Treasure Hunter
9036 posts

Re: Too Old for Gaming?

Dec 1, 2006
Play SOCOM and you'll feel like you're playing with your age group, unless you somehow run into high-pitched voices.
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10008 posts

Dec 1, 2006

KaMeLeOn_ wrote:
 I'm 20 years old and sometimes I feel like i'm too old to be playing games. Even though i don't play that much, heck i haven't played for 2 months now, whenever i do play I can't help to feel that i'm older than most of the people i play with.Especially when i'm playing a game online and i hear someone with a high pitched voice that can put a crack through my TV. I try to find people 'of my age' to hang out with and have normal conversation with outside the game.  I don't want to elaborate, i think you get the general point.

Anyways, do you ever feel that your timed has passed as a gamer and you have to move on?

man you are nowhere near to old my brother is almost thirty and he prolly plays video games more then me and i play a bunch
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3440 posts

Dec 1, 2006

Sandra2N wrote:
I know what you mean, but 20 is still young.  But it's hard to have much leisure time as you get older.  Personally I prefer to read a book than play video games.  I've never played with someone else, I don't even know what it's called or how to do it.  I mean, I've played with friends in the flesh...but whatever that stuff the kids are into these days with that microphone deal and whatnot-haven't done it, and not interested.  I'm 26f and I only play maybe 10 times a year.  When I get a new game though (which isn't often) I'll play a bit more. 
I played more when I was a child, with my coleco, atari, NES and SNES.  Only at night though, during the day I was usually outside playing, as all children should.  It's sad how most parents nowadays just plop their kid in front of tv/computer/video games and consider them being occupied and out of their hair.  SAD. 

I do think this generation is too technology reliant.  Any thoughts?

lol, heck yeah. I thought about this the other day. We had a blackout.... and me and my roommate just, went to sleep. We were so helpless, and unproductive. Just..... Lumps, total vegetables. People these days (including myself) act like it's the end of life when there is no electricity. . Imagine what people not even 50 years ago did without internet/video games. Damn!
Then again, well, actually nevermind.
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1843 posts

Dec 1, 2006

KaMeLeOn_ wrote:
 I'm 20 years old and sometimes I feel like i'm too old to be playing games. Even though i don't play that much, heck i haven't played for 2 months now, whenever i do play I can't help to feel that i'm older than most of the people i play with.Especially when i'm playing a game online and i hear someone with a high pitched voice that can put a crack through my TV. I try to find people 'of my age' to hang out with and have normal conversation with outside the game.  I don't want to elaborate, i think you get the general point.

Anyways, do you ever feel that your timed has passed as a gamer and you have to move on?

Your only 20 and you feel to old for gaming?

What is wrong with you, the average gamer is in the mid to high 20's.
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4212 posts

Dec 1, 2006

switch_ wrote:

omahacr-29 wrote:
I think it all depends on the individual and how much gaming affects your'e responsibilities.

i think this sums it up.

i'm 20, i work. i go out. i go to school. i eat, sleep, have good fashion sense, watch movies, see the sky everyday, am a geek, am friendly, am a gamer. and i don't feel guilty about it.

i can manage, so i never feel unproductive.

I try to find people like you switch who not only are gamers but have social life too, so that we can discuss something other than the game itself! This is really hard to do because not many gamers are 18+ and social.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7225 posts

Dec 2, 2006
I'm 20 years old and I can't stop playing video games. I love playing video games and I probably be playing video games till i'm 100 years old.
MimiPRGameFreak Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1651 posts

Dec 2, 2006
my brother is 26 and he's harcore pc gamer.
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6471 posts

Dec 2, 2006
I'll be turning 27 next year, and I still enjoy gaming just as much as when I first started back in 1984. Sure, I have responsibilities these days, and I'm not able to game nearly as much compared to when I was a kid. However, that's not to say that I don't try and pick up a controller every chance I get. I don't think there is such a thing as being too old for gaming. I think that so long as you still enjoy it, then by all means have a good time.
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20646 posts

Dec 2, 2006
my uncle is 40 something and he still games...not as much as he used to, but he still does nonetheless...so imo your never too old
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3048 posts

Dec 2, 2006
My cousin is 20 and he's still upgrading his computer for games but mostly multimedia.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes