Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Re: The worst job(s) imaginable?

Apr 18, 2013

Stage_Coach wrote:

Air traffic controller. I hear it is one of the most stressful and rigorous desk jobs you could ever do. I remember seeing a documentary about it somewhere...

I got the chance to go into Miami International Airport Traffic tower one day with my dad as he was installing custom blinds up there...

I asked about a million questions up there.... 

You would be surprised how quite it is up there. When I went it was about 8 people working that shift... Tracking hundreds of planes (I would assume by the Dots on the radar.)

Message 31 of 57 (102 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4703 posts

Apr 18, 2013

THere are a ton more terrible jobs than what I'll mention, but I personally couldn't handle jobs that require me to go into small spaces, like underground pipes, or under houses.  I'd also hate to have to repair bridges or towers. NO THANKS!

asfg

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 32 of 57 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10008 posts

Apr 18, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

no one has mentioned Crime Scene Cleanup?

ive seen shows about it, theres not a sum of money in the world i would take to do some of the things they do.

the dude who blew his brains out with a shotgun in his home and wasnt found for 2 weeks? yeah, that aint gonna clean itself up.  :x

that just sounds disgusting i couldnt imagine having to clean that up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 33 of 57 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10008 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

THere are a ton more terrible jobs than what I'll mention, but I personally couldn't handle jobs that require me to go into small spaces, like underground pipes, or under houses.  I'd also hate to have to repair bridges or towers. NO THANKS!

asfg

the one hanging on the bridge looks pretty cool can you imgaine the view from up there it must be beautiful

Message 34 of 57 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Face of the WWE
2004 posts

Apr 18, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

These are not the worst jobs imaginable.

Your sig. sucks and boxxy sucks.

One Time and current reigning "Face of WWE" Champion
Message 35 of 57 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10008 posts

Apr 18, 2013

sertyla wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

These are not the worst jobs imaginable.

Your sig. sucks and boxxy sucks.

whoa why the hostility

Message 36 of 57 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Face of the WWE
2004 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Its boxxy. The worst thing to come to the internet.

One Time and current reigning "Face of WWE" Champion
Message 37 of 57 (85 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4703 posts

Apr 18, 2013

sertyla wrote:

I'd argue that being Catie/Boxxy would not be the worst job imaginable.  But I can respect Boxxy hate, even though I don't share it. Girlie was just trying to chop it up with her Gaia homies and got sucked into a /b whirlwind, and she rolled with it.  Quite well I'd argue. I'd like to hope that I'd deal with random instant fame as well as she did.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 38 of 57 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Apr 18, 2013

As an aside to the OP's post, I can imagine some people would hate being a driver, but that one just in general isn't too bad, especially if you aren't required to listen to your passengers and interact with them (or if you have no passengers at all).  On that note, I'd love to drive cargo around.  Anyway, I can only go from experience, and one of the worst, soul crushing jobs I had was working as a telemarketer, my call shift was during dinnertime and evening hours, asking for donations of all things, I wasn't even selling a product.  The amount of anger and frustration I dealt with on a daily basis made me literally hate life.  It wasn't just that either, the main people who actually donated to me were old people, who could only spare like $5 bucks because they were on a pension and that just made me feel guilty in my mind because what if they didn't have that much money and I was like taking 5 bucks from their grocery fund or something?  I hated myself for 4 hours a day 5 days a week.  I worked that job for 1 month before they fired me for lack of donations, and it was the longest month of my life.  When my boss fired me, he gave me a dirty look as I left because I had the biggest smile on my face.  It's still the only job I have gotten fired from in my 8 plus years in the working world.

Never, ever, take a job in telemarketing.

Message 39 of 57 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17205 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

sertyla wrote:

I'd argue that being Catie/Boxxy would not be the worst job imaginable.  But I can respect Boxxy hate, even though I don't share it. Girlie was just trying to chop it up with her Gaia homies and got sucked into a /b whirlwind, and she rolled with it.  Quite well I'd argue. I'd like to hope that I'd deal with random instant fame as well as she did.

She is good looking enough that eny teenage boy would want to go out with her.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 40 of 57 (67 Views)
0 Likes