Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
13362 posts

Re: Today's movies suck!

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

Most of today's movies are just special effects.. For instnace I am a HUGE star trek fan and I was utterly outraged over when JJ Abrams took the franchise over and turned the film into a star wars parody. All that disgusting film was a hot babe half naked special effects star wars theme based.. That's not star trek. but anyways.. I just prefer old classics over now adays filming.. Sure they have made some good movies but it is rare for them to actually make a block buster film. Now with a watch dogs film coming out and a new splinter cell movie coming out I really hope and pray they don't ruin it. Tom hardy supposed to play sam fisher

No. Most of the movies you watch are all special effects. Just get out of the action/sci-fi genre and you will find less of them. Even then, special effects are not bad if done correctly (and they often are). 

The problem is that you look back at these times with your rose-tinted glasses. It is like when middle-aged people reminisce about the good ol' days. Yeah, the days of race riots and the Vietnam war were so peaceful. Yet, because they were kids, they only hold onto the memories of Star Wars.

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Message 11 of 64 (155 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5500 posts

Aug 24, 2013

No. Most of the movies you watch are all special effects. Just get out of the action/sci-fi genre and you will find less of them. Even then, special effects are not bad if done correctly (and they often are). 

The problem is that you look back at these times with your rose-tinted glasses. It is like when middle-aged people reminisce about the good ol' days. Yeah, the days of race riots and the Vietnam war were so peaceful. Yet, because they were kids, they only hold onto the memories of Star Wars.

What does that half to do with this topic? lmao huh?

photo xMYwEGm_zpsd47ce352.jpg
Message 12 of 64 (150 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13362 posts

Aug 24, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

You said today's movies suck. I gave my reasoning for why you are deluded and backed it up with an example. It fits fine the topic. why not try to refute it.

Message 13 of 64 (145 Views)
Fender Bender
3522 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Yes, there are plenty of movies that lack originality, just go see a Bruce Willis movie. Bruce is the hero, he's badass, there's some sort of family dispute, a super villain and then Bruce kicks his **bleep**. This is why I don't see Bruce Willis movies very often, I find they're the same copy+paste formula.

But I find there are plenty of movies with original ideas as well. I find the Disney and Pixar movies are a great example. Many of the characters are unique and it would take me 20 years to come up with their characters.

There also movies with great acting and scripts. I find the Batman Trilogy with Christian Bale and Captain America: First Avenger (and other Marvel and DC Comics movies) to be fine examples of this. It's all believable and doesn't look like the actors read the script 5 seconds before the scene was filmed.

Message 14 of 64 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Aug 24, 2013
You can't compare the two, that's like comparing the NES to the PS4.
Platinum Trophies: Saints Row: The Third, Assassins Creed II, Sleeping Dogs
What I'm working on: Metro Last Light
Message 15 of 64 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6367 posts

Aug 24, 2013
Isn't the same thing said about consoles? Every year the graphics get better, but the games get "worse". I see it this way, every decade there will be great movies, and there will be crap movies. It's all opinion based anyways.
Message 16 of 64 (121 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4928 posts

Aug 24, 2013
False. I can name a ton of good movies from today. Box office "hits" don't impress me.
 photo Untitled-1_zps6a2e69f8.jpg
Message 17 of 64 (120 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Aug 24, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

You said today's movies suck. I gave my reasoning for why you are deluded and backed it up with an example. It fits fine the topic. why not try to refute it.

I have to agree with Bob. The thing is they're making more movies to see therefore more flops. I have seen some good independent films. Winter's Bone, Carnage, The Kids Are All Right, Please Give, Cyrus the list goes on and on. You need to search better. 

photo Narcissus1_zps170f3e51.jpg
Message 18 of 64 (118 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13362 posts

Aug 24, 2013

SinDaFella wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

I have to agree with Bob. The thing is they're making more movies to see therefore more flops. I have seen some good independent films. Winter's Bone, Carnage, The Kids Are All Right, Please Give, Cyrus the list goes on and on. You need to search better. 

Exactly. And those really memorable films will be what you think of when you remember the past decade. You will not think of the bad movies, you will think of the enjoyable times with the good movies. 

Message 19 of 64 (113 Views)
MVP Support
7212 posts

Aug 24, 2013

I can agree and disagree with you what you have just said, Change. Just because there's a lot of films that aren't as good as the ones from the past doesn't mean all of today's film are any worse. Take great examples from films like The Hunger Games, Wreck-It-Ralph, and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

Message 20 of 64 (101 Views)
0 Likes