VP of Gaming
31107 posts

Re: This is why you dont buy a Wii

Nov 21, 2006
Errant Wiimote claims second TV's life Wiimotes are becoming finely guided missiles, or so the internets would have us believe. The second set of destroyed TV pics comes direct from Michaela, who tells us that her seven year old girl was also playing Wii Sports bowling when her wrist strap broke as well, sending the controller rocketing toward the TV at a glass-cracking lawsuit-inducing pace. Now, we find the Wii Sports bowling thing to be an interesting coincidence, but it seems a little peculiar that a seven year old could produce enough force rolling that ball to tear her strap apart. We're not saying this is the first in what could be a long line of TV-grubbing copycats, but we think the time is officially upon Nintendo to step in before a few hundred thousand straps recalled turns into a few million -- and countless more televisions get themselves busted up royal.
Message 60 of 87 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3517 posts

Re: This is why you dont buy a Wii [IT HAPPENED AGAIN, PG. 7]

Nov 21, 2006
I still love the wii Its a sweet little thing, and I will take good care of it
Message 62 of 87 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
900 posts

Nov 21, 2006
umm....i don't know how hard these guys are throwing their arms around, but i have had no problem holding on to my Wiimote.  even when i try to fling my arms hard.
Message 63 of 87 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10886 posts

Nov 21, 2006
LMAO
It's rumored that Brick Top's favorite means of dispatch involves: a stun-gun, a plastic bag, a roll of tape, and a pack of hungry pigs- Turkish
Message 64 of 87 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12855 posts

Nov 21, 2006

i am a nutcrack wrote:
I still love the wii Its a sweet little thing, and I will take good care of it

Oh man that sounded so wrong
Message 65 of 87 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Nov 21, 2006

canadaeh wrote:
Errant Wiimote claims second TV's life Wiimotes are becoming finely guided missiles, or so the internets would have us believe. The second set of destroyed TV pics comes direct from Michaela, who tells us that her seven year old girl was also playing Wii Sports bowling when her wrist strap broke as well, sending the controller rocketing toward the TV at a glass-cracking lawsuit-inducing pace. Now, we find the Wii Sports bowling thing to be an interesting coincidence, but it seems a little peculiar that a seven year old could produce enough force rolling that ball to tear her strap apart. We're not saying this is the first in what could be a long line of TV-grubbing copycats, but we think the time is officially upon Nintendo to step in before a few hundred thousand straps recalled turns into a few million -- and countless more televisions get themselves busted up royal.

So it begins....
Message 66 of 87 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8161 posts

Nov 21, 2006
Flying rennegade wiimote dodging is the next generation of gameplay guys.  It's going to revolutionize gaming, you have no idea. Wait till a fighting game comes out that requires 2 people to punch at eachother...Imagine the possibillities.

Player one totally pwns player 2 in the face with a Wiimote...Broken nose?..who cares?  it's INNOVATIVE people!
Account Removed due to Inactivity.

Thanks for being a part of my life PSU
Message 67 of 87 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4295 posts

Nov 21, 2006
What the heck are these people doing?  Are they actually holding the controller?  It sounds like they're just letting it hang from the wrist strap. 
Message 68 of 87 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5650 posts

Nov 21, 2006
imo both these were faked.  It looks like the wire was cut. 
Last Checkpoint Gaming news and reviews! (Looking for writers PM me if interested)
Message 69 of 87 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1133 posts

Nov 21, 2006
People need to frickin know how to hold a controller.
Message 70 of 87 (1 View)
0 Likes