Final Fantasy died after 12. 

I know how you feel.  

Message 11 of 29 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11978 posts

Re: The fading light that is Call of Duty

Jul 1, 2014

For the first time in years I'm more interested in a cod game than battlefield. They really **bleep**ed it up with hardline

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 12 of 29 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

Jul 1, 2014

Battlefield will never beat Call of Duty. Unless they stop making Call of Duties of course.

Message 13 of 29 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2415 posts

Jul 1, 2014
The one with Kevin spacey looks interesting, at least they are focusing more on the story. I'm all about story, and call of duty is often disposable in that category.
Don't hesitate. Wait! Maybe you should...
Message 14 of 29 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2015 posts

Jul 1, 2014

Talented-Taco wrote:

Battlefield will never beat Call of Duty. Unless they stop making Call of Duties of course.

Depends on what you mean by "beat."  If you're talking sales, you're probably right.  Never underestimate the power of "MOM!, BUY ME ....!"

If you're talking making a great FPS, I think Battlefield has been better since Bad Company 2.  The community is more mature,  and the gameplay is more varied. 

I can't excuse BF4's problems though, and I'm not too excited about Hardline.

XBOX Live gamertag: GUN5L1NGER
Message 15 of 29 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5868 posts

Jul 1, 2014
BF peaked at BC2...

3 was broken at launch but at least was fixed in a timely manner, that and the servers were rentable/usable...

4 is a joke as some aspects are still broken...

Hardline, seriously?

SWAT jets?
Message 16 of 29 (50 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17843 posts

Jul 1, 2014

Talented-Taco wrote:

Lol, Battlefield has always been better. Unless you prefer a toxic community, exploitable servers, and broken gameplay...then yes you're right.

Message 17 of 29 (46 Views)
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

Jul 1, 2014

I first just want to take the time to say I have been quoted by Setzaroth himself.

I was talking about sales though. How else could a game beat another game?

Message 18 of 29 (43 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17843 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2014

Talented-Taco wrote:

I first just want to take the time to say I have been quoted by Setzaroth himself.

I was talking about sales though. How else could a game beat another game?

Sales don't mean anything other than how much money something makes (duh). It has no relevancy as to quality, longevity, or enjoyability of something. Besides, Battlefield, is also unfathomably successful. After a certain point, the money doesn't even matter for franchises like these, in a comparative context.

In my mind, Call of Duty is synonymous with hackers, and a vile community of racist 12 year olds. Personal experience and countless YouTube videos confirm this.

Using only sales, one could assert that Miley Cyrus is better than Metallica, and well... that isn't true in any way, shape form, or function.

Message 19 of 29 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

Jul 1, 2014

@Setzaroth I never really thought about it like that. Everytime I heard or read "this video game beat this video game" I just figured it meant sales. When people or articles say "this video game is better then this video game" Then I think that the actual game is better.

Also sorta surprised Miley sold more then Metallica. I'm into that old school stuff or anything, but I still find it surprising.

Message 20 of 29 (35 Views)
0 Likes