Dec 20 2005
By: TongueScrubber Lombax Warrior 172 posts

The best RPG on Playstation 2

31 replies 75 views Edited Dec 20, 2005
Hi all,

I am a long time XBOX RPG gamer who is thinking of switching site.  Yeah, MS pissed off many of us RPG hardcord for depressing the XBOX 360 console supply.    I've never bothered to read anything about Playstation before but things start changing since the launch day of the X360.   I'm registered with the Playstation website as my first attempt to step into the playstation world of RPG.  This is a big change for me.

However, I'm reluctant as I was not convinced that Playstation has as many excellent RPG games as the original XBOX does such as Morrowind, Shenmue 2, Fable, Knights of the Old Republic, etc; just to name a few.   I am brand new to the Playstation's RPG world.  RPG is all I care so can someone point me to the best Playstation's RPG games that will have their sequels on Playstation 3 or new RPG franchise that have been announced?  Games that have the scale of Morrowind, the combat system of Fable, an epic storyline of Knights of the Old Republic and Jade Empire...

In addition, if someone did play some of the above games on PC, can that person give me some thoughts as to how they stack against the RPG games that were built exclusively for Playstation?

Convert me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games,"

"You can communicate to a new cybercity. Did you see the movie The Matrix? Same interface. Same concept. Starting from next year, you can jack into The Matrix!"
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 32 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2041 posts

Re: The best RPG on Playstation 2

Dec 20, 2005
RPG's are for losers who can waste 200 hours of their life walking around a pretend world.

Guess who's back.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 32 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5297 posts

Dec 20, 2005

pyoung0259 wrote:
RPG's are for losers who can waste 200 hours of their life walking around a pretend world.

You are a loser. You waste 200 hours of your life walking around in a pretend model of the real world.
,The PS2 has the most RPGs of the three systems. Some of them suck, but,then, there are always games that suck. The best RPG that I've played,is Final Fantasy X.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 32 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2041 posts

Dec 20, 2005
Waste 200 hours of life, by living in the real world?  Good call there.

Guess who's back.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 32 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4294 posts

Dec 20, 2005
hi WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! umm... im not a big rpg player but there is gauntlet, and there are lots comming for the ps3 i heard so, ummm.... yeah.
Big Bubba|| on 11/10/2005
PSN: Bubba_R
------ Sniper (3173 posts) on 05-08-2007 11:14 PM ------

1337!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 32 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Dec 20, 2005
Your response shows your maturity and educational background.  I've dealt with a few of your kind on the XBOX forum and most of them are not RPG gamers.  If you have nothing useful to post, then get off this thread because I did not expect a Playstation's gamer of your level of maturity to answer my question.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games,"

"You can communicate to a new cybercity. Did you see the movie The Matrix? Same interface. Same concept. Starting from next year, you can jack into The Matrix!"
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 32 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4565 posts

Dec 20, 2005

,elderscrolls wrote:
Your response shows your maturity and educational background.  I've dealt with a few of your kind on the XBOX forum and most of them are not RPG gamers.  If you have nothing useful to post, then get off this thread because I did not expect a Playstation's gamer of your level of maturity to answer my question.

(pwn3d cak3s),
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 32 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5297 posts

Dec 20, 2005

pyoung0259 wrote:
Waste 200 hours of life, by living in the real world?  Good call there.

:smileysurprised: You consider exact replica models of cities real. You need serious mental help.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 32 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18074 posts

Dec 20, 2005
So, you guys think you're more intellectually advanced than non-RPG players?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 32 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Dec 20, 2005

I have heard about Final Fantasy and it will come to the XBOX 360.  About Gauntlet, is that the Seven Sorrow that is on XBOX, it's really a hack-n-slack action game but not RPG.  Do you have a link to what will come to PS3?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 32 (75 Views)
0 Likes