Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 05 2007
By: Garconis Ghost of Sparta 15948 posts

Top 3 reaons Toilets really suck!

38 replies 2 views Edited Apr 5, 2007
I'm serious here. Not trying to be gross...

The Toilet is basically the same as it was in 1850. There have been small improvements, water pressure, heated seats, bidet-with-blow-dry, built-in nature sounds and lotion impregnated toilet paper. But these are all peripheral, why has there been no apparent research in totally re-modeling the toilet, from the plumbing up. There must be a better way. You'd think that something so frequently used would have been improved upon dramatically in the last century and a half.

The following really need to be improved upon:

1 - "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction". So ya gotta go number 2. Thats fine. But why does it have to "kerplunk" in a gallon of water? Nothing is more annoying than when the (tainted) water decides to splash back up and give you an undesired washin'.

2 - Not enough room to do your business! So you got done with number 2. Sometimes there isn't enough room behind you, to adequately put your toilet paper to use. Nor is there enough room in the front, for males. It's pretty disturbing when you get that cold feeling of porcelain in an undesired area.

3 - It's basically a funnel. Ok, newer toilets have more powerful jets/suction, but when your business is complete and it's time to flush, sometimes (depending on your toilet paper output) getting all of that into the pipes below just isn't going to happen.

Now, I know this thread is right on the edge here. But lets keep this to a mature and serious discussion, without getting too much into detail, if you know what I mean. So what are some ways that the toilet could be revolutionized...

Message Edited by Garconis on 04-04-2007 09:37 PM
Oh, and just to let you know, this isn't part of my sig.

www.GarCard.com

PlayStation Network ID & Xbox Live Gamercard: Garconis
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4081 posts

Re: Top 5 reaons Toilets really suck!

Apr 5, 2007

Garconis wrote:

The Toilet is basically the same as it was in 1850. There have been small improvements, water pressure, heated seats, bidet-with-blow-dry, built-in nature sounds and lotion impregnated toilet paper. But these are all peripheral, why has there been no apparent research in totally re-modeling the toilet, from the plumbing up. There must be a better way. You'd think that something so frequently used would have been improved upon dramatically in the last century and a half.

1 - "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction". So ya gotta go number 2. Thats fine. But why does it have to "kerplunk" in a gallon of water? Nothing is more annoying than when the (tainted) water decides to splash back up and give you an undesired washin'.

2 - Not enough room to do your business! So you got done with number 2. Sometimes there isn't enough room behind you, to adequately put your toilet paper to use. Nor is there enough room in the front, for males. It's pretty disturbing when you get that cold feeling of porcelain in an undesired area.

3 - It's basically a funnel. Ok, newer toilets have more powerful jets/suction, but when your business is complete and it's time to flush, sometimes (depending on your toilet paper output) getting all of that into the pipes below just isn't going to happen.

Now, I know this thread is right on the edge here. But lets keep this to a mature and serious discussion, without getting too much into detail, if you know what I mean. So what are some ways that the toilet could be revolutionized

I hate those both.
everytime a fanboy whines, god kills a kitten
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4316 posts

Apr 5, 2007
I agree, but where are the 4th and 5th arguements?
This should be where that ugly block face is.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Apr 5, 2007
putting toilet paper in the water before u do ur buisness reduces the splash

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15948 posts

Apr 5, 2007

Lando2 wrote:

Feel free to add them. I was originally going to put 5, but they werent as strong of an argument. I was going to edit the title to Top 3, but I guess I forgot. (changed it now though!)
Oh, and just to let you know, this isn't part of my sig.

www.GarCard.com

PlayStation Network ID & Xbox Live Gamercard: Garconis
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15329 posts

Apr 5, 2007

Lando2 wrote:

Exactly what I was going to ask.

God I hate #1 :smileymad:
-
--

CNNBoy-Cancer stickless for 3 days
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19346 posts

Apr 5, 2007

Lando2 wrote:

Yes, where are they?

And, I for sure agree with 1 and 2.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2796 posts

Re: Top 3 reaons Toilets really suck!

Apr 5, 2007

Garconis wrote:

Now, I know this thread is right on the edge here. But lets keep this to a mature and serious discussion, without getting too much into detail, if you know what I mean. So what are some ways that the toilet could be revolutionized...

I so freaking agree on those man.:smileytongue:
�� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ���� PnP LAN

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14001 posts

Apr 5, 2007

Garconis wrote:

rofl....so true.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Apr 5, 2007

Garconis wrote:

You make a good point, but the design is ingenius, the only thing we can do it just addon to it. I wish I didn't have use toliet paper instead have one of those $1,000 that washs your bottom for you with a jet of water.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes