Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 15 2013
By: Jackatron Wastelander 677 posts

Thinking of quitting...

[ Edited ]
15 replies 206 views Edited Sep 15, 2013

Been a gamer since I was a child but it seems as though its time to move on.

My efforts were in vain trying to live a dream I had but it didn't come true, I wanted to be a PS MVP but it takes more than just playing games all your life.

I tried to be the most I can be, it didn't happened on what I wanted to expect. Giving up is not what anyone should do but if its not meant to be then it wasn't meant to be :smileysad:

Never had a problem like this till now, unless convinced otherwise to stay a PlayStation gamer forever...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3148 posts

Re: Thinking of quitting...

Sep 15, 2013

No need to quit playing the games you enjoy just because you couldn't get MVP, you enjoyed games long before you knew that existed and you can continue to enjoy them still. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (198 Views)
Fender Bender
3801 posts

Re: Thinking of quiting...

Sep 15, 2013

I will admit I am a bit pessismictic about the gaming industry in the future. Part of me feels that when it comes to AAA games, innovation will be discouraged. Im also a bit concerned about prices. Let's just say that if prices go up, it may come to a point where i may no longer but games and just play my old stuff. But as of now, I am very excited and still giving this a chance. Hopefully with the ps4, we get more choices and unique storylines. 

KZMProductionsGT
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Re: Thinking of quiting...

Sep 15, 2013

The future of gaming IS going downhill, what with the oh so bad and completely unnecessary all digital future. We gamers want physical games we can store on ten or twenty bookshelves (that is my goal!), not downloadable games that require great internet speeds when most folks don't have that. But that is my opinion. I think Playstation is still the best console (I am not a Sony fanboy, or any console fanboy, I love all consoles), but if all future games (like in 5 years or so) become digital only, I too will give up gaming (other than what I already have). Of course my reason for giving up gaming in the future differs from the OP's but still same category so I don't think I derailed this topic.

photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (170 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28435 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Jackatron wrote:

My efforts were in vain trying to live a dream I had but it didn't come true, I wanted to be a PS MVP but it takes more than just playing games all your life.

I tried to be the most I can be, it didn't happened on what I wanted to expect. Giving up is not what anyone should do but if its not meant to be then it wasn't meant to be :smileysad:

Never had a problem like this till now, unless convinced otherwise to stay a PlayStation gamer forever...

This is starting to become a habit lol, but I find myself once again agreeing with Ikit-Klaw above!

There seems to me to be more to this than just not getting the opportunity to be an MVP, when did you apply anyway, how do you know that you won't be asked to join the program when next they are taking on new people?

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (165 Views)
Fender Bender
4328 posts

Sep 15, 2013
Hey, I haven't played a game on my Playstation 3 since July and I still consider myself a gamer.

Driving.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (161 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4491 posts

Sep 15, 2013

The-influence-of-video-games-in-the-human-brain-Infographic.jpg

GarnerITConsulting_PanamaCity_Florida_EffectsofVideoGamingontheBrain.png

I slowed it down a bit. The games make you tired. I wake up the next day a bit tired from playing. It drains your brain chemicals etc. Its like being in a fog for a few hours the next morning after heavy gameing. One of my sisters kids started sleep walking and had to stop her from gameing so much. In a week she stopped sleepwalking. I don't think the human mind was ment for such things. It must over run your brain a bit . Now I feel better that I cut back a bit..so dont quit just slow down a bit. Alot of gameing can make you depressed..

sony playstation gif photo: Playstation. tumblr_m1ilz5Zv2H1qk2rgdo1_500_large.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1288 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Jackatron wrote:

If the reason you are thinking of quitting is just because you didn't get to be a "PS MVP" then QUIT and be done with it.

Really I don't see what the big deal is about being an MVP other than you get to have private meetings and find out stuff before the regulars, and the opportunity to go to the live E3 event, whoopee.

You can enjoy PShome and games and still try to help people by having a positive attitude, all without having the label MVP on your name.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (130 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28435 posts

Sep 15, 2013

PYAWAKITT wrote:

Jackatron wrote:

If the reason you are thinking of quitting is just because you didn't get to be a "PS MVP" then QUIT and be done with it.

Really I don't see what the big deal is about being an MVP other than you get to have private meetings and find out stuff before the regulars, and the opportunity to go to the live E3 event, whoopee.

You can enjoy PShome and games and still try to help people by having a positive attitude, all without having the label MVP on your name.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment there is much more to being an MVP than the things you posted, also are you trying to tell me that most people here wouldn't have gone to E3 if they had the opportunity?

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (118 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10874 posts

Sep 15, 2013

As long as there is alluring gaming software around, your reason for giving up on gaming sounds trivial at best. If there truly are no video games that you wish to play any longer, whether in the near future or later than that then I could understand where you're coming from.

While the PlayStation 4 and most other current-gen hardware doesn't look all that attractive as far as the games these platforms provides goes, there may come a time when a game will really grab you and make you want to buy it. Will you really put all that aside for reasons other than whether developers are able to keep you enjoying your gaming time?

Don't you want to develop a relationship with the bird creature in The Last Guardian? Don't you want to find out who Jodie Holmes is and why there's a ghost on her back? Don't you want to traverse between the walls and worlds in The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds? There are still enticing games on their way. Don't give up: give in! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (102 Views)