Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Re: Today's movies suck!

Aug 24, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

I hate movies that are made today. No originality I loved the 70s 80s and 90s movies those had originality movie making. Now a days its just about special effects with poor acting and poor script writing oh and hot women running around half naked. just my opinion lol

Majority of these movies lately (with the exception of the nolan films) are just produced to make money. They don't have sequals, there's just a one time story and it's over.

Message 21 of 64 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9179 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2013

ffChangeDaBullets wrote:

I hate movies that are made today. No originality I loved the 70s 80s and 90s movies those had originality movie making. Now a days its just about special effects with poor acting and poor script writing oh and hot women running around half naked. just my opinion lol

This movie was great..
Message 22 of 64 (135 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4090 posts

Aug 24, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

Most of today's movies are just special effects.. For instnace I am a HUGE star trek fan and I was utterly outraged over when JJ Abrams took the franchise over and turned the film into a star wars parody. All that disgusting film was a hot babe half naked special effects star wars theme based.. That's not star trek. but anyways.. I just prefer old classics over now adays filming.. Sure they have made some good movies but it is rare for them to actually make a block buster film. Now with a watch dogs film coming out and a new splinter cell movie coming out I really hope and pray they don't ruin it. Tom hardy supposed to play sam fisher

Aparently you have watched a different version of OST than I have.

Message 23 of 64 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4090 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Yeah, hate those 2000 movies, huh? LoTR, Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick, Underworld ...  Matrix came out at the end of the 90's ... just a few outstanding flicks from the 2000's

Message 24 of 64 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Aug 24, 2013
I watched Blue Valentine today. I liked it.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 25 of 64 (106 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Aug 24, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

This is half true. It really depends on the genre though.

Message 26 of 64 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Aug 24, 2013

there are some good films. the last decade had some very good films

KZMProductionsGT
Message 27 of 64 (97 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9087 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Well a lot of today movies suck but there also a lot of good movies you just have to look for the good ones

KANE-FIRE

Message 28 of 64 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4090 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Every year since movies have been made there are bad movies, really bad movies, o.k. movies, decent movies, good movies, really good movies, awesome movies, and movies that live in infamy.

Welcome to The Movies!

When you grow up suddenly nothing is the same as "when everything was golden in my youth" times. Sorry it has happened to some of you at such a young age!

Message 29 of 64 (91 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Aug 25, 2013

Yes, a lot of of the big Hollywood "blockbuster" flicks stink, these days, because of the excessive use of CGI.
But as a whole, today's movies are no better / worse than yesteryear's movies.

Just expand your taste in movies a bit. A lot of lower budget / indie films are great.

If you like sci-fi, check out "Europa Report." I enjoyed it, it's pretty good.

What made it so enjoyable to watch, was that is is entirely possible.

Everything they have / use in the film is stuff we either actually have now or are not out of the realm of possibility.

Plus, most of the scenery is made up of actual photos from NASA.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 30 of 64 (74 Views)