Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2058 posts

Re: Top 3 reaons Toilets really suck!

Apr 5, 2007

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Garconis wrote:
I'm serious here. Not trying to be gross...

The Toilet is basically the same as it was in 1850. There have been small improvements, water pressure, heated seats, bidet-with-blow-dry, built-in nature sounds and lotion impregnated toilet paper. But these are all peripheral, why has there been no apparent research in totally re-modeling the toilet, from the plumbing up. There must be a better way. You'd think that something so frequently used would have been improved upon dramatically in the last century and a half.

The following really need to be improved upon:

1 - "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction". So ya gotta go number 2. Thats fine. But why does it have to "kerplunk" in a gallon of water? Nothing is more annoying than when the (tainted) water decides to splash back up and give you an undesired washin'.

2 - Not enough room to do your business! So you got done with number 2. Sometimes there isn't enough room behind you, to adequately put your toilet paper to use. Nor is there enough room in the front, for males. It's pretty disturbing when you get that cold feeling of porcelain in an undesired area.

3 - It's basically a funnel. Ok, newer toilets have more powerful jets/suction, but when your business is complete and it's time to flush, sometimes (depending on your toilet paper output) getting all of that into the pipes below just isn't going to happen.

Now, I know this thread is right on the edge here. But lets keep this to a mature and serious discussion, without getting too much into detail, if you know what I mean. So what are some ways that the toilet could be revolutionized...

Message Edited by Garconis on 04-04-2007 09:37 PM

You make a good point, but the design is ingenius, the only thing we can do it just addon to it. I wish I didn't have use toliet paper instead have one of those $1,000 that washs your bottom for you with a jet of water.

i got those in every bathoom in my house
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

w00t! 100th post April 27,2006 9:19pm
Message 21 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6819 posts

Apr 5, 2007
HAHAAHHA

the first one
happens every week

Rome Anthem 158 = Freerider Heaven
In my time here, i have learnt that 80% of the stories that are posted on the forums have been reposted from Digg, Reddit, ect..
Message 22 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3177 posts

Apr 5, 2007
I hate it when reason number 1 occurs. *Kerplunk* 
Photobucket
Message 23 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Apr 5, 2007

-Dims- wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Garconis wrote:

The Toilet is basically the same as it was in 1850. There have been small improvements, water pressure, heated seats, bidet-with-blow-dry, built-in nature sounds and lotion impregnated toilet paper. But these are all peripheral, why has there been no apparent research in totally re-modeling the toilet, from the plumbing up. There must be a better way. You'd think that something so frequently used would have been improved upon dramatically in the last century and a half.

1 - "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction". So ya gotta go number 2. Thats fine. But why does it have to "kerplunk" in a gallon of water? Nothing is more annoying than when the (tainted) water decides to splash back up and give you an undesired washin'.

2 - Not enough room to do your business! So you got done with number 2. Sometimes there isn't enough room behind you, to adequately put your toilet paper to use. Nor is there enough room in the front, for males. It's pretty disturbing when you get that cold feeling of porcelain in an undesired area.

3 - It's basically a funnel. Ok, newer toilets have more powerful jets/suction, but when your business is complete and it's time to flush, sometimes (depending on your toilet paper output) getting all of that into the pipes below just isn't going to happen.

Now, I know this thread is right on the edge here. But lets keep this to a mature and serious discussion, without getting too much into detail, if you know what I mean. So what are some ways that the toilet could be revolutionized...

You make a good point, but the design is ingenius, the only thing we can do it just addon to it. I wish I didn't have use toliet paper instead have one of those $1,000 that washs your bottom for you with a jet of water.

Does it use cold or warm water? I can't image the toilet having a water heating unit, but hey, amuse me.
Photobucket
Message 24 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5471 posts

Re: Top 5 reaons Toilets really suck!

Apr 5, 2007
:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy: toilets re better then taking a dump in a bush. lol
Message 25 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2706 posts

Apr 5, 2007

Garconis wrote:

Lay toilet paper on the water, as a cushion if you have that problem

Stand up if neccessary... or stand up and squat.

If it is a decent toilet, this should not be a problem, and what is wrong with using  a plunger?

nateh202

Message 26 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6819 posts

Apr 5, 2007

Mr-Boszak wrote:
:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy: toilets re better then taking a dump in a bush. lol

ah, but what would you rather do.
number 1 aka relieve yourself outside or in the toilet.

Rome Anthem 158 = Freerider Heaven
In my time here, i have learnt that 80% of the stories that are posted on the forums have been reposted from Digg, Reddit, ect..
Message 27 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Apr 5, 2007

Mr-Boszak wrote:

You mean tossing a loaf in the lawn.

During hikes, camping trips, etc you will never take a toilet for granted.
Photobucket
Message 28 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4377 posts

Apr 5, 2007

-Dims- wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Garconis wrote:

yea me 2 i think they called bidets or sumtin like dat but no one in my house uses it

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 29 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4377 posts

Apr 5, 2007
Message 30 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes