Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Re: The Walking Dead, and other Post Apocalyptic Shows

Nov 14, 2012

The comics are definitely better than the show, the show has to stop trying to be a soap opera. More zombies, gore and action please.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 31 of 46 (99 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Nov 14, 2012

EvilrCrow wrote:

The comics are definitely better than the show, the show has to stop trying to be a soap opera. More zombies, gore and action please.

have you wants this season at all? zombie killing is at an all time high. heads being chopped off, cleaved in half, dozens of exploding headshots.

its a hell of a lot better than the boring "single bullet to the forehead" stuff of last season.

Spoiler
213568643454776yhrf.gif

Message 32 of 46 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Nov 14, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

EvilrCrow wrote:

have you wants this season at all? zombie killing is at an all time high. heads being chopped off, cleaved in half, dozens of exploding headshots.

its a hell of a lot better than the boring "single bullet to the forehead" stuff of last season.

Spoiler
213568643454776yhrf.gif

Have to say, BEST SCENE OF THE SERIES BY FAR!  The only scene that comes close is when Rick took out the Philly guys in the bar.  That was pretty sweet as well.

As for what EvilCrow has said, I do not get time to check out the Graphic novels.  That and I don't have the money for them.  I think someday, if I have time, I will go to Barnes and Knoble and do some "free" reading.

Continuing on EvilCrows point, I did think season two crawled a bit.  I refer back to where I chalked it up as making up for an eight episode first season.  I understand the need to build characters, and plot for a TV series.  If they didn't do this, then some fringe (not the show, which is awesome too BTW) viewers might not take interest.  We all know what happens when a show has no interest (see the original's clip, LOLSmiley Very Happy).

I do get frustrated sometimes; when they insist on going back to Andrea and her emotional confliction, and dwell on Carol's weird behavior.  I think the show is doing a good job of weeding out some of the original characters.  Pretty easy to do in a Apocalyptic Zombie show.  There are no soap opera comebacks in this one, "dead is dead, there is no coming back from that".

I think the show did a pretty good job last week avoiding what could potentially be a polarizing event.  

(See spoiler if you have seen it already.  If you haven't watched, plan on seeing it, and don't want it spoiled, then skip ahead.)

Spoiler

We all know, if Merl actually finds the group (I am sure those following the books know, please don't spoil it for those of us who only watch the show), he will be looking for T-Dog.  After all, it is T-Dog who lost the cuff keys, leaving Merl to have to cut off his own hand.  

Being that Merl did not hide that he was a Racist, and did not like T-Dog anyway, the show would have had to examine how they would want the interaction to go down.  By killing T-Dog, before Merl finds him, avoids any mucky situations of race / revenge fueled retaliation.  

That is just my opinion of course, and my interpretation of why they killed T-Dog.

Regardless, I absolutely love this show.  I do hope to read the novels in the future.  Soap Opera or not, I think the acting is superb.  When Maggie was crying, there was actually snot coming out of her nose.  You would think something tragic actually happened on the set.  

Additionally, despite early grievances by the Novel fans regarding the casting for Rick, I think Andrew Lincoln deserves a freaking Emmy.  I think the show deserves an Emmy, but I am sure some comedy about nerds, or some drama about adulterous politicians will win as always.  I am not even sure there is a category for survival horror in the Emmies yet.

But I digress.  I am glad to see there are a lot of fans out here in the Forum.  I hope the upcoming game will do the series and the novels justice.  I think game developers rush TV, Movie and comic based games, just to get something in while the topic is hot.  Too often these games flop, due to poor development and bad stories.

Just a lot of my thoughts LOL Smiley LOL

Moble

Message 33 of 46 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Lauren Cohan (Maggie) is SOOOOO FRIGGIN HOT.  BTW

Just sharing Smiley Very Happy

Moble

Message 34 of 46 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Just got my The Walking Dead Theme Song Ring Tone, and wallpaper.  Honestly don't know why it took me this long to look for one.

LOVE IT!

Moble

Message 35 of 46 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I am a WD fan for sure. It is one of a handful of shows that I watch (Sons of Anarchy, The Big Bang Theory, Two & A Half Men, Family Guy, South Park, Futurama) also awaiting History Channel's upcoming series; The Vikings.

What I would really like to see is a dystopian series.

Message 36 of 46 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Now I knew Morgan would come back into the fold eventually.  I do not follow the Graphic novels, so I am not even sure if the Show followed the story in this respect.

I am disappointed in how he came back though.  Perhaps there still remains another chapter for poor Morgan, but for now, his pitiful state was unnerving.

I did notice all through season two, Rick did not even bother trying to talk at sunrise to Morgan.  I can see why he felt alone after that.  Just the same, it is interesting that Morgan did not ever try to leave the town.  PErhaps this is why he made the comment to Rick about staying at the Prison because Laurie died there.

Who knows?  Actually, if you read the GNs and do know, please don't tell.

In another note, the hitchhiker was an interesting side note.  Rick has abandoned his willingness to take on  more strangers.  Perhaps, he is now limiting the number of people he could grow attached to.  Perhaps he is tired of finding people to joining the "gang", only to lead the core members to more hurt and loss.  They did take his pack though.

I love the realism of it all though.  The idea, that as civilization restructures itself in a dead World, people will become more cold and solitary.  Protect your own, and take on no more.  Seems real to me.

Moble

Message 37 of 46 (51 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40614 posts

Mar 5, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Just got my The Walking Dead Theme Song Ring Tone, and wallpaper.  Honestly don't know why it took me this long to look for one.

LOVE IT!

Moble

I think you need to get out more Moble Smiley Wink.

I just got the season pass with my $10.00 'loyalty' bonus, I'll be playing it most of this weekend!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 38 of 46 (48 Views)
Last Guardian
9489 posts

Mar 5, 2013

I've just recently marathoned through season 2 and 3 ( till e12 ) of The Walking Dead. I'll be definitely buying the PSN game after I've gotten few other games out of the way.

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 39 of 46 (44 Views)
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Mar 5, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Now I knew Morgan would come back into the fold eventually.  I do not follow the Graphic novels, so I am not even sure if the Show followed the story in this respect.

I am disappointed in how he came back though.  Perhaps there still remains another chapter for poor Morgan, but for now, his pitiful state was unnerving.

I did notice all through season two, Rick did not even bother trying to talk at sunrise to Morgan.  I can see why he felt alone after that.  Just the same, it is interesting that Morgan did not ever try to leave the town.  PErhaps this is why he made the comment to Rick about staying at the Prison because Laurie died there.

the comics are VERY DIFFERENT when it comes to Morgan. he wasnt nearly as crazy in the comics as he was in the show. no crazy sharpened bamboo sticks, animals in cages and boobytraps everywhere.

however in the comics he did join up with Ricks group, somewhat surprised he didnt in the show but then again theres only room for 1 crazy man. Smiley Very Happy

however as you said, him not joining up leaves his story open so we will most likely see him again, perhaps once the prison arc is over.

also, does anyone remember if Morgan said what happened to his son and wife after the incident? im sure he didnt kill them, wonder if hes keeping them alive like the barn situation.

Message 40 of 46 (39 Views)