Apr 15 2007
By: Codename:IglyisNis~ Fender Bender 3719 posts

Top 10 People Most Dangerous to Video Gaming

7 replies 1 views Edited Apr 15, 2007
http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/xbox360/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=2007041214125929...

Whom should a gamer fear? Aliens? We clip 'em with a headshot from 200 yards. Mushrooms? We'll stomp 'em flat. Guys with fast cars? Magical summoned demons? Zombie Nazis driving dinosaur mechs? Please.

But in the real world, it's another story. People here can mess us up. He's an absolute nutjob, but anti-gaming crusader and "Seriously? This guy hasn't been disbarred yet?" lawyer Jack Thompson would like nothing better than to see every game, publisher, developer, and even player cast into a giant, Terminator-style pool of molten iron. That can't be good. And he's just the tip of the iceberg.

In fact, he's the kitten of this lineup. Despite the fact that he can lob lawsuits at the gaming industry faster than Michael Richards can spew racial epithets, Jack Thompson probably can't do us much harm. He's too radical to be taken seriously. The real dark side Jedi are quieter, more dangerous operatives whose identities have been kept secret... until right now. In an effort to turn the masses of gamers in the world into one huge, well-educated ninja force, we've compiled this list of the Top Ten People Most Dangerous to Gaming. These are the folks who threaten your hobby on a daily basis, some of whom you know. Read on, and prepare yourself for the coming storm.

Message 1 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8643 posts

Re: Top 10 People Most Dangerous to Video Gaming

Apr 15, 2007
I hate him...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot at 2007-08-05
Message 2 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36063 posts

Apr 15, 2007
8) Retailer Game Distributors
How do we fight him?
That's easy. Buy new instead of used when you can

Yeah, that'll show them.

Another gem from athat article:
"They buy used games for way too little and sell them for way too much - and to be honest, the used games market ravages the finances of publishers and developers (who don't get a dime of profit on previously-used games) so much that it's really not worth the five bucks you save."

It's interesting to see how game developers and music labels think they are somehow special and that their products should never be resold.  Imagine buying a sports car and then realizing you don't like it.  But Daimler Chrysler has passed a law making it impossible for you to sell your almost-new Dodge Charger to someone else. 

"It's really not fair to the auto industry.  We're not making a dime off of the resale of that car.  It's car buyers like you who are destroying the American auto industry."

If that last statement sounds absurd, that's only because it is absurd.  I've never bought a brand new car in my life, and never intend to.  If that somehow magically bankrupts the Big Three automakers, then so be it.  You see, car manufacturers have calculated resale value into the price of the new vehicle.  Why?  Because it's realistic.
Message 3 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8950 posts

Apr 15, 2007

I have been looking at Gamesradar.com and they get really interesting articles, anyway on to the story.  I agree with a lot of the stuff in there,  it's funny how the fanboys are hurting themselves.  They go on saying the 360 sucks, or vice-versa and then rant on about it saying immature things making themselves look like **bleep**s.

Then they said the non-gamer, which is oh so true.  I was watching an episode of On The Spot and they had some real calls to the organization or whatever.  One women talked about Doom 3. She said it should be banned, the person on the other line asked if she ever played it.  No.  She then said they should have something to tell you whats in the game.  I was sitting at my computer saying, Umm look at the back of the box it tells you who it's for and whats in it.  It's rated M with Blood and Gore, Intense Violence and language. I don't want Timmy playing this game. 

The game store one is kind of true, I really just hate how they rip on systems sometimes.  Someone wanted a PS3 and the lady behind the counter was ripping it a new one.  I was standing there listening thinking to myself, just let him get it.  He should be able to spend his money the way he wants.

I hate the thought of people going and buying Madden every year.  I haven't bought one since 04 becuase I know I'm getting basically the same exact game with maybe a pointless feature put on.  Some of the bext games are the ones you don't pay attention to.  Shadow of the Colussus is one of my favorite games and I never really hear anyone talking about it.

The money hungry publishers are the same thing, Madden being pushed out every year.  That’s why some of the best games are the ones you don’t really hear about. 

Pirating is pretty self explanatory, they steal the games and the companies lose money.

With Politicians again, there’s a rating.  It’s almost the same thing with movies, we might as well ban them to.

Psychopaths, they made a good point that GTA: SA sold 14 million copies and there were only a handful of cases that claimed it was GTA that made them do it.  They had other problems; I don’t think too many people play a game and say “I want to go kill everyone”.  There has to be some family issues and some hatred in their lives to do that.     

The parent one is very true.  I think it was on the Daily Show they had a Politian (who was a parent) said he was watching his son kill people in games.  Well go over and shut the game off, it’s not that hard.  You wouldn’t let your kid into an R rated movie with sex and violence, what makes a game any different. 

Ahh little Timmy, You don’t know how many times I’m playing RS: Vegas or Halo or whatever and a little pre-pubescent kid comes on.  They are the whiners and the people that annoy me the most.  I hear older people asking how they got the game.  “My parent let me play anything”.  I bet your parents wouldn’t like to hear you cussing up a storm.  They would most likely beast your ass purple. 

PSN:ThePeacemaker02
Message 4 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3719 posts

Apr 15, 2007

TJ32 wrote:

The game store one is kind of true, I really just hate how they rip on systems sometimes.  Someone wanted a PS3 and the lady behind the counter was ripping it a new one.  I was standing there listening thinking to myself, just let him get it.  He should be able to spend his money the way he wants.

That was the most true thing ever. Nothing is going to kill gaming like the game stores. They're just horrid. I actuaklly had to go into one the othre day *Shudder*, to buy BF2: AF. So, some old folks ask about getting the identical arcade pac man game for their computer. The sals clerk sys they dont have it, and sells the folks some $60 frogger game. The couple didn't even want it. It's sad really. I absolutly hate the EB Games in my area, and avoid it whenEVER possible.
Message 5 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13470 posts

Apr 15, 2007
Timmy is #1Smiley Very Happy LmaoSmiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14005 posts

Apr 15, 2007
very cool article man thanks
Message 7 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3719 posts

Apr 15, 2007

SocomMaster11 wrote:
Timmy is #1Smiley Very Happy LmaoSmiley Very Happy

Its a great analogy. Kids with no knowledge are literally the problem. THey ruin online, act stupid with bad gmes,are easily targetted etc.
Message 8 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes