Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2013
Offline
5627 posts
 

Re: Today's movies suck!

Aug 25, 2013


Yes Michael Ironside is too old now, he's 63, but in the game itself, Sam Fisher is 42.

Tom Hardy did a great job in playing Bane, but at the age of 35, I just don't feel he looks "seasoned" enough to play the character of Sam Fisher. However, still looking forward to it!

 

 


Agreed. Don't forget Tom Hardy made his debut I think debut at least in Star Trek Nemesis as Praetor Shinzon best villain in my opinion. I just can't wait to see the new splinter cell that movie I will go watch for sure! I heard they are making a world of warcraft film to but haven't heard much about it.

 photo original_zpsuu822nnr.jpg
Message 51 of 64 (131 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
16313 posts
 

Re: Today's movies suck!

Aug 25, 2013

rainbose wrote:

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

I hate movies that are made today. No originality I loved the 70s 80s and 90s movies those had originality movie making. Now a days its just about special effects with poor acting and poor script writing oh and hot women running around half naked. just my opinion lol


Majority of these movies lately (with the exception of the nolan films) are just produced to make money. They don't have sequals, there's just a one time story and it's over.


If a movie is produced to make money, they are going to have sequels... The Marvel movies are one huge cash grab, but they are also GOOD. The earlier ones, not so much, but they learned how to make a better comic book movie.

Look at Star Wars.... Disney paid $4billion for ownership.... They're going to make their money back in more than just movies. Does that mean they're going to fail? No.... they have some of the best people to make sure that doesn't happen.

Every movie is made to make money ANYHOW. The movies that make the most money are the GOOD ones. Thats business and entertainment for you..... Money makes the world go round. Thats the reality.

Regardless if you think some pop-culture movie like Avengers is crap or not, theres several million other people that beg to differ. 
But thats only an opinion and not fact. ;P

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up


Message 52 of 64 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/09/2011
Offline
1873 posts
 

Re: Today's movies suck!

Aug 25, 2013

Have you watched Oblivion? that movie is mind blowning?

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 53 of 64 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
16313 posts
 

Re: Today's movies suck!

Aug 25, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

userusb wrote:

Yes, there are plenty of movies that lack originality, just go see a Bruce Willis movie. Bruce is the hero, he's badass, there's some sort of family dispute, a super villain and then Bruce kicks his **bleep**. This is why I don't see Bruce Willis movies very often, I find they're the same copy+paste formula.

 

But I find there are plenty of movies with original ideas as well. I find the Disney and Pixar movies are a great example. Many of the characters are unique and it would take me 20 years to come up with their characters.

 

There also movies with great acting and scripts. I find the Batman Trilogy with Christian Bale and Captain America: First Avenger (and other Marvel and DC Comics movies) to be fine examples of this. It's all believable and doesn't look like the actors read the script 5 seconds before the scene was filmed.


Did you see Looper with Bruce willis?  Not the typical fare.  And of course Sixth Sense.

 

As for the Batman trilogy being believable, they lost me at The Dark Knight.  Not believable at all.  Maybe it's time I re-posted my 40-odd major flaws and inconsistencies I found in that movie.  Batman Begins was pretty awesome.  The other two were weaksauce, and not very believable.

 


Please expand on that.... im interested in your opinion

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up


Message 54 of 64 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
16313 posts
 

Re: Today's movies suck!

Aug 25, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

Not that I hate good graphics per se, but they are not supposed to be the singular focus of the game.  Gameplay and repeat gameplay need to be at the top of the list.


Nah, those are the words of the developers being parroted by people who don't know any better..... graphics NEVER were the point of focus on games for me. There are a few exceptions though.

I'd rather take an awesome story over graphics any day. I'm playing FF7 for like the 50th time already.... probably got about 3000+ hours since the release of the game....

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up


Message 55 of 64 (121 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
16313 posts
 

Re: Today's movies suck!

Aug 25, 2013

MsRock-N-Roll wrote:

 

I kind of dig 1920 operas. Plays too <3 

I agree movies from then were..ARE better compared to today's. Yeah they have better effects, but I LOVE the corny, older effects. Even the TV shows. The Munsters FTW!


Ahh yes, practical special effects are still fun. the use of latex, rubber, silicone, foam, cornstarch and food coloring.... even Alfred Hitchcock's films are great.... they used chocolate syrup as blood a lot because they were black and white so there wasn't any distinction on screen. it was also cheap.


Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up


Message 56 of 64 (119 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
16313 posts
 

Re: Today's movies suck!

Aug 26, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:


Yes Michael Ironside is too old now, he's 63, but in the game itself, Sam Fisher is 42.

Tom Hardy did a great job in playing Bane, but at the age of 35, I just don't feel he looks "seasoned" enough to play the character of Sam Fisher. However, still looking forward to it!

 

 


Agreed. Don't forget Tom Hardy made his debut I think debut at least in Star Trek Nemesis as Praetor Shinzon best villain in my opinion. I just can't wait to see the new splinter cell that movie I will go watch for sure! I heard they are making a world of warcraft film to but haven't heard much about it.


Yea, that was one of Hardy's very first film roles.


I absolutely cannot wait for the Mad Max remake.... the vehicles are just as wild as ever and Hardy's look as Max is really good.

I also wish they'd remake The Wraith.... the old movie is funny at times and its fun to watch, but they can REALLY make it more serious if they wanted to and use a badass car for it....

I love movies where the cars are just as important as the characters. But I love cars anyway

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up


Message 57 of 64 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
16313 posts
 

Re: Today's movies suck!

Aug 26, 2013

I watched Elysium.... Not the best movie made.... The plot was ok but all to predictable, but there was little to no actual attachment to any of the characters so I actually didn't care about any of them.
The Kreuger character just threw it all off for me completely.... 
The worst part about it, was that if you seen the trailers for it, you've essentially seen the entire movie. I hate when they do that. Spoils the movie.

It could have been WAYYY better. Jodie Foster forcing a French accent was an abysmal failure.

 


Oblivion was all about earth-pr0n. And it was a great movie as well. Obviously a little predictable, but sometimes its not about the end but the adventure getting to it thats the best.

The 2 Star Trek movies were great, especially Into Darkness. And to the quip about the half-naked girl.... come on, that was a few seconds and no other time during the movie was there anything of the sort. Don't nit-pick. If you're THAT worried about objectification in movies, you shouldn't be watching them, because throughout the history of movies, both men and women have been objectified in film.

If you want movies without special effects..... don't watch any Sci-Fi, fantasy, comic adaptations..... but guess what.... there are movies that aren't in the popular genres that use special effects...... Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.... that had A LOT of special effects, it was also a great movie. 
Heck, even Cable Guy..... they used some CGI there too, was still a great movie.

It really does seem you're only remembering what YOUR opinion of a good movie is/was. 


Sometimes, to enjoy a movie, you just have to vegetate and not worry about the plot or characters or worry about special effects or anything like that and just sit down, soak up the A/C, eat your popcorn/nachos and sip on your Double Extra Triple Large bucket of soda for $20 and relax.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up


Message 58 of 64 (115 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14296 posts
 

Re: Today's movies suck!

Aug 26, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

I watched Elysium.... Not the best movie made.... The plot was ok but all to predictable, but there was little to no actual attachment to any of the characters so I actually didn't care about any of them.
The Kreuger character just threw it all off for me completely.... 
The worst part about it, was that if you seen the trailers for it, you've essentially seen the entire movie. I hate when they do that. Spoils the movie.

It could have been WAYYY better. Jodie Foster forcing a French accent was an abysmal failure.

 


Oblivion was all about earth-pr0n. And it was a great movie as well. Obviously a little predictable, but sometimes its not about the end but the adventure getting to it thats the best.

The 2 Star Trek movies were great, especially Into Darkness. And to the quip about the half-naked girl.... come on, that was a few seconds and no other time during the movie was there anything of the sort. Don't nit-pick. If you're THAT worried about objectification in movies, you shouldn't be watching them, because throughout the history of movies, both men and women have been objectified in film.

If you want movies without special effects..... don't watch any Sci-Fi, fantasy, comic adaptations..... but guess what.... there are movies that aren't in the popular genres that use special effects...... Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.... that had A LOT of special effects, it was also a great movie. 
Heck, even Cable Guy..... they used some CGI there too, was still a great movie.

It really does seem you're only remembering what YOUR opinion of a good movie is/was. 


Sometimes, to enjoy a movie, you just have to vegetate and not worry about the plot or characters or worry about special effects or anything like that and just sit down, soak up the A/C, eat your popcorn/nachos and sip on your Double Extra Triple Large bucket of soda for $20 and relax.


I agree about the use of special effects. I see no reason to hate on them as long as they are good. Hate on movies for using them poorly, not special effects as a whole. It is very ignorant.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 59 of 64 (113 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/08/2013
Offline
3576 posts
 

Re: Today's movies suck!

Aug 26, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

userusb wrote:

Yes, there are plenty of movies that lack originality, just go see a Bruce Willis movie. Bruce is the hero, he's badass, there's some sort of family dispute, a super villain and then Bruce kicks his **bleep**. This is why I don't see Bruce Willis movies very often, I find they're the same copy+paste formula.

 

But I find there are plenty of movies with original ideas as well. I find the Disney and Pixar movies are a great example. Many of the characters are unique and it would take me 20 years to come up with their characters.

 

There also movies with great acting and scripts. I find the Batman Trilogy with Christian Bale and Captain America: First Avenger (and other Marvel and DC Comics movies) to be fine examples of this. It's all believable and doesn't look like the actors read the script 5 seconds before the scene was filmed.


Did you see Looper with Bruce willis?  Not the typical fare.  And of course Sixth Sense.

 

As for the Batman trilogy being believable, they lost me at The Dark Knight.  Not believable at all.  Maybe it's time I re-posted my 40-odd major flaws and inconsistencies I found in that movie.  Batman Begins was pretty awesome.  The other two were weaksauce, and not very believable.

 


It's all subjective, the second movie was the best for me and the first was the worst for me (I'm not saying it's bad though, it's very good).

Message 60 of 64 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes