Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 06 2006
By: ThePeacemaker02 Treasure Hunter 8950 posts

The Wii is now mine (short story inside)

14 replies 1 views Edited Dec 6, 2006
Well I finally got my wii today (12-6) at 8am at my local wal-mart. I would like to start off by saying that wal-mart sucks with information the lady on the phone said they were getting 3 I was like oh crap but I had a feeling that that couldn't be possible.  So anyway my dad and me got up at 6 this morning and decided to go off to the wal-mart. We drove over and saw a line fairly long and once again I got that I-have-no-christmas-gift-feeling.  So we decided to get into line anyway to see what was going on.  We went to the end and my dad knew the guy so we were talking which made the time go by pretty quick.  One lady on line worked there and said they had 21 I thought were way to far back to get one but no me and my dad were number 20.  I was so happy and then an old man got behind us like 10 minutes after we got into line to get one for his grandkids.  Well time went by by talking the people were all really nice one lady even went into the store and got hot hands for everyone.  Well it was a pretty good experience since everyone joked around and had fun.  I only had to wait 1 and a half hours for it.  I can't play it until christmas but at least I know it is safely nestled under my tree. On a side note I live in a small town so don't mind the small numbers, and most of the people were adults and older people so I was the youngest and I got to miss some school. Christmas can't come soon enough
PSN:ThePeacemaker02
Message 1 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2576 posts

Re: The Wii is now mine (short story inside)

Dec 6, 2006
dats nice
Hrshycro: G-Mod @ Gamecrazy.ca
Message 2 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4189 posts

Dec 6, 2006

TJ32 wrote:
Well I finally got my wii today (12-6) at 8am at my local wal-mart. I would like to start off by saying that wal-mart sucks with information the lady on the phone said they were getting 3 I was like oh crap but I had a feeling that that couldn't be possible.  So anyway my dad and me got up at 6 this morning and decided to go off to the wal-mart. We drove over and saw a line fairly long and once again I got that I-have-no-christmas-gift-feeling.  So we decided to get into line anyway to see what was going on.  We went to the end and my dad knew the guy so we were talking which made the time go by pretty quick.  One lady on line worked there and said they had 21 I thought were way to far back to get one but no me and my dad were number 20.  I was so happy and then an old man got behind us like 10 minutes after we got into line to get one for his grandkids.  Well time went by by talking the people were all really nice one lady even went into the store and got hot hands for everyone.  Well it was a pretty good experience since everyone joked around and had fun.  I only had to wait 1 and a half hours for it.  I can't play it until christmas but at least I know it is safely nestled under my tree. On a side note I live in a small town so don't mind the small numbers, and most of the people were adults and older people so I was the youngest and I got to miss some school. Christmas can't come soon enough

Lucky.  Have fun with it, I've heard they're a blast(getting mine in around a month or so I hope).

The one downside?  You had to give your money to Wal-Mart.  Boo to that.  Yay for getting a Wii.
Message 3 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2382 posts

Dec 6, 2006
youd better make a time machine and speed time up to christmas because you dont know what youre missing with the wii, it redefines fun
In times of economic uncertainty, the world turns to Open Source

http://www.youtube.com/OprahDust
Message 4 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14373 posts

Dec 6, 2006
I hope to buy one in the next year or so They look cool.
I did camp for a launch one, but my mom sold it on ebay
Photobucket
PSUComic|XBL - FadeToDark|PSN - FadeToDark
Message 5 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13470 posts

Dec 6, 2006

TJ32 wrote:

That's great man:smileyhappy: Hope you enjoy it....in nineteen days:smileyvery-happy:

Message 6 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5830 posts

Dec 6, 2006
Dude I camped out for my Wii and PS3, everyone online was awesome just like you mentioned, handing out handwarmers, joking around, it truely is a gaming expierence I myself will never forget.

If you need support for Star Wars Battlefront II, Pm me.

~ The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had ~

Message 7 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3560 posts

Dec 6, 2006
congrats. have fun with it...

I know that I will have fun with my next gen system...ps3
Message 8 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8950 posts

Dec 6, 2006

wrote:

TJ32 wrote:

Lucky.  Have fun with it, I've heard they're a blast(getting mine in around a month or so I hope).

The one downside?  You had to give your money to Wal-Mart.  Boo to that.  Yay for getting a Wii.

I had no choice, it is the only store that sells video games around here.  I wish I had an eb/gamestop or Best Buy....  I also have to wait until christmas but hey, at least I know I have it.  Also rumor on the line was that ebs kept getting a bunch in so check back at them and Best Buy is haveing a minimum of 50 on the Dec. 17th.  Good luck
PSN:ThePeacemaker02
Message 9 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3560 posts

Dec 6, 2006

wrote:

TJ32 wrote:

Whats up with wals-mart?
Message 10 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes