Mar 27 2007
By: Al2x Ghost of Sparta 14655 posts

Thinking about buying my cousin's 360 QUESTIONS!

5 replies 9 views Edited Mar 27, 2007
Hey guys, my cousin is selling his 360 and I'm gonna give him $200 for it, and a controller. QUESTIONS:

• It's got no warrenty with it, none from Microsoft nor a retail store, how do I get one once I buy it?
  • Is that a good price to pay? I may or may not take the games...
  • If I get a wireless controller, how do I charge the battery pack?
  • Is there any place I can get a 360 lower than this (besides from auction sites like eBay, Craiglists, etc.)
  • I'm selling my DS lite for about $150, is that a good price to sell it for (w/new Mario bros., Mario kart and MP Hunters)?

I really need help on that warrenty part, because even though I keep my consoles in MINT condition (I still have a phat PS2 that works absolutely flawlessly from '00) I hear the 360s have the tendency to break down on their own.

Thanks guys! Please answer the Q's in the fullest possible way.

Message 1 of 6 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14655 posts

Re: Thinking about buying my cousin's 360 QUESTIONS!

Mar 27, 2007
Come on guys Im desperate for answers

Message 2 of 6 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2474 posts

Mar 27, 2007

Al2x wrote:
Hey guys, my cousin is selling his 360 and I'm gonna give him $200 for it, and a controller. QUESTIONS:

• It's got no warrenty with it, none from Microsoft nor a retail store, how do I get one once I buy it?
  • Is there any place I can get a 360 lower than this (besides from auction sites like eBay, Craiglists, etc.)
  • I'm selling my DS lite for about $150, is that a good price to sell it for (w/new Mario bros., Mario kart and MP Hunters)?

I really need help on that warrenty part, because even though I keep my consoles in MINT condition (I still have a phat PS2 that works absolutely flawlessly from '00) I hear the 360s have the tendency to break down on their own.

Its a good deal and the cheapest you will probably find...cheapest Ive ever seen.  For the battery you can use 2 double AA batteries or buy a play and charge kit for $20 and just plug it into the console to recharge it.  As for the warranty I have no idea what you can do.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 6 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42170 posts

Mar 27, 2007

Al2x wrote:

- If it has a serial number, if something goes wrong and you call MS to give them the number, they should be able to check the Manufacturing Date on it and see if it's within a Year of the Warranty
- Premium or Core?
- Buy a Play & Charge Kit or Quick Charge Kit
- Not that I know of...

Message 4 of 6 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14655 posts

Re: Re: Thinking about buying my cousin's 360 QUESTIONS!

Mar 27, 2007
Zaku, the Microsoft warrenty is over already. As for the system, its a premium xbox, but hes not giving me extras, so it doesnt matter.

Message 5 of 6 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42170 posts

Re: Re: Thinking about buying my cousin's 360 QUESTIONS!

Mar 27, 2007

Al2x wrote:
Zaku, the Microsoft warrenty is over already. As for the system, its a premium xbox, but hes not giving me extras, so it doesnt matter.

So it's out of warranty and it lacks any bells or whistles?  Warranty aside, that's a gamble but the money ($100) that would have gone to purchase a Core can get you a headset and anything else you need so yeah, it's pretty cheap at that point.  And by 'extras', is the HDD included or excluded since it's a premium?

Message 6 of 6 (9 Views)
0 Likes