Mar 01 2014
By: Setzaroth Limit Breaker 18676 posts

Tolerance is a one way street

[ Edited ]
18 replies 231 views Edited Mar 1, 2014

"A federal appeals court ruled on Thursday that school administrators acted appropriately when they asked students wearing American flag shirts to turn them inside out during the school’s Cinco de Mayo celebration. The court says the threat of racial violence outweighed the students’ freedom of expression."

"The 9th Circuit upheld the rights of Mexican students celebrating a holiday of another country over U.S. student proudly supporting this country,” Becker said.

Really? I can't even begin to dig into what is wrong with this. The reason they cite in the article is pretty weak if you ask me.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/02/118161-court-gives-ok-school-ban-patriotic-shirts-safety/

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 1 of 19 (231 Views)
Survivor
2567 posts

Re: Tolerance is a one way street

Mar 1, 2014
In canada, they don't hide their maple syrup and moose.

This is why canata is better than amoricka
Message 2 of 19 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4992 posts

Mar 1, 2014

Could you imagine if an American went into Mexico and asked them to remove their Mexican flags because it's "offensive"? They would laugh in that person's face or worse (and rightfully so).

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
220+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 3 of 19 (189 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

Mar 1, 2014
Admin were probably having a bad day. If someone told me that, I would tell them to **bleep** off and have a nice day. I can't stand crap like. Our world is so screwed up!!! Probably some mexican got upset, tired of it, because someone complains. I say the pledge the correct way.
 photo 90years_zps08bfda1e.png
Message 4 of 19 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55471 posts

Mar 3, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

"A federal appeals court ruled on Thursday that school administrators acted appropriately when they asked students wearing American flag shirts to turn them inside out during the school’s Cinco de Mayo celebration. The court says the threat of racial violence outweighed the students’ freedom of expression."

"The 9th Circuit upheld the rights of Mexican students celebrating a holiday of another country over U.S. student proudly supporting this country,” Becker said.

Really? I can't even begin to dig into what is wrong with this. The reason they cite in the article is pretty weak if you ask me.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/02/118161-court-gives-ok-school-ban-patriotic-shirts-safety/

SO if the mexican or canadian flag offends me I have the right to force people to turn their shirts inside out at school?

Do I live in America or the USSR in the 70's?    Seriously.....freedom of speech, freedom of religion....OF not FROM!

Message 5 of 19 (146 Views)
Wastelander
592 posts

Mar 3, 2014

those poor mexicans weren't given the freedom to beat up the kids sporting a patriotic symbol. what an injustice to the world.

ferguson is a weird name for an iraqi village
Message 6 of 19 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55471 posts

Mar 3, 2014

I just find it hypocritical to force kids to turn their American flags inside out while allowing another country's flag to be worn without the same demand of flipping it inside out.

If it were up to me they could wear whatever flag they want and no one, under the first ammendment, could tell them otherwise.   It is the freedom OF speech not the freedom FROM speech.

Message 7 of 19 (134 Views)
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Mar 3, 2014

I'm getting real tired of this America. People being so sensitive, political correctness, two way streets/double standards/hypricrosy when it comes to race/gender/orientation/religion

f this

KZMProductionsGT
Message 8 of 19 (109 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 3, 2014

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:

those poor mexicans weren't given the freedom to beat up the kids sporting a patriotic symbol. what an injustice to the world.

So you're advocating criminals ruling our lives then?

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 9 of 19 (101 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Mar 4, 2014

nour321 wrote:
In canada, they don't hide their maple syrup and moose.

This is why canata is better than amoricka

did Canada change their national flag?

i would like to see this new syrup moose flag.

Message 10 of 19 (88 Views)
0 Likes