Highlighted
Dec 26 2012
By: MJB2348765 Fender Bender 3995 posts

Tokyo Prices

[ Edited ]
8 replies 124 views Edited Dec 26, 2012

Yesterday I was talking to some of my friend from Tokyo, Japan and we were discussing the price of living  in both or countries well cities and I was shocked to here some of the prices of items in Tokyo. Actually I just found out  that Tokyo prices are said to be one of the most highest in the world, so I am guessing NYC is number 1 LOL? Anyway I found this video to compare some of the prices of Tokyo to the USA? And some are the same and some are extremely different.  Tokyo has always been a dream city of mine to visit before I leave this earth, but I might need to keep this in mind while I am visiting over there XD.

Anyway, what do you think about the prices? 

Message 1 of 9 (124 Views)
MVP Support
40080 posts

Re: Tokyo Prices

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

I used to live & work in the City of London & London is a relatively expensive city, New York too, I've been to Tokyo as well & yes, it was expensive there, I had the opportunity to travel to Sydney a year ago, Sydney was ridiculously expensive, a morning cup of coffee was small & as half as much again as a regular one here, think I'll stay in the USA for a while!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 9 (98 Views)
Welcoming Committee
10408 posts

Dec 26, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

I used to live & work in the City of London & London is a relatively expensive city, New York too, I've been to Tokyo as well & yes, it was expensive there, I had the opportunity to travel to Sydney a year ago, Sydney was ridiculously expensive, a morning cup of coffee was small & as half as much again as a regular one here, think I'll stay in the USA for a while!

Good! Smiley Mad Smiley Tongue

[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[My Power Shall Be Absolute! #Vergil]
Message 3 of 9 (95 Views)
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Dec 26, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

As long as we don't go over the fiscal cliff in the U.S., everything will be okay. Brit have you heard about this tax stuff yet? We might have another recession on top of this one.

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 4 of 9 (87 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40080 posts

Dec 26, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

As long as we don't go over the fiscal cliff in the U.S., everything will be okay. Brit have you heard about this tax stuff yet? We might have another recession on top of this one.

This "Fiscal Cliff" thing makes me "laugh", I see those two idiots Obama & Boehner going backwards & forwards from one TV Channel to another, it makes me dizzy lol.

I know it's a serious matter though & they can't agree on a number, geezzz they're not even meeting in the middle are they!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 5 of 9 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Prices in Brazil are also high because of taxes... a.k.a BS.

Message 6 of 9 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2698 posts

Dec 27, 2012

I love these documentary type shows about Asia.  Seeing those prices doesn't scare me also.  I live in one of the top 10 most expensive cities in USA so its kinda normal for me lol.  Gas prices here go as high as $4.80 gal and food is expensive.

I would like to visit there but I wouldn't want to live there.  My city just started having flights directly to Tokyo Japan and other Asian countries.  I don't have enough vacation hours at the moment lol.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 7 of 9 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Dec 27, 2012
There is this reason, Well, Japan spent no money in military and defense, so their main point is to improve their economy. With their economy improved, people start to have better life, and they start to ask for more, demand more, which lead to finer product being made, which lead to bigger price and more taxes, but it's all my guess lol
Message 8 of 9 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3995 posts

Dec 27, 2012
Yeah Japan needs US military for safety.
Message 9 of 9 (42 Views)
0 Likes