Jul 01 2014
By: tvViSt3Dgc Lombax Warrior 176 posts

The fading light that is Call of Duty

28 replies 187 views Edited Jul 1, 2014
I have gotten to the point where no matter what they change or add to their formula, Call of Duty has become nothing more than a sinking ship to me.

I know that many people will continue to buy and play Call of Duty but it's entertainment value has been steadily declining for me. Calling in kill streaks and such does not have the same feeling it did when I was playing Modern Warfare 2 and other earlier entries in the series.

Perhaps it's unavoidable, fading interest with a long running series which struggles to innovate (with great strides) and focuses more on tweaking an existing engine. I suppose I just hunger for something more.

Looking back, I thank Call of Duty for the fun and memories it has given me...but it is time to move on. I know I'm not alone in this mindset, and I hope to find something else to pull me in and hold my attention. It's time for the next big thing.

What then will that be?
Message 1 of 29 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13680 posts

Re: The fading light that is Call of Duty

Jul 1, 2014

July 3rd ghosts new dlc looks fun. The problem I think is people spend money and buy the new DLC and only people who buy the DLC get to play the maps while all the rest of the people play the normal maps to the point where they know them like the back of their hand. They know the spawn trap points and totally mop up the field. I go play the DLC maps and people still learning them and is tons more fun. Normal maps make me sick of the game like non other I've found.

Message 2 of 29 (182 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Jul 1, 2014
I feel the same way about Basketball games.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 3 of 29 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3280 posts

Jul 1, 2014

I think the Call of Duty franchise has run out of ideas to keep the past players interested but always seem to draw numbers regardless of who stops playing the games. I myself have stopped buying the games (COD Black Ops 2 was my last), i just find it too repetitive and way too many crybabies who dont understand the tactical ways of playing Warfare games (yes im talking about camping).

I now focus on a more tatical games franchise that offers more, the Battlfield series has it all and camping is allowed unless your some kid who rents a server and makes Rules.Smiley Wink 

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 4 of 29 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2811 posts

Jul 1, 2014
Well, stop playing it online then. Just play the campaign. Problem solved.
Message 5 of 29 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

Jul 1, 2014

This is the first campaign. I actually didn't pay attention to and I tried to rush through it as fast as possible when I played it. I also had this feeling a bit ago that I didn't want to buy the next Call of Duty. That passed though. The point is it is starting to suck. It started to suck a while ago, but it has sucked this long and more people are like **bleep**. They aren't going to change this.

I'm more excited for the Call of Duty after Advanced Warfare.

Message 6 of 29 (132 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29416 posts

Jul 1, 2014

This again? It seems the gamer cognoscenti every so often pulls  the "Call of Duty is a sinking ship" cliche' out of moth ball, and then a huge game sells oodles of copies. Just because you're tired of Call of Duty doesn't mean other people are as well.

And as for basketball games, given the structure of the game itself I don't know what you can do that would be all that different. You can add a deeper and more detailed career mode, but unless there's a major rule change, the game has been the same since about 1979, when the three point shot was added.

Message 7 of 29 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Jul 1, 2014

Faded for me years ago

KZMProductionsGT
Message 8 of 29 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

Jul 1, 2014

Ghosts is the first Call of Duty to actually not beat the previous one. Every other installment outsold the previous one as well.

Message 9 of 29 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9040 posts

Jul 1, 2014
At least CoD games work when you buy them...

Battlefield however...
Message 10 of 29 (99 Views)