Apr 27, 2013

lmao rofl

Message 4 of 9 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37303 posts

Re: The war's on!

Apr 28, 2013

This thread sucks.  I hereby hijack this thread in the name of the Queen.

New topic:

What are your thoughts on Great Britain using hydraulic fracturing to produce more natural gas, toward the goal of energy independence?

I personally think it's great.  Between 2007 and 2011, the USA was able to increase its natural gas production using hydraulic fracturing (or "fracking" - yes that's the real word) and also reduce its CO2 output by 12%.  All the while lowering the cost of energy and needing to import less from foreign sources.  There's no reason why Britain can't do the same.

a. CO2 reduction isn't a particularly high concern for me, but it does burn clean.  If used to replace coal power, there are real tangible benefits from reducing the smog.

b. Decreasing foreign imports means they have less control over domestic decisions.

c. Lowered cost of energy directly translates into increased productivity.  This means jobs and money.

All in all, I think it's a wonderful idea.  Let's get to it!

Message 5 of 9 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Apr 28, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

New topic:

What are your thoughts on Great Britain using hydraulic fracturing to produce more natural gas, toward the goal of energy independence?

I personally think it's great.  Between 2007 and 2011, the USA was able to increase its natural gas production using hydraulic fracturing (or "fracking" - yes that's the real word) and also reduce its CO2 output by 12%.  All the while lowering the cost of energy and needing to import less from foreign sources.  There's no reason why Britain can't do the same.

a. CO2 reduction isn't a particularly high concern for me, but it does burn clean.  If used to replace coal power, there are real tangible benefits from reducing the smog.

b. Decreasing foreign imports means they have less control over domestic decisions.

c. Lowered cost of energy directly translates into increased productivity.  This means jobs and money.

if the Britian gov have money to keep on using it, sure, why not, make the air fresher, and make my upcoming trip to london more enjoyable Smiley Happy 

Message 6 of 9 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Is this blacklisting? Mods!
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 7 of 9 (83 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9850 posts

Apr 28, 2013

what-season-is-it.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 8 of 9 (75 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Apr 28, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

New topic:

something very ironic about a ex forum mod doing something i was banned for back in their modding era. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 9 (69 Views)
0 Likes