Highlighted
Dec 05 2006
By: hyperactive_~ Lombax Warrior 98 posts

Tony Hawk or SKATE?

4 replies 3 views Edited Dec 5, 2006
I was just wondering if there are people here that are looking more forward to the new game SKATE, for PS3, than the Tony Hawk franchise.

I know I am.  I really only enjoyed the first 2 or 3 games from Tony Hawk.  After that, it just seemed to become too commercialized.  The concept of just skating to skate disappeared after that.  SKATE, however, seems to be going back to the basics and it excites me.  I don't have a PS3 but that is one of the games that would convince me to get one.
Message 1 of 5 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42141 posts

Re: Tony Hawk or SKATE?

Dec 5, 2006
I have yet to look into any info about SKATE (although PSM had a nice preview on it a few issues back) but Tony Hawk has dropped off the radar for me for the past few installments.  Last one I played was 3 I believe.

So I might go read the preview later to see if it's worth keeping an eye on.

Message 2 of 5 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9508 posts

Dec 5, 2006
Skating isn't very appealing to me anymore. I jsut feel like the majority of people who wear skatew clothes and talk about it are 13 year olds who haven never picked up a skateboard in their life. I totally agree with you. The first games were good, but I think it hit a dead end after Tony Hawk 3.

I want Call of Duty 3... Now that's a video game
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 3 of 5 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8963 posts

Dec 5, 2006
Most skatebaord games are old and done. theres no point to come out with new ones (TH franchise) cuz its all been done.
venom
Message 4 of 5 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Dec 5, 2006
belive i have thought about this and a reason i get skate is because its a whole different concept than getttin sponsered in 8 games so i would and ive read about skate and heards its gonna be good and will make more if it sells alot and its on 360 too
userbarz.com
userbarz.com
userbarz.com
userbarz.com
userbarz.com
userbarz.com
Message 5 of 5 (3 Views)
0 Likes