Keyblade Wielder
9710 posts

Re: This is why you dont buy a Wii

Nov 20, 2006

mbslrm wrote:
I couldn't agree more. And, this is coming, less than 48 hours of launch. They are alrady facing hardware issues. So much so, that they are sending out pre-paid boxes, to the masses with defective units., ahead of Microsoft, which took a year.

Whereas on the PS3, there have been no hardware issues. The only issue they have, is the backwards compatibility issue, which is currently being worked, as it is a minor software issue.

Well I still don't think there is enough to this article to decide whether or not it was a hardware. The guy said it happened under "somewhat normal circumstances." Who knows what he means by that. He might have whipped it forward very quickly (faster than is needed to play the game) and then let go of the controller, putting all the stress on the strap. And just look at the PS3 boards if you want to see what problems are happening with the PS3. There are problems with all launch consoles.
Message 40 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4783 posts

Nov 20, 2006

ShiBByLLaMa wrote:

mbslrm wrote:
I couldn't agree more. And, this is coming, less than 48 hours of launch. They are alrady facing hardware issues. So much so, that they are sending out pre-paid boxes, to the masses with defective units., ahead of Microsoft, which took a year.

Whereas on the PS3, there have been no hardware issues. The only issue they have, is the backwards compatibility issue, which is currently being worked, as it is a minor software issue.

Well I still don't think there is enough to this article to decide whether or not it was a hardware. The guy said it happened under "somewhat normal circumstances." Who knows what he means by that. He might have whipped it forward very quickly (faster than is needed to play the game) and then let go of the controller, putting all the stress on the strap. And just look at the PS3 boards if you want to see what problems are happening with the PS3. There are problems with all launch consoles.

I was referring to this.
Message 41 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9710 posts

Nov 20, 2006

mbslrm wrote:

ShiBByLLaMa wrote:

mbslrm wrote:

I was referring to this.

Yeah I heard about that. Apparently some early production models didn't come with the latest firmware and require a disc with the updates on it. I don't know how these consoles got out without the necessary updates, but I guess they're taking care of it.
Message 42 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13470 posts

Nov 20, 2006
This thread should be labled, " This is why you don't let an idiot use a Wii". I played the Wii non-stop yesterday with my friend and I don't think it is possible to break that...unless you're an idiot.

Message 43 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2805 posts

Nov 20, 2006
That's clearly fake...  The guy just wants attention...  And money from Nintendo, which is gonna be funny because he's gonna lose money...

Obama 2008
We Need Change
Message 44 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3986 posts

Nov 20, 2006
thats a stupid reason to not get it...i mean its called holding onto the controller...why would you swing your arm so fast that it slips right out of your hand?....and moving your arm that fast probably wouldnt make the strap break....
GRAW
Message 45 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7698 posts

Nov 20, 2006
Ha, that's why I don't want a wii.
Message 46 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9787 posts

Nov 20, 2006
lol
Message 47 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1757 posts

Re: This is why you dont let tards play with your Wii.

Nov 20, 2006

Dude Jericho wrote:

the katamari king wrote:
Yeah, that looks like they cut the strap, because I couldn't imagine the strap just breaking like it shows.

Totally, the cut looks pretty clean...

Yep...And that made me come up with a new message subjectt...^^^^^^^
my wii friend code: ADD ME! 5992 2332 9248 8590
Then shoot me a PM so I can add You..Smiley Happy
Message 48 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7280 posts

Nov 20, 2006
I have a DEAD monitor right next to me, the WHOLE LCD IS CRACKED!!!
Signature removed by Admin due to advertising of a commercial nature.
Message 49 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes