Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Re: The Walking Dead, and other Post Apocalyptic Shows

Mar 5, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Just got my The Walking Dead Theme Song Ring Tone, and wallpaper.  Honestly don't know why it took me this long to look for one.

LOVE IT!

Moble

I think you need to get out more Moble Smiley Wink.

I just got the season pass with my $10.00 'loyalty' bonus, I'll be playing it most of this weekend!

BRIT-KO

Bragging again!  Darn you BRIT.  SUre, just rub it in now.Smiley Sad

BTW, is the Season Pass Worth it?  I have $17 and change in my wallet.  As a PLUS Member I can get it for about $8 right now.  Should I do it, or is it just watching a Graphic Novel on the TV?

Moble

Message 41 of 46 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 5, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Now I knew Morgan would come back into the fold eventually.  I do not follow the Graphic novels, so I am not even sure if the Show followed the story in this respect.

I am disappointed in how he came back though.  Perhaps there still remains another chapter for poor Morgan, but for now, his pitiful state was unnerving.

I did notice all through season two, Rick did not even bother trying to talk at sunrise to Morgan.  I can see why he felt alone after that.  Just the same, it is interesting that Morgan did not ever try to leave the town.  PErhaps this is why he made the comment to Rick about staying at the Prison because Laurie died there.

the comics are VERY DIFFERENT when it comes to Morgan. he wasnt nearly as crazy in the comics as he was in the show. no crazy sharpened bamboo sticks, animals in cages and boobytraps everywhere.

however in the comics he did join up with Ricks group, somewhat surprised he didnt in the show but then again theres only room for 1 crazy man. Smiley Very Happy

however as you said, him not joining up leaves his story open so we will most likely see him again, perhaps once the prison arc is over.

also, does anyone remember if Morgan said what happened to his son and wife after the incident? im sure he didnt kill them, wonder if hes keeping them alive like the barn situation.

I thought he said, "I saw red, everything was red, so I did it.  I should have done it a long time ago, but I finally did it.  Too late for my boy." or something like that.

Pretty sure he offed them both, at the moment his wife started chowing down.

Moble

Message 42 of 46 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Mar 5, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Spectram wrote:

Huge fan of The Walking Dead here.

Everyone should check out a show called Jericho, if you like Post Apocalyptic shows. It's not zombies or anything, the biggest threat that people face are other people.

It's on Netflix, and its a great show! Just don't be expecting closure, it's one of the shows that was hit by the writers strike years ago.

Never had the chance to get into that one, but the few episodes I saw, I liked.

Too funny; wasn't the actor who plays Morgan in that too?

Moble

if you think thats funny, go watch The Mist

not only was it directed by Frank Darabont(dude who directed season 1 and 2 of TWD) Andrea, Dale, Carol and Morales(big hispanic guy who was part of the RV caravan in the early episodes) are all in it. Smiley Very Happy

You missed one, the_original_se. No fault of yours though. Sam Witmer was in the Mist. He was also in TWD. Pretty awesome that they almost told his back story in the show. in episode 1 Days Gone By Rick gets trapped in the tank surrounded by walkers, remember that? He had to shoot a walker soldier in the tank to finish him off. That walker was Sam Witmer who played Private Jessup in The Mist. He gets stabbed by the butcher andthrown out to the creature.  He also played the voice of Starkiller in Star Wars unleashed 2.

Check out the back story of TWD that almost was..

HomeStationMagazine
Message 43 of 46 (86 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Mar 5, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Now I knew Morgan would come back into the fold eventually.  I do not follow the Graphic novels, so I am not even sure if the Show followed the story in this respect.

I am disappointed in how he came back though.  Perhaps there still remains another chapter for poor Morgan, but for now, his pitiful state was unnerving.

I did notice all through season two, Rick did not even bother trying to talk at sunrise to Morgan.  I can see why he felt alone after that.  Just the same, it is interesting that Morgan did not ever try to leave the town.  PErhaps this is why he made the comment to Rick about staying at the Prison because Laurie died there.

the comics are VERY DIFFERENT when it comes to Morgan. he wasnt nearly as crazy in the comics as he was in the show. no crazy sharpened bamboo sticks, animals in cages and boobytraps everywhere.

however in the comics he did join up with Ricks group, somewhat surprised he didnt in the show but then again theres only room for 1 crazy man. Smiley Very Happy

however as you said, him not joining up leaves his story open so we will most likely see him again, perhaps once the prison arc is over.

also, does anyone remember if Morgan said what happened to his son and wife after the incident? im sure he didnt kill them, wonder if hes keeping them alive like the barn situation.

I thought he said, "I saw red, everything was red, so I did it.  I should have done it a long time ago, but I finally did it.  Too late for my boy." or something like that.

Pretty sure he offed them both, at the moment his wife started chowing down.

Moble

ah ok, forgot about that. wonder if he was refering to just shooting her though, and not his son.

*cough cough* no reason as to why he would shoot his son. *cough cough*

Message 44 of 46 (82 Views)
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Spectram wrote:

Huge fan of The Walking Dead here.

Everyone should check out a show called Jericho, if you like Post Apocalyptic shows. It's not zombies or anything, the biggest threat that people face are other people.

It's on Netflix, and its a great show! Just don't be expecting closure, it's one of the shows that was hit by the writers strike years ago.

Never had the chance to get into that one, but the few episodes I saw, I liked.

Too funny; wasn't the actor who plays Morgan in that too?

Moble

if you think thats funny, go watch The Mist

not only was it directed by Frank Darabont(dude who directed season 1 and 2 of TWD) Andrea, Dale, Carol and Morales(big hispanic guy who was part of the RV caravan in the early episodes) are all in it. Smiley Very Happy

You missed one, the_original_se. No fault of yours though. Sam Witmer was in the Mist. He was also in TWD. Pretty awesome that they almost told his back story in the show. in episode 1 Days Gone By Rick gets trapped in the tank surrounded by walkers, remember that? He had to shoot a walker soldier in the tank to finish him off. That walker was Sam Witmer who played Private Jessup in The Mist. He gets stabbed by the butcher andthrown out to the creature.  He also played the voice of Starkiller in Star Wars unleashed 2.

Check out the back story of TWD that almost was..

dude, really?!  Smiley Surprised

also, i wouldnt say he voiced Starkiller. the dude WAS Starkiller. he also dose the voice of Darth Maul in SW:TCW.

Message 45 of 46 (79 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Mar 5, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

dude, really?!  Smiley Surprised

also, i wouldnt say he voiced Starkiller. the dude WAS Starkiller. he also dose the voice of Darth Maul in SW:TCW.

The grenade story I call it. lol. yup.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 46 of 46 (78 Views)
0 Likes