled over for going 60 in a 40 zone, though the cop knocked it down a notch and said I was only going 50 so my ticket was $100 less and was fewer points. It still sucked though, especially since I was coming home from work and had just gotten paid, and there went most of my paycheck
Aeris lives!
Message 2 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12488 posts

Jan 11, 2007
It's a short story, so here goes.  I was heading to music class after school when I was in high school and I was running late.  Of course, I decided to speed and there happened to be a cop along with a speed trap and he got me. Robot surprised Not a good day for me and I was late for the class, too. Robot Mad Robot Sad
Watch out! House is about ready to hit you with his cane...
Message 3 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6541 posts

Jan 11, 2007
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones not to get pulled over yet.

I've been driving since 16 and I turn 19 next month.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4770 posts

Jan 11, 2007
Well this morning, I got pulled over. I was driving, the speed limit, and he comes racing up behind me. So I'm just driving, as soon as I get on the highway, BAM lights.

So, I'm like oh what the heck, I'm going to be late for class. So I had just gotten my car a few weeks back, and I havent gotten is inspected since the only time they were available was Monday, the 15th of this month. So he tells me I need to get it inspected, even though I told him I was on Monday. So he writes me a $75 ticket, which has a court date of March 5th, so now I have to go to court to get my charges dropped. Meaning I have to take time out of class and work.
Message 5 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16138 posts

Jan 11, 2007

SPARTEN II wrote:
Well, I've only gotten one traffic ticket.....and it was for an accident.

Technically the accident was my fault, becuase of how it happened, so I got the ticket. (it was really the other driver's fault becuase they weren't paying attention). The other driver even knew that it was their fault, and was happy that I got the ticket becuase of a define technicality.

I probably could have been proved innocent if I went to court (I had witnesses saying that it was the other driver's fault)......but I didn't want to deal with it, so I just paid the fine.

Then a couple months later, the other driver decides that becuase I admitted I was guilty.....she could fake that she had been injured and sue me for it. She ended up getting several thousand dollard (originally sued for like $40,000). I don't know how it was possible for her to have gotten injured......when we collided I wasn't moving at all, and she was going like 10 MPH.

It's messed up what people will do for money, and how judges will believe them. Some guy jumped in front of my dads car on his hood, he got hurt and is now trying to sue us for it....
Message 6 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
534 posts

Jan 11, 2007

Photobucket
Psn Id. Caldwell / Xx-illuSioNzZ-xX
I HAVE 120,000 KILLS BUT IM TO LAZY TO UPDATE MY SIG
Message 7 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3637 posts

Jan 11, 2007
I got stopped a day after my 19th birthday because I was on a road that I never been on before. Apperently the speed limit was 30 MPH and the cop told me I was going 47 MPH, I was so pissed because there was a car ahead of me that must have been going faster than me because going away into the distance. I am trying to figure out how he got me and not that car. Anway, it is a law in New Hampshire that if you get stop and get a ticket and you are under 20 years old, your license will be suspended, 1st offense-20 days, 2nd offense-45 days, 3rd offense-90 days, next offense- one year. This was my second offense, I got another ticket right after I got my license when i was 16, I was late for my class. So I had a hearing this morning, to defend myself and hope my license will not get suspended, I said some BS stuff to the guy and he said that under the circumstances that I had(meaning he believe my BS lie) and that it has been over two years since my last offense, my license will not be suspended. Got away from a 45 day suspension

Message Edited by redsox20041 on 01-11-2007 02:21 PM

Message 8 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12488 posts

Jan 11, 2007

tylerc93 wrote:

If you're not gonna post anything to generate discussion, then why bother posting? Robot Indifferent  Luckily, that was my only speeding ticket that I got.  It was mentioned above, by the way.
Watch out! House is about ready to hit you with his cane...
Message 9 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Jan 11, 2007

Kizzerdrix wrote:

tylerc93 wrote:

If you're not gonna post anything to generate discussion, then why bother posting? Robot Indifferent  Luckily, that was my only speeding ticket that I got.  It was mentioned above, by the way.

He does that so much! Smiley Mad

I'm only 14 so...Smiley Happy

APPLE SPY
Message 10 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes