Fender Bender
3861 posts

Re: Time traveling.

Nov 29, 2006

(XX44XX)GaMeR wrote:

wazoo11 wrote:
(Your asking the wrong place,Sir.I don't this is the right place of discussion on this board.I have a site that does talk about the unknown if you want it,pm me bro.)

im studying physics and time travel dilation does occur. time in a moving frame of reference(i.e a rocket) goes slower than time in a stationary frame relative to an oberver in the stationary frame. To an observer in the moving frame(the rocket) time goes normally. For example, if one year passes in the rocket ship relative to a crewmember in the ship, more time will pass for an observer on earth (2.3 years at 0.8c). if the rocket returns to earth it will return to the earth's future.

this has been experimented before by having 2 clocks. one of the clock remained stationary while the other was placed in a plane which travelled around the world. once it returned the clock that travelled around the world was behind a second. weird eh.
Reversing the process of the whole universe ?

Unlikely... At the least...

Well,No, because we would see time travelers all over the place right now. Some claim that if you go back in time, you may go into an alternate reality, and that's why we don't see time travelers now. But think about that logic... If we go into another reality, then THOSE people are experiencing time travelers popping into their universe... why aren't we? Shouldn't people from other "realities" be coming back in time and somehow ending up in our universe? Unless you want to be arrogant and say we are the "Default" universe for lack of a better term.

Time is really just a result of perception, it doesn't exist independently
I say limited to the past because in theory the future doesn’t exist yet.
Its funny that that proves if you go forward in time then go back then go forward agene the 2nd time you go forward would be different from the first time you went.
 even if there were some way to travel back and forward through time, wouldn't the person traveling age with the time?
ex: travel backwards in time, get younger, travel forward, older

yes i wondered that there is no future yet it hasnt occured so i think that if you time tavel into the past the future woudlnt have existed then so you cant go back to the present, which is a disclaimer because it is now the future, and your stuck in the past

Yes,the present of where you came from would stil exist no matter what period you are in.
Its sorta like this,take this weird theory my prof gave me last year,Let's say you went on the international time of dateline with a boat and you went counter clockwise,you'd end your dau and and re start the day,get it?

I can't prove anything,just my thoughts and theorys other have shown...ask your science teacher about it though.
"
Message 51 of 53 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3587 posts

Nov 29, 2006

wazoo11 wrote:

(XX44XX)GaMeR wrote:

wazoo11 wrote:
(Your asking the wrong place,Sir.I don't this is the right place of discussion on this board.I have a site that does talk about the unknown if you want it,pm me bro.)

im studying physics and time travel dilation does occur. time in a moving frame of reference(i.e a rocket) goes slower than time in a stationary frame relative to an oberver in the stationary frame. To an observer in the moving frame(the rocket) time goes normally. For example, if one year passes in the rocket ship relative to a crewmember in the ship, more time will pass for an observer on earth (2.3 years at 0.8c). if the rocket returns to earth it will return to the earth's future.

this has been experimented before by having 2 clocks. one of the clock remained stationary while the other was placed in a plane which travelled around the world. once it returned the clock that travelled around the world was behind a second. weird eh.
Reversing the process of the whole universe ?

Unlikely... At the least...

Well,No, because we would see time travelers all over the place right now. Some claim that if you go back in time, you may go into an alternate reality, and that's why we don't see time travelers now. But think about that logic... If we go into another reality, then THOSE people are experiencing time travelers popping into their universe... why aren't we? Shouldn't people from other "realities" be coming back in time and somehow ending up in our universe? Unless you want to be arrogant and say we are the "Default" universe for lack of a better term.

Time is really just a result of perception, it doesn't exist independently
I say limited to the past because in theory the future doesn’t exist yet.
Its funny that that proves if you go forward in time then go back then go forward agene the 2nd time you go forward would be different from the first time you went.
 even if there were some way to travel back and forward through time, wouldn't the person traveling age with the time?
ex: travel backwards in time, get younger, travel forward, older

yes i wondered that there is no future yet it hasnt occured so i think that if you time tavel into the past the future woudlnt have existed then so you cant go back to the present, which is a disclaimer because it is now the future, and your stuck in the past

Yes,the present of where you came from would stil exist no matter what period you are in.
Its sorta like this,take this weird theory my prof gave me last year,Let's say you went on the international time of dateline with a boat and you went counter clockwise,you'd end your dau and and re start the day,get it?

I can't prove anything,just my thoughts and theorys other have shown...ask your science teacher about it though.

shes a physics teacher though but ill ask her and i guess so what you mean is that as long as you came back from your present and you travel back  your present will still be there no matter what rite?

��� user.

Message 52 of 53 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
37299 posts

Nov 29, 2006

77BeTa77 wrote:
What would happen if some one time traveled?
This is the question that has been asked countless times,now, hope-fully, a  true answer has come.
Well, to time travel in the first place,one would have to rip a worm hole some-where and go faster than the speed of light.
You would end up in the past most likely,now,if you tried to kill you elders and,they did die,you would not disappear.Why?Because the "past" would not actually be your past,any-more.
If you did go to the past, you would have created another universe,one with you,one with out.
if any-one has a theory or a question,please post.

This is only one of several theories about time travel.
Message 53 of 53 (1 View)
0 Likes