Highlighted
Mar 28 2011
By: HorizonShadow Treasure Hunter 5506 posts

The original Playstation forums!

7 replies 7 views Edited Mar 28, 2011

I figure some people here would find this interesting.

..Due to the trouble I have navigating this site, this was the best looking place to post this, so move it if it's not.

http://web.archive.org/web/20021015152813/boardsus.playstation.com/playstation

This is the boardsus.playstation.com site in 2002.

I thought it was kinda neat to see the difference between now and then.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Re: The original Playstation forums!

Mar 28, 2011

My computer won't show me the image... Oh well. I think I've seen some images of it before, and they were some of the best looking forums I've ever seen... Or maybe I'm thinking of the how they were around 08, 09 (they were kind of similar, right?). I don't know, but whatever, if Sony would make these forums look as close to the older versions as possible (using Jive of course), this place might become active again.

lensflare15 Trophy Card
Message 2 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Mar 29, 2011

lensflare15 wrote:

My computer won't show me the image... Oh well. I think I've seen some images of it before, and they were some of the best looking forums I've ever seen... Or maybe I'm thinking of the how they were around 08, 09 (they were kind of similar, right?). I don't know, but whatever, if Sony would make these forums look as close to the older versions as possible (using Jive of course), this place might become active again.

lensflare15 Trophy Card

This was the most visited forum for me before the change. Now I barely come in because of how much they changed the navigation. Was it really necessary?

Message 3 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2533 posts

Mar 29, 2011

after 2 updates and lots of $$$$, sony is not going back. this board used to have thousands of active posters.. it now averages around 400 on a daily basis.

Message 4 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2612 posts

Mar 29, 2011

I agree they ruined this forum it used to be so much easier to navigate on here back when it was black and red with colored names. I used to be on here all the time and my post count has barely moved since they changed this site. I actually just clicked on here today to see how it is and I dont like it wish they would change it back to something similar like the old forum.Whoever is in charge change it backkk everyone left because of this change

Message 5 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
981 posts

Mar 30, 2011

yeah they need to change it back definitely.... this place used to be so much fun, now it's just a melting pot for immature kids yelling at each other all day long....

PLUS: I can't even log in here using my PS3 (kinda dumb, since it's a forum partly for this console...), or my iPhone (which would be nice so I can come here when I am not on my computer)...

then again, I don't think the first priority of these forums is the user-friendliness, anymore...

BF3 Stats
Message 6 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3986 posts

Mar 30, 2011

The forums were at it's best before they got rid of the PlayStation®Underground in December of 2008. It all started going downhill from there.

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20080409104528/http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/

Message 7 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
981 posts

Mar 30, 2011

HorizonShadow schrieb:

I figure some people here would find this interesting.

..Due to the trouble I have navigating this site, this was the best looking place to post this, so move it if it's not.

http://web.archive.org/web/20021015152813/boardsus.playstation.com/playstation

This is the boardsus.playstation.com site in 2002.

I thought it was kinda neat to see the difference between now and then.

Photobucket

yeah that's exactly what they need to bring back. that style was the best imo

BF3 Stats
Message 8 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes