Reply
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 10/24/2006
Offline
13860 posts
 

Re: Time traveling.

Nov 29, 2006


wazoo11 wrote:


77BeTa77 wrote:


wazoo11 wrote:
(Your asking the wrong place,Sir.I don't this is the right place of discussion on this board.I have a site that does talk about the unknown if you want it,pm me bro.)

im studying physics and time travel dilation does occur. time in a moving frame of reference(i.e a rocket) goes slower than time in a stationary frame relative to an oberver in the stationary frame. To an observer in the moving frame(the rocket) time goes normally. For example, if one year passes in the rocket ship relative to a crewmember in the ship, more time will pass for an observer on earth (2.3 years at 0.8c). if the rocket returns to earth it will return to the earth's future.

this has been experimented before by having 2 clocks. one of the clock remained stationary while the other was placed in a plane which travelled around the world. once it returned the clock that travelled around the world was behind a second. weird eh.
Reversing the process of the whole universe ?

Unlikely... At the least...

Well,No, because we would see time travelers all over the place right now. Some claim that if you go back in time, you may go into an alternate reality, and that's why we don't see time travelers now. But think about that logic... If we go into another reality, then THOSE people are experiencing time travelers popping into their universe... why aren't we? Shouldn't people from other "realities" be coming back in time and somehow ending up in our universe? Unless you want to be arrogant and say we are the "Default" universe for lack of a better term.

Time is really just a result of perception, it doesn't exist independently
I say limited to the past because in theory the future doesn’t exist yet.
Its funny that that proves if you go forward in time then go back then go forward agene the 2nd time you go forward would be different from the first time you went.
 even if there were some way to travel back and forward through time, wouldn't the person traveling age with the time?
ex: travel backwards in time, get younger, travel forward, older




Think about it...if you went back in time and killed you mother and father,there would be no one to kill them because you don't exist,but if there not dead,there would be someone to kill them.
This could be because the past isn't your past,your in a differnt(SP?) reality.
It is practily the only way to end the paradox if you killed your elders before you were born.
But if you got younger you would not exist to kill your elders.(this paradox hurts my head)
(reason we don't see time travelers: time traveling only effects the traveler)


You cant go back in time and change the past.If you went into the past,you wouldn't be able to touch anything in present time then.What happens in that time period stays the same.If you go back 20 years in the past,you'll be the same from a different dimension(wormholes,I think.)
What you have to realize is that time and space do not parallel each other, the faster you travel the slower your "time" is, so a person who's doing lightspeed has time differences from a person who's walking. So, if your spaceship left at the same time as another and you traveled through a wormhole instantly to a faraway place, your unit of time is basically stopped(your physical state does not change), while the other spaceship spent 20 years traveling and 20 years of time has went by. They key word here is traveling INSTANTLY, even at lightspeed time is still constant.



It is simple, it cant happen because, the future you would have went back in time and done the same thing.


If I have the concept of wormhole right,you warping to a place,so you no time passed while your in the wormhole.
What would happen if we went past lightspead?(one last theory, this is getting illogcial<SP?> for both sides.)
Message 41 of 53 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/05/2006
Offline
502 posts
 

Re: Time traveling.

Nov 29, 2006


GTÇhampion wrote:
john Tiror traveld in time read some of this and then look up on google..pretty intresting.
 


thats really cool, like they said, if he is a fraud he is a very smart one
Message 42 of 53 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/02/2004
Offline
3861 posts
 

Re: Time traveling.

Nov 29, 2006


77BeTa77 wrote:


wazoo11 wrote:


77BeTa77 wrote:


wazoo11 wrote:
(Your asking the wrong place,Sir.I don't this is the right place of discussion on this board.I have a site that does talk about the unknown if you want it,pm me bro.)

im studying physics and time travel dilation does occur. time in a moving frame of reference(i.e a rocket) goes slower than time in a stationary frame relative to an oberver in the stationary frame. To an observer in the moving frame(the rocket) time goes normally. For example, if one year passes in the rocket ship relative to a crewmember in the ship, more time will pass for an observer on earth (2.3 years at 0.8c). if the rocket returns to earth it will return to the earth's future.

this has been experimented before by having 2 clocks. one of the clock remained stationary while the other was placed in a plane which travelled around the world. once it returned the clock that travelled around the world was behind a second. weird eh.
Reversing the process of the whole universe ?

Unlikely... At the least...

Well,No, because we would see time travelers all over the place right now. Some claim that if you go back in time, you may go into an alternate reality, and that's why we don't see time travelers now. But think about that logic... If we go into another reality, then THOSE people are experiencing time travelers popping into their universe... why aren't we? Shouldn't people from other "realities" be coming back in time and somehow ending up in our universe? Unless you want to be arrogant and say we are the "Default" universe for lack of a better term.

Time is really just a result of perception, it doesn't exist independently
I say limited to the past because in theory the future doesn’t exist yet.
Its funny that that proves if you go forward in time then go back then go forward agene the 2nd time you go forward would be different from the first time you went.
 even if there were some way to travel back and forward through time, wouldn't the person traveling age with the time?
ex: travel backwards in time, get younger, travel forward, older




Think about it...if you went back in time and killed you mother and father,there would be no one to kill them because you don't exist,but if there not dead,there would be someone to kill them.
This could be because the past isn't your past,your in a differnt(SP?) reality.
It is practily the only way to end the paradox if you killed your elders before you were born.
But if you got younger you would not exist to kill your elders.(this paradox hurts my head)
(reason we don't see time travelers: time traveling only effects the traveler)


You cant go back in time and change the past.If you went into the past,you wouldn't be able to touch anything in present time then.What happens in that time period stays the same.If you go back 20 years in the past,you'll be the same from a different dimension(wormholes,I think.)
What you have to realize is that time and space do not parallel each other, the faster you travel the slower your "time" is, so a person who's doing lightspeed has time differences from a person who's walking. So, if your spaceship left at the same time as another and you traveled through a wormhole instantly to a faraway place, your unit of time is basically stopped(your physical state does not change), while the other spaceship spent 20 years traveling and 20 years of time has went by. They key word here is traveling INSTANTLY, even at lightspeed time is still constant.



It is simple, it cant happen because, the future you would have went back in time and done the same thing.


If I have the concept of wormhole right,you warping to a place,so you no time passed while your in the wormhole.
What would happen if we went past lightspead?(one last theory, this is getting illogcial for both sides.)


First off, there are many different forms of time travel that have been conceptualized (such as the branching off of other universes, and what-not) but to address the direct question of going back and cutting off someone's leg: why would their leg suddenly disappear in the "present?" It was cut off in the past. If it disappeared in the present that means it wasn't cut off in the past. On a single time line, that is.

But the whole idea of time travel has been done to death from a conceptual standpoint and a technological one. Doesn't mean it isn't possible; it just means I don't think we'll ever really know. Most things that deal with time, to me, are much more related to our thoughts of the world around us. . Even if we somehow managed to go back in time, how do we know we are still in our own time line? How do we know that the act hasn't started a new, seperate time line? Not to mention the facts of a something suddenly entering a universe.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2937372622998693399&q=time+travel&hl=en

check this video,it goes in real time,from day to night but 2x faster FF(fast foward)

If you were there,hypothetically speaking.all you do really possiably change anything,like I said.

Wormholes would put you in a different reality or dimension,then where you are now.I can't say you would see yourself,but your stuck alone with no contact at all since it's all ready happen.

well if somebody did change the time you memories about the previous version would just disappear so theres no way you could see stuff changing around you,.

there's this paradox that you travel back in time and kill your grandfather, if effect your never born, but then who traveled to kill the guy? nobody so your still have born, but then you go to kill..... you get the point. this can be explained if we assume that other coherent realities exist, meaning you can go to the past and kill your grandfather, and in that reality your never born, but when you come back, nothing has changed in your reality.

so its basically impossible to change your own history, but it might be possible to go back in time to what happened back then. hope i made atleast some sense

But then again you could be absolutely correct.

We just simply don't know.






"
Message 43 of 53 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/06/2006
Offline
3322 posts
 

Re: Time traveling.

Nov 29, 2006
I hope someday they invent time travel.
imagine the possibilities.
you could erase so many mistakes that you make in your past.
then again, they might alter the future in some way...oh well, i'll take my chances.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 44 of 53 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/02/2004
Offline
3861 posts
 

Re: Time traveling.

Nov 29, 2006


Gnar_Kill wrote:
I hope someday they invent time travel.
imagine the possibilities.
you could erase so many mistakes that you make in your past.
then again, they might alter the future in some way...oh well, i'll take my chances.



I don't think you understand though,You may be in the past of time travel,but can't physically change anything since it did happen.(lincoln shot,mlk killed ect.)

"
Message 45 of 53 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 10/24/2006
Offline
13860 posts
 

Re: Time traveling.

Nov 29, 2006


wazoo11 wrote:


77BeTa77 wrote:


wazoo11 wrote:


77BeTa77 wrote:


wazoo11 wrote:
(Your asking the wrong place,Sir.I don't this is the right place of discussion on this board.I have a site that does talk about the unknown if you want it,pm me bro.)

im studying physics and time travel dilation does occur. time in a moving frame of reference(i.e a rocket) goes slower than time in a stationary frame relative to an oberver in the stationary frame. To an observer in the moving frame(the rocket) time goes normally. For example, if one year passes in the rocket ship relative to a crewmember in the ship, more time will pass for an observer on earth (2.3 years at 0.8c). if the rocket returns to earth it will return to the earth's future.

this has been experimented before by having 2 clocks. one of the clock remained stationary while the other was placed in a plane which travelled around the world. once it returned the clock that travelled around the world was behind a second. weird eh.
Reversing the process of the whole universe ?

Unlikely... At the least...

Well,No, because we would see time travelers all over the place right now. Some claim that if you go back in time, you may go into an alternate reality, and that's why we don't see time travelers now. But think about that logic... If we go into another reality, then THOSE people are experiencing time travelers popping into their universe... why aren't we? Shouldn't people from other "realities" be coming back in time and somehow ending up in our universe? Unless you want to be arrogant and say we are the "Default" universe for lack of a better term.

Time is really just a result of perception, it doesn't exist independently
I say limited to the past because in theory the future doesn’t exist yet.
Its funny that that proves if you go forward in time then go back then go forward agene the 2nd time you go forward would be different from the first time you went.
 even if there were some way to travel back and forward through time, wouldn't the person traveling age with the time?
ex: travel backwards in time, get younger, travel forward, older




Think about it...if you went back in time and killed you mother and father,there would be no one to kill them because you don't exist,but if there not dead,there would be someone to kill them.
This could be because the past isn't your past,your in a differnt(SP?) reality.
It is practily the only way to end the paradox if you killed your elders before you were born.
But if you got younger you would not exist to kill your elders.(this paradox hurts my head)
(reason we don't see time travelers: time traveling only effects the traveler)


You cant go back in time and change the past.If you went into the past,you wouldn't be able to touch anything in present time then.What happens in that time period stays the same.If you go back 20 years in the past,you'll be the same from a different dimension(wormholes,I think.)
What you have to realize is that time and space do not parallel each other, the faster you travel the slower your "time" is, so a person who's doing lightspeed has time differences from a person who's walking. So, if your spaceship left at the same time as another and you traveled through a wormhole instantly to a faraway place, your unit of time is basically stopped(your physical state does not change), while the other spaceship spent 20 years traveling and 20 years of time has went by. They key word here is traveling INSTANTLY, even at lightspeed time is still constant.



It is simple, it cant happen because, the future you would have went back in time and done the same thing.


If I have the concept of wormhole right,you warping to a place,so you no time passed while your in the wormhole.
What would happen if we went past lightspead?(one last theory, this is getting illogcial for both sides.)


First off, there are many different forms of time travel that have been conceptualized (such as the branching off of other universes, and what-not) but to address the direct question of going back and cutting off someone's leg: why would their leg suddenly disappear in the "present?" It was cut off in the past. If it disappeared in the present that means it wasn't cut off in the past. On a single time line, that is.

But the whole idea of time travel has been done to death from a conceptual standpoint and a technological one. Doesn't mean it isn't possible; it just means I don't think we'll ever really know. Most things that deal with time, to me, are much more related to our thoughts of the world around us. . Even if we somehow managed to go back in time, how do we know we are still in our own time line? How do we know that the act hasn't started a new, seperate time line? Not to mention the facts of a something suddenly entering a universe.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2937372622998693399&q=time+travel&hl=en

check this video,it goes in real time,from day to night but 2x faster FF(fast foward)

If you were there,hypothetically speaking.all you do really possiably change anything,like I said.

Wormholes would put you in a different reality or dimension,then where you are now.I can't say you would see yourself,but your stuck alone with no contact at all since it's all ready happen.

well if somebody did change the time you memories about the previous version would just disappear so theres no way you could see stuff changing around you,.

there's this paradox that you travel back in time and kill your grandfather, if effect your never born, but then who traveled to kill the guy? nobody so your still have born, but then you go to kill..... you get the point. this can be explained if we assume that other coherent realities exist, meaning you can go to the past and kill your grandfather, and in that reality your never born, but when you come back, nothing has changed in your reality.

so its basically impossible to change your own history, but it might be possible to go back in time to what happened back then. hope i made atleast some sense

But then again you could be absolutely correct.

We just simply don't know.








The concept of time travel almost makes no sense,
I could be right,you could be,or John(i think that is his name) could be right.
No one will never know until we actually travel though time and have other people with them.
Message 46 of 53 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/14/2006
Offline
3560 posts
 

Re: Time traveling.

Nov 29, 2006
Who told you that you need a wormhole to time travel? Theoretically, if someone could go at the speed of light, they could just go to the sun and come back and they would be 8 minutes in to the future. If you wanted to go really far, you could go to the nearest star and come back millions of years into the future. Time would not go by fast when you are in the "machine" that transports you because you are going at the speed of light.
Message 47 of 53 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/02/2004
Offline
3861 posts
 

Re: Time traveling.

Nov 29, 2006


eman94 wrote:
Who told you that you need a wormhole to time travel? Theoretically, if someone could go at the speed of light, they could just go to the sun and come back and they would be 8 minutes in to the future. If you wanted to go really far, you could go to the nearest star and come back millions of years into the future. Time would not go by fast when you are in the "machine" that transports you because you are going at the speed of light.


IF you did indeed travel back in time you would alter the past resulting in a divergent future, therefore erasing the time you came from and replacing it with one different though similar reality.

Think Homer in the Simpsons.

weight>mass>reaction..its all science/physics.

"
Message 48 of 53 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2006
Offline
5565 posts
 

Re: Time traveling.

Nov 29, 2006
I know that this is kind of going to be a buzzkill since everyone is explaining in-depth theories about how it's possiblet to time travel and what the effects would be, but I don't think time traveling is even possible. Problems with alternate universes/dimensions and such don't matter because man can't travel back or forward in time. Just my opinion, didn't mean to be a buzzkill. Smiley Tongue
Message 49 of 53 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/19/2006
Offline
3587 posts
 

Re: Time traveling.

Nov 29, 2006


wazoo11 wrote:
(Your asking the wrong place,Sir.I don't this is the right place of discussion on this board.I have a site that does talk about the unknown if you want it,pm me bro.)

im studying physics and time travel dilation does occur. time in a moving frame of reference(i.e a rocket) goes slower than time in a stationary frame relative to an oberver in the stationary frame. To an observer in the moving frame(the rocket) time goes normally. For example, if one year passes in the rocket ship relative to a crewmember in the ship, more time will pass for an observer on earth (2.3 years at 0.8c). if the rocket returns to earth it will return to the earth's future.

this has been experimented before by having 2 clocks. one of the clock remained stationary while the other was placed in a plane which travelled around the world. once it returned the clock that travelled around the world was behind a second. weird eh.
Reversing the process of the whole universe ?

Unlikely... At the least...

Well,No, because we would see time travelers all over the place right now. Some claim that if you go back in time, you may go into an alternate reality, and that's why we don't see time travelers now. But think about that logic... If we go into another reality, then THOSE people are experiencing time travelers popping into their universe... why aren't we? Shouldn't people from other "realities" be coming back in time and somehow ending up in our universe? Unless you want to be arrogant and say we are the "Default" universe for lack of a better term.

Time is really just a result of perception, it doesn't exist independently
I say limited to the past because in theory the future doesn’t exist yet.
Its funny that that proves if you go forward in time then go back then go forward agene the 2nd time you go forward would be different from the first time you went.
 even if there were some way to travel back and forward through time, wouldn't the person traveling age with the time?
ex: travel backwards in time, get younger, travel forward, older




yes i wondered that there is no future yet it hasnt occured so i think that if you time tavel into the past the future woudlnt have existed then so you cant go back to the present, which is a disclaimer because it is now the future, and your stuck in the past

��� user.

Message 50 of 53 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes