Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/23/2007
Offline
1312 posts
 

Re: Thinking about trading in my 360 for a PS3.

Apr 19, 2007
 


fudge101man wrote:

Could you explain why he should get a PS3, what advantages it has over the 360, and why it'll be a good investment? And yes, it does roughly have ~20 games.



Well i want to say that i dont actually have anything against the XBOX360.
 
He should buy a PS3 because SONY consoles have sold way more consoles then Microsoft which in my opinion means that Sony consoles are better.
And the PS3 will be alot more powerful and have better graphics. And more games.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


,




png">




Message 61 of 123 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 03/12/2005
Offline
11225 posts
 

Re: Thinking about trading in my 360 for a PS3.

Apr 19, 2007


Trance__Kuja wrote:


who8myrice wrote:

 then, assuming he has a PS2, he wouldn't need a PS3 right now, would he? I mean if all the games are PS1/2 games.


PS1 games or PS2 games it DOES NOT MATTER. there playstation games.
 
And a PS3 is a playstation so PS1 and PS2 games count and thats it.


It does matter. If he just buys the system just to play older games, whats the point? Yes, people play old games on the newer systems, but the main reason they buy it is for the NEW content. If he has a PS2, he does not need to buy a PS3, seeing as the older games are all already playable on PS2, right?

Anyway, backward compatability is not a reason to buy a PS3. If you really want to, I say go for it, but I still stand by my suggestion of waiting for the bigger games.
Message 62 of 123 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 10/26/2006
Offline
14001 posts
 

Re: Thinking about trading in my 360 for a PS3.

Apr 19, 2007


Trance__Kuja wrote:
 


fudge101man wrote:

Could you explain why he should get a PS3, what advantages it has over the 360, and why it'll be a good investment? And yes, it does roughly have ~20 games.



Well i want to say that i dont actually have anything against the XBOX360.
 
He should buy a PS3 because SONY consoles have sold way more consoles then Microsoft which in my opinion means that Sony consoles are better.
And the PS3 will be alot more powerful and have better graphics. And more games.


fixed
Message 63 of 123 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/23/2007
Offline
1312 posts
 

Re: Thinking about trading in my 360 for a PS3.

Apr 19, 2007


who8myrice wrote:

It does matter. If he just buys the system just to play older games, whats the point? Yes, people play old games on the newer systems, but the main reason they buy it is for the NEW content. If he has a PS2, he does not need to buy a PS3, seeing as the older games are all already playable on PS2, right?

Anyway, backward compatability is not a reason to buy a PS3. If you really want to, I say go for it, but I still stand by my suggestion of waiting for the bigger games.



I never actually said buy a PS3 and play old games.
I was trying to say that Sony has more games then Microsoft.
 


Message Edited by Trance__Kuja on 04-18-2007 08:19 PM
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


,




png">




Message 64 of 123 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 07/08/2005
Offline
12687 posts
 

Re: Thinking about trading in my 360 for a PS3.

Apr 19, 2007


RedDragoon wrote:
 Now I am not going to keep switching back and forth like some people do So don't flame me

I am just fed up with my 360 working sometimes, and other times not working. So I am thinking about trading it in for a PS3. How would I go about this?

I have:

  • A high end 360
  • 2 Wireless Controllers
  • 1 Wired Controller
  • Oblivion
  • Lord of the Rings battle for middle earth II
  • Gears of War
  • Fight Night

How much would all that get me?


ouch you got me there

In canadian dollars, that would get you about $530


The master of trad-ins has spoken.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 65 of 123 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/01/2005
Offline
8944 posts
 

Re: Thinking about trading in my 360 for a PS3.

Apr 19, 2007
We all need to notice that the ps3 hasn't been out for more than 6 months. You really need to wait longer than that to see a potential of a new console. All of you should give the ps3 the same time as the xbox 360 had.


Message Edited by Merc89 on 04-18-2007 10:21 PM
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 66 of 123 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/05/2006
Offline
5437 posts
 

Re: Thinking about trading in my 360 for a PS3.

Apr 19, 2007


Merc89 wrote:


Stinky89 wrote:


Trance__Kuja wrote:


Merc89 wrote:

Library....LIBRARY!!! Are you fricken kidding me? The Playstation 3 inherits the majority of games made for the PS1 and PS2. Can you say none of those games stand out?

YES absolutely correct the PS3  has like a BILLION games.


No more than any other console.


How can you support that? The ps3 supports the majority of ps1 and ps2 games.


I was referring to PlayStation 3 games, just like when I say the 360 has a lot of good games I mean 360 games. Let me know when you drop $600 on a PlayStation 3 to play old games.
Message 67 of 123 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/08/2005
Offline
9425 posts
 

Re: Thinking about trading in my 360 for a PS3.

Apr 19, 2007
You're going to regret it. The 360 is better in every aspect of gaming. Online play, selection of games, community, graphics, etc
Message 68 of 123 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/01/2005
Offline
8944 posts
 

Re: Thinking about trading in my 360 for a PS3.

Apr 19, 2007


nick_da_foo wrote:


Trance__Kuja wrote:
 


fudge101man wrote:

Could you explain why he should get a PS3, what advantages it has over the 360, and why it'll be a good investment? And yes, it does roughly have ~20 games.



Well i want to say that i dont actually have anything against the XBOX360.
 
He should buy a PS3 because SONY consoles have sold way more consoles then Microsoft which in my opinion means that Sony consoles are better.
And the PS3 will be alot more powerful and have better graphics. And more games.


fixed



you shouldn't really fix something when you don't know nothing about it. It is his opinion, those two things you crossed are variables but we need to wait a little longer to see which is better graphics and which has more games. The more games part depends on the "fan base"
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 69 of 123 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 10/26/2006
Offline
14001 posts
 

Re: Thinking about trading in my 360 for a PS3.

Apr 19, 2007


MacUsr wrote:
You're going to regret it. The 360 is better in every aspect of gaming. Online play, selection of games, community, graphics, etc



i cant disagree with you on that one
Message 70 of 123 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes