Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Re: Thinking of quitting...

Sep 15, 2013

You don't need to be a poilce officer to be a law abiding citizen who wants to keep other people safe.   You don't need to be a judge in order to offer valid advice and help people settle disputes...  and you don't need to be a psychologist in order to be a good friend and listen to them when they need it, and help them through rough times...

So why should you need a title on these forums in order to enjoy gaming?  You've been here since 2008, so you have the potential to have made a name for yourself, and after a while of being on the forums, people will start recognizing you, and will appreciate your views on various topics.  I would hope that there's people who recognize me, because there's a humongous amount of people I'd recognize here, only a couple of which are MVP's ... actually thanks to my nearly 5-year "mostly" hiatus here, I would probably recognize barely any of the MVP's anymore.

If E3 is seriously your motivation here, then you'll need to make gaming your job.  Something even like writing reviews for a website, or as in-depth as actually working on the games themselves.  There's plenty of options IMO to be able to go to E3, you've just got to ask yourself what you feel like doing with your career, and if a game career would suit you properly.  You'd probably also be told by the PS MVPs that being an MVP would kinda be like a job in itself, with the amount of time and dedication it takes.  But I don't want to put words into their mouths, as my words tend to be oversalted and undercooked.

Message 11 of 16 (165 Views)
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Sep 15, 2013

I don't want this to sound harsh or cold, as I am no troll, but you REALLY need to set your sights higher.  You seem down in the dumps, almost emo, about not being able to become a playstation MVP.  Seriously?  If not obtaining MVP is the worst thing that happens to you, you are doing pretty good.

And why would this require you to quit gaming?  I don't get it.

But maybe you do need to move on, find another hobby, paintball, golf, beer pong, learn the guitar, anything.  Just don't give up on it as easily and in such a manor as you did with gaming.

doc shady signature
Message 12 of 16 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Sep 15, 2013

After reading all of your comments and thinking about all of you guys comment on this.  It really is nice to have a positive outlook on weather do other things or look at it as a job perspective view. Yes for a long time I do play games and when I play them I try to understand the game from and out and make a review about it.

At first I thought to be a MVP is how many years you stayed with PlayStation and post info but I was wrong. I applied to be the mvp months back I can't remember when and what date but I gave it a shot, waited patiently and didn't get nothing after. I don't just sit at home everyday and play video games I have other hobbies in life and do other activities along the way.

It is true on some say to have positive mind and take a break once in a while I follow that all to well. As I mentioned I was just thinking about quitting but unless convinced otherwise meaning if anything you say that I don't know or see it in a different point of view that can convince me then  the help is what I needed. Yes my interests has been to be in E3 because making news, insights, reviews and game-play about the features of the console and game. Ive been trying to learn and find ways to end up at E3 to be a reporter or get involved in anything related to what that is.

I know it seems like I'm in doubt at the moment but I still have a long way to go and much to learn, I had to say what I feel and get some positive feed back from you guys that know better than I. I admit I think I kind of over exaggerated a bit when I'm thinking of quitting gaming, could of said it in a more differently. Like Ive said I never had a problem like this till today just a brief moment.

Message 13 of 16 (147 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12461 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2013

You don’t need to "quit" whatever it is that you want to quit (being a gamer?) just because a few things didn’t turn out the way you wanted them to turn out. You don’t need to become a PlayStation MVP in order to get the most out of the video games that you play on a regular basis and you don’t need to become a PlayStation MVP in order to effectively interact with the PlayStation Community and/or enjoy SCE’s products and services.

Jackatron wrote:

After reading all of your comments and thinking about all of you guys comment on this.  It really is nice to have a positive outlook on weather do other things or look at it as a job perspective view. Yes for a long time I do play games and when I play them I try to understand the game from and out and make a review about it.

At first I thought to be a MVP is how many years you stayed with PlayStation and post info but I was wrong. I applied to be the mvp months back I can't remember when and what date but I gave it a shot, waited patiently and didn't get nothing after. I don't just sit at home everyday and play video games I have other hobbies in life and do other activities along the way.

It is true on some say to have positive mind and take a break once in a while I follow that all to well. As I mentioned I was just thinking about quitting but unless convinced otherwise meaning if anything you say that I don't know or see it in a different point of view that can convince me then  the help is what I needed. Yes my interests has been to be in E3 because making news, insights, reviews and game-play about the features of the console and game. Ive been trying to learn and find ways to end up at E3 to be a reporter or get involved in anything related to what that is.

I know it seems like I'm in doubt at the moment but I still have a long way to go and much to learn, I had to say what I feel and get some positive feed back from you guys that know better than I. I admit I think I kind of over exaggerated a bit when I'm thinking of quitting gaming, could of said it in a more differently. Like Ive said I never had a problem like this till today just a brief moment.

If that is where your interests lie then I think it would be a good idea for you to create a YouTube Channel (if you haven't already done so) where you can share your thoughts and opinions about video games with the entire world. Many individuals post videos to YouTube that discuss aspects of the video game industry whether that includes news, gameplay, commentaries, or reviews. It could be a place for you to start (if you were interested).

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 14 of 16 (122 Views)
Platinum
54771 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Don't quit gaming just because you didn't get into the MVP program at the moment Jack.  I'd miss your random appearances during SH Wednesdays (noticed you weren't there for a few weeks now though).   

Chin up buddy, your still cool in my book red name or not!  

Message 15 of 16 (109 Views)
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

Lol

Being an MvP has little to do with games. Its almost completely consumed with forum contributions or spending an unhealthy amount of time in HOME.

Sure there's a few gaming events, but overall.... I don't see the correlation.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 16 of 16 (104 Views)
0 Likes