Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4242 posts

Re: Today's movies suck!

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Every movie is made to make money ANYHOW. The movies that make the most money are the GOOD ones. Thats business and entertainment for you..... Money makes the world go round. Thats the reality.

This is rather laughable to be honest. The amount of money a movie makes doesn't really reflect quality. Avatar is the top-grossing movie of all-time, but it can hardly be called the best out there.

Oz the Great and Powerful for example was one of the top-grossing movies of the year, and it can only be called decent at best. It was something that focused too much on pretty visuals, struggled to offer a compelling, well-paced story, and didn't have very much character development, even for the main character Oz himself.

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 64 (71 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12699 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2013

Videogameaddict2 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Every movie is made to make money ANYHOW. The movies that make the most money are the GOOD ones. Thats business and entertainment for you..... Money makes the world go round. Thats the reality.

This is rather laughable to be honest. The amount of money a movie makes doesn't really reflect quality. Avatar is the top-grossing movie of all-time, but it can hardly be called the best out there.

Oz the Great and Powerful for example was one of the top-grossing movies of the year, and it can only be called decent at best.

Here is your misconception. You are presupposing your opinion is the standard. The world thought avatar was outstanding, so it made money. It would not have grossed so much if it was mediocre because half the money came from word-of-mouth.

Maybe people enjoyed Oz? 

Also, certain franchises are money-makers. Pirates 4 was mediocre by most accounts, yet made a good deal of money because the previous 3 were good. The 5th will have more caution surrounding it because of its predecessor. 

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 64 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4242 posts

Aug 26, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Videogameaddict2 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Oz the Great and Powerful for example was one of the top-grossing movies of the year, and it can only be called decent at best.

Here is your misconception. You are presupposing your opinion is the standard. The world thought avatar was outstanding, so it made money. It would not have grossed so much if it was mediocre because half the money came from word-of-mouth.

Maybe people enjoyed Oz? 

Also, certain franchises are money-makers. Pirates 4 was mediocre by most accounts, yet made a good deal of money because the previous 3 were good. The 5th will have more caution surrounding it because of its predecessor. 

How do I have a misconception? I was merely pointing out the fallacy of "Popularity=Quality" and "Money made=Quality".

And yes I'm aware my opinion isn't the standard, especially when I'm someone who will consider a movie good or bad based off of the overall quality, rather than how much I enjoyed it.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 64 (65 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48582 posts

Aug 28, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

I hate movies that are made today. No originality I loved the 70s 80s and 90s movies those had originality movie making. Now a days its just about special effects with poor acting and poor script writing oh and hot women running around half naked. just my opinion lol

The vast majority of todays movies are remakes or rehashes of ideas from movies in the 70's 80's and 90's........makes me think of that south park episode "Simpsons Did It" all the time!

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 64 (44 Views)
0 Likes