Welcoming Committee
37283 posts

Re: The coolest thing you have ever seen?

Jan 2, 2007
This was a few years ago when I had this Lincoln Towncar with an awesome sound system.  I would drive down the highway with the windows down because it ported the sound and actually sounded better.  That was one sweet ride.

I was on my way to see my girlfriend.  There was a storm moving in.  But this was a really weird storm, the kind you rarely see.  I've never seen it on TV or in a movie, but this would have made a terrific movie scene.  I kept thinking that at the time.  The lightning was moving sideways.  It never touched the ground.  I couldn't really hear it either.  I think it might have made a fizzling sound if at all.  It was hard to tell because I was jammin the stereo.

There I was rocketing down this arrow-straight highway with the windows down.  Bad Company's "No Smoke Without a Fire" was blasting out of the speakers.  Lightning was circling sideways around me, slowly, in maybe a 2 mile radius.  It was night time and that was the only light in the sky.

That was a real moment right there.  I told my gf about it (now my wife).  By the time we got back on the road the moment was gone.  But for that 4-5 minute zone it was really something special.  This would be perfect for any Hollywood movie that needs an injection of supreme coolness.
Message 11 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37283 posts

Jan 2, 2007

Overclocked Cellist wrote:
Hundreds of people waiting to listen to me!

Sorry, I know I'm bragging...but it was pretty neat to look at.

Ooh!  I actually had this once.  I was at the state fair and they had some kind of American Idol thing (not called that) and I got up to sing "With or Without You" by U2.  There were hundreds of people gathered already (not just for me).  Anyway about halfway into the song, some guy in the back held up a bic lighter.  You see this at concerts all the time, but it's something special when you're the one getting the little fire.  That one guy with a bic meant more to me than the rest of the people clapping or whatnot.  To tell you the truth I can't even remember their reactions.  They could have been booing me for all I care.  All I remember is that one guy in the back holding a lit bic lighter.  Too cool.

Still not as cool as the lightning thing though.

Message Edited by DrGadget on 01-02-2007 07:51 AM
Message 12 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7915 posts

Jan 2, 2007
The coolest thing I have ever seen in person would have to be Niagra Falls. Just seeing the speed the water comes down and hits the rocks at. And the roar you can hear from all the way down the street from it. Awesome.
Photobucket
REAL PSN I USE: eagles3613
Mike Vick wudddup
Message 13 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2579 posts

Jan 2, 2007
I saw a harrier get a birdstrike in the air while I was in the air flying next to it.
MICROSOFT SPY
Message 14 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Jan 2, 2007
wow, i can imaging that would be a site to see

westies wrote:
Ok guys and gals, what is the coolest thing you have ever witnessed personally...nothing you've seen on tv or the internet either.  Mine would have to be seeing an F-18 fly overhead, and crash about half a mile from me when I was qualifying at the rifle range. All I could think of is why can't i hear it...lol. Then seeing the pilot eject out and the plane rollover upside down and then nosedive into the ground. After that came the BIGGEST fireball I have ever seen. The pilot was okay, but the plane disentegrated(sp?).  The biggest piece left was just over basketball sized. Something in the hydraulics of the engine caused it to fail. Here is the link to it.
Linky

1000th post on 12/15/06 registered 07-13-2006

2000th post may 13, 2007. 7:22 pm src="http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6599/454uv1.png">

i am a mod af fuzillion forums
http://www.fuzillion.com/forums/
Message 15 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14411 posts

Jan 2, 2007
Marine One, I saw it when I was in Washington, D.C.
Message 16 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes