Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: The fading light that is Call of Duty

Jul 1, 2014

Talented-Taco wrote:

[[...]

Also sorta surprised Miley sold more then Metallica. I'm into that old school stuff or anything, but I still find it surprising.

Not really, when you think about it, Metallica was pre-digital age. You had to physically go buy tapes and records for sales to count. Even when the band's popularity was at its greeatest in the early 90s there was still no way to digitially purchase things from bands.

Now the market is saturated with digital merchandise. 

Anyway, as far as BF vs CoD goes. It comes down to preference, however, the game breaking nature of the production value (or lack there of) for CoD has never made me want to play another one.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 21 of 29 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2014

Alright, that actually makes sense about Metallica and what not. I understand that.

We have came to the conclusion though that Battlefield will never beat Call of Duty.

Call of Duty                            Battlefield

Battlefield                           Call of Duty

My original sentence is right. I am so confused. 

Spoiler
in sales ...

Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 29 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jul 1, 2014

Talented-Taco wrote:

Alright, that actually makes sense about Metallica and what not. I understand that.

We have came to the conclusion though that Battlefield will never beat Call of Duty.

Spoiler
in sales ...

Smiley Wink

In sales? Probably not. CoD has such a wide spread market saturation, even people that know nothing about games know Call of Duty.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 23 of 29 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2014

That is what I get for trying to be a smartass. I fixed my other post. I did mean to say Battlefield will never be able to beat Call of Duty in sales.

I actually had to edit this post for the exact same mistake.

I deserve all of this. Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 29 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Jul 1, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

Final Fantasy died after 12. 

I know how you feel.  

meanwhile in FF14...

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 25 of 29 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Jul 1, 2014
I'm just waiting I suppose. I want to see what will overtake the Call of Duty franchise. It's an eventuality of the industry, something will always take that mantle...I'm just hoping it is sooner rather than later.
Message 26 of 29 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13545 posts

Jul 2, 2014

tvViSt3Dgc wrote:
I have gotten to the point where no matter what they change or add to their formula, Call of Duty has become nothing more than a sinking ship to me.

I know that many people will continue to buy and play Call of Duty but it's entertainment value has been steadily declining for me. Calling in kill streaks and such does not have the same feeling it did when I was playing Modern Warfare 2 and other earlier entries in the series.

Perhaps it's unavoidable, fading interest with a long running series which struggles to innovate (with great strides) and focuses more on tweaking an existing engine. I suppose I just hunger for something more.

Looking back, I thank Call of Duty for the fun and memories it has given me...but it is time to move on. I know I'm not alone in this mindset, and I hope to find something else to pull me in and hold my attention. It's time for the next big thing.

What then will that be?

COD hasn't been that fun for me since mw2. Once black ops got here the series has sucked imo. Yeah I still bought the games but haven't played ghosts in almost a month and don't miss playing it at all. Times and people change so sayonara to cod for me. Til the next game I buy.

Message 27 of 29 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8017 posts

Jul 2, 2014
Money is not a measure of quality...

It is a measure of success...
Hey That Chris signature
Message 28 of 29 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Jul 2, 2014
I think Destiny will out sell the new call of duty. I played the alpha cant wait for beta. And its made by bungie one of the best videogame companies out there. On top of all that its also bungies first game ever to come to PlayStation. Its are destiny guardians.
Message 29 of 29 (51 Views)