Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Re: Too Old for Gaming?

Dec 1, 2006

KaMeLeOn_ wrote:
 I'm 20 years old and sometimes I feel like i'm too old to be playing games. Even though i don't play that much, heck i haven't played for 2 months now, whenever i do play I can't help to feel that i'm older than most of the people i play with.Especially when i'm playing a game online and i hear someone with a high pitched voice that can put a crack through my TV. I try to find people 'of my age' to hang out with and have normal conversation with outside the game.  I don't want to elaborate, i think you get the general point.

Anyways, do you ever feel that your timed has passed as a gamer and you have to move on?

I have an older brother who is 24 and he still games.... I'm only 16 so I don't know what you mean...
The Lord is my Shepherd..
Jesus is my hero..
Gamers are People too...
Message 31 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4303 posts

Dec 1, 2006
No.

Click the sig
Message 32 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3540 posts

Dec 1, 2006
you are never too old for gaming

Message 33 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9674 posts

Dec 1, 2006
I play guild wars with a 44 year old grandmother and her 19 year old son,  your never too old, just there is alot of immature kids online.

check out The Older Gamers community. I think you have to be 25 years old to join, but there are tons of people in there, and like 5 guilds at the 100 member limit, plus several guilds allied with the main ones, all filled with people from TOG.

Message 34 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4534 posts

Dec 1, 2006
There is no age limit on having fun my friend, one is never too old to enjoy gaming. Smiley Tongue
OTR
Message 35 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Dec 1, 2006
I know what you mean, but 20 is still young.  But it's hard to have much leisure time as you get older.  Personally I prefer to read a book than play video games.  I've never played with someone else, I don't even know what it's called or how to do it.  I mean, I've played with friends in the flesh...but whatever that stuff the kids are into these days with that microphone deal and whatnot-haven't done it, and not interested.  I'm 26f and I only play maybe 10 times a year.  When I get a new game though (which isn't often) I'll play a bit more. 
I played more when I was a child, with my coleco, atari, NES and SNES.  Only at night though, during the day I was usually outside playing, as all children should.  It's sad how most parents nowadays just plop their kid in front of tv/computer/video games and consider them being occupied and out of their hair.  SAD. 

I do think this generation is too technology reliant.  Any thoughts?
Message 36 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8773 posts

Dec 1, 2006

KaMeLeOn_ wrote:
 I'm 20 years old and sometimes I feel like i'm too old to be playing games. Even though i don't play that much, heck i haven't played for 2 months now, whenever i do play I can't help to feel that i'm older than most of the people i play with.Especially when i'm playing a game online and i hear someone with a high pitched voice that can put a crack through my TV. I try to find people 'of my age' to hang out with and have normal conversation with outside the game.  I don't want to elaborate, i think you get the general point.

Anyways, do you ever feel that your timed has passed as a gamer and you have to move on?

No. I still do play videogames but not that very often. I wouldn't stop playing videogames because that's the only choice I would do in my own time other than just something else that I'm not interested in.
Message 37 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5847 posts

Dec 1, 2006
I'm 32 and plan on gaming for a long timeSmiley Happy
 photo godofwarsig34712.png
Message 38 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Dec 1, 2006
nooooooo wayy, you can never be too old for video games
Message 39 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3342 posts

Dec 1, 2006
the supergroup i'm with in city of heroes has around 120 players,most of which are 20s but there are alot that are near twice our age.that game also has supergroups and villains groups that contain only players age 55 and up.

Message Edited by Jaymiester on 12-01-2006 05:54 AM
My Cardomain Page.
Former GFAC USAF-8 years
Message 40 of 55 (0 Views)
0 Likes