Survivor
2616 posts

Re: This is why you dont buy a Wii

Nov 20, 2006

Darkhunter139 wrote:
Haha owned !

LOL, so tru, i see injuries in the future of spectators watching the player play (espicially during the sweeping movements needed for sword fighting).

plenty o' nad shots and hitting the person behind you scheduled for the future.

Message 20 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11979 posts

Nov 20, 2006
Haha wow. That's hilarious.

Message 21 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6938 posts

Nov 20, 2006

KaMeLeOn_ wrote:
Lol

canadaeh wrote:
Wiimote strap breaks, controller destroys TV

So there's this dude who was playing Wii Sports bowling, as his story goes, and his pal rolls a Lebowski and the next thing you know the strap breaks from the force of the swing; his slippery hands let loose, and the Wiimote flies like a missile and cracks his pal's TV. Believe it or not, having played Wii Sports bowling, this is totally something we can imagine. But you can take one of two positions here: 1) dude or his friend weren't using the wrist strap, as is recommended before every game starts, and the controller flew out of his hands and smashed the set; dude(s) cut the strap and put it on display for internet pity points (and possibly a new TV courtesy of an anxious Nintendo). Or 2) somehow the Wiimote strap -- which, for the record, we think feels sturdy enough -- does break mid-game and this guy really is out a 60-inch TV thanks to Nintendo's fabric engineering team. But we know one thing for sure, that's a helluva crack and something tells us it won't be the last.

lol
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15009 posts

Nov 20, 2006
It begins. lol.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 23 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8027 posts

Nov 20, 2006
Just one more reason why I think the Wii is a joke...you have to actually use a "strap" around your wrist just to prevent it from accidentally slipping out of your hand. How lame.

Message Edited by The Jolly Roger on 11-20-2006 12:05 PM

Message 24 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9710 posts

Nov 20, 2006

The Jolly Roger wrote:
Just one more reason why I think the Wii is a joke...you have to actually use a "strap" around your wrist just to prevent it from accidentally slipping out of your hand. How lame.

Message Edited by The Jolly Roger on 11-20-2006 12:05 PM

I hate these threads because people ALWAYS over-exaggerate things like this. Go to wii.com and watch the videos of people playing Wii Sports: Bowling and you'll see that you obviously don't have to swing it so hard that the strap will break. And if you have any sort of coordination, you don't need the strap to keep the wiimote from slipping. It hangs slack most of the time. It's back-up that serves a "just in case" purpose. The guy said it broke under "somewhat normal circumstances." Who knows what that means. He said his pal got a little carried away.
Message 25 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5282 posts

Nov 20, 2006
i dotn see how that would break liek that natrually they had to cut it i mean he must have had a forcefull bowling throw loll. but that wont happen to much as along as the strap is on and even if that isnt on just hold it tight and stand a decent distance away is there a rang of soem sort on the wi mote
Message 26 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16834 posts

Nov 20, 2006
eh, looks fake to me...

Message 27 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5282 posts

Nov 20, 2006
well at least wii dosent have tech problems just users with slippery hands
Message 28 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4534 posts

Nov 20, 2006
They totally cut that cord.

Well, at least we know that the Wii-mote is built sturdy. :smileytongue:

Besides...who in their right mind would use such force? It only requires some wrist motion, you don't have to chuck the Wii-mote at the tv like a madman.
OTR
Message 29 of 87 (0 Views)
0 Likes