Apr 27 2010
By: Burner626 Wastelander 877 posts

The Unofficial "Relationships" Thread

220 replies 393 views Edited Apr 27, 2010

Whether you're a boy or a girl, man or woman, everyone sure has been in a relationship someday, right?  Well, tell us!  I mean, asking your significant other was probably the most magical moment in your life, and so is how it happened!  Well, I started this post because I wanted to tell you my story and see how you like it and for you to post your love story as well.  So here it is...

I started my tenth grade year late this August.  The first day wasn't a bad day.  Just random reunions from a long summer away.  The next day was very different.  In geometry (my Second period- Tuesday was an even day), I met this Freshman that I knew from a while ago, but I couldn't remember when.  Then I remembered.  She's my Ex-Girlfriend's Best Friend.  Worse?  I immediately fell in love with her.  Damn.  Surprise?  She remembered me and we started talking right after class.  After that day, we started talking everyday, and I even walked her to class every even day.

I'm an idiot.  I didn't know she liked me.  I thought she thought we were very good friends.  On September 21, her, my Ex, and I were walking together during lunch.  Toward the end of our lunch break, my Ex blurted out that my crush liked me.  She an I were surprised, and she threatened to beat her up (which I laughed at, by the way).  By that time the bell rang, and it was too late for me to tell her how I felt.  I had to get to 3D Animation 2, which I couldn't be late for whatsoever.  I ended up thinking about her all day and all night.

The next day, I came to class early, hoping that she would be there.  She wasn't.  She actually came late. Still, I waited for her, and I saw her run to the classroom.  Then I gave her an unexpected hug, the first hug we shared ever.  After class, we were walking to her class like normal until she brought up what happened the last day.  We came to the point when we were supposed to go our separate ways and held both of her hands and asked her out on the spot (Tuesday, September 22, 2009; 9:09 AM).  Of course she said yes, and to this day, we are still going out.

Days later, we told each other how long we've felt for each other.  I've told her mine, and she gave me a nervous smile.  I asked her what was up, and she told me she's been feeling me for a year, even when my Ex and I went out.  That surprised me, but that made me more interested in her.

Two weeks later, I received some bad news.  She told me that she was moving some 80 miles away.  That was devastating.  But then she told me that her move was temporary and she may come back soon.  We still maintain a long distance relationship and she did visit me once, not too long ago, actually.  She may visit again someday soon, and I'm eagerly awaiting our first kiss (and also my first kiss- I'm 16 by the way).

The kiss happened already; it was indescribable.

Well enough about me, tell me about yours, or discuss your relationship! 

Sig 1 PNG
Message 32 of 221 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Re: Relationships...

Dec 28, 2009

Wow. Congrats for you, Burner! It's great you're still together despite the distance.

Anyways, I have been dating my girlfriend since my 17th birthday, January 11 2008. Pure luck, I suppose. We met because she was friends with one of my best friends and he invited both of us to go bowling. We hit it off from the start...fighting over the chair in front of everyones names/score/random stuff lol. After that, we started sitting by each other before school while talking to our friends. We eventually discovered we both had 3rd period study hall. Knowing this, I started asking her to come to Peer Tutoring with me everyday during that period so we can talk. Got to know each other through this. Then on January 10 '08, she asked me what I was doing for my birthday. I told her I was probably doing nothing. Well, she asked me to movies (One Missed Call) and I told her I would go. During the middle of the movie, she pretended to act scared and it fooled me into holding her one hand for the rest of the show. Anyways, the movie ended and I took her home. Knowing it was my last chance, I asked her to date me on her front porch. She said immediatelty "Of course, yes!" and gave me a big hug. Still dating and have never been close to a breakup. We hang out every day and never get bored of each other. Still going strong despite me being in a local college now. She's a senior. We can honestly say that we are in love with each other. I'd do anything for her. 

Message 1 of 221 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

Re: Relationships...

Dec 28, 2009

WrenchNinja, that was a beautiful story.  Thanks for sharing that.

This bothers me, 22 views and 1 is happily taken?

Sig 1 PNG
Message 2 of 221 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14616 posts

Re: The Unofficial "Relationships" Thread

Dec 28, 2009

Mine is kind of long but here it goes,

I've always been a lonely person, my family loves me, most of the people that know me irl love me, but no one has ever really got me, I am very different minded. This never really was an issue until this year, I've been feeling really depressed, sad, I talked about what I will do with life sometimes to my best friends, eventually they stopped talking to me a lot, that made me feel even lonlier, I still had my family but like I said, they don't understand me enough to know what is on my mind.

Around the summer though, a few days after my 17th birthday. I started talking to this amazing girl, her name is Chel.

We talked for the next few months, got to know each other, and needless to say, we became a couple at 3:30 am December 3rd, Meaning our 3rd and 4 week anniversery lied on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. Magic right?

I recently told her I love her, and lately we have been telling each other. 

Sadly, I am 17 as I said, she is 16. We are both young, and despite me loving her, I know that anything can happen. We are also long distance, another magical variable

We have almost everything in common, she makes me feel alive, happy and most importantly, not alone, even if she isn't next to me, she is somewhere. I know everyone will say it isn't going to last, and even if that may be true, who knows. I love her like I haven't loved anyone before, I couldn't even form the right words to say it. The last day of this decade ends with our 4 week anniversary, I hope we will still be together next decade. But who knows right? I can only hope. 

Our quote.

"I find it funny that we can both go outside, and stare at the same moon, but when I look over to ask you how cool it is...you're hundreds of miles away from me..."

R.I.P. Bone Of world (PSMVP) 1945-2010
Message 3 of 221 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Dec 28, 2009

Awww, how cute both of these stories are. Hopefully the long distance thing works out for you, topic starter. And for the other guy, it's awesome that you hang out everyday. A lot of people always say that you shouldn't do that because you'd get sick of each other, but I disagree with that completely. If you're with someone that you get tired of, then you probably shouldn't be with them.

I remember my boyfriend asking me out, quite frequently. It was scary, though! I was always too nervous to just say yes. It gets kinda worrying when you think that you might fudge up the friendship, so I was always really reluctant. But, thankfully he didn't give up. Him and I saw THE WATCHMEN out in Hollywood, then were going to go to a hot dog place, but it was way too crowded, so we just hit up Jack in the Box which was the scariest experience of our lives! JitB at midnight isn't a good thing. It wasn't until the second date that we kissed at this like, trendy (trendy being a relative term) video game restaurant. And that was about... 8 months ago and we've been together ever since.

We don't get to see each other as often as we like (school, work, etc.), but we usually play Call of Duty (or other multiplayer games) every night and still speak on the phone for a couple of hours each night. It's nice to be so interested in someone and to still manage to find things to talk about. I know with my previous boyfriend, the talking until 2/3AM only lasted about 2 weeks. We just get along so well and have so many things in common and I think that's what it's all about. When the hormones stop raging and all of those chemicals settle down in your brain, you gotta be with someone that you truly just love being near.

For a company that spent so much time and energy exhorting the virtues of a free online service, to charge for marginally useful access and other nebulous online things, this is just another slap in the face of PS3 owners who were previously told that rumble is last gen, backwards compatibility is great and the versatility of their system in allowing other operating systems to be used on their hardware was a great feature.
- Lono, Sarcastic Gamer

Message 4 of 221 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

Dec 28, 2009

Rowedahelicon01 wrote:

Mine is kind of long but here it goes,

I've always been a lonely person, my family loves me, most of the people that know me irl love me, but no one has ever really got me, I am very different minded. This never really was an issue until this year, I've been feeling really depressed, sad, I talked about what I will do with life sometimes to my best friends, eventually they stopped talking to me a lot, that made me feel even lonlier, I still had my family but like I said, they don't understand me enough to know what is on my mind.

Around the summer though, a few days after my 17th birthday. I started talking to this amazing girl, her name is Chel.

We talked for the next few months, got to know each other, and needless to say, we became a couple at 3:30 am December 3rd, Meaning our 3rd and 4 week anniversery lied on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. Magic right?

I recently told her I love her, and lately we have been telling each other. 

Sadly, I am 17 as I said, she is 16. We are both young, and despite me loving her, I know that anything can happen. We are also long distance, another magical variable

We have almost everything in common, she makes me feel alive, happy and most importantly, not alone, even if she isn't next to me, she is somewhere. I know everyone will say it isn't going to last, and even if that may be true, who knows. I love her like I haven't loved anyone before, I couldn't even form the right words to say it. The last day of this decade ends with our 4 week anniversary, I hope we will still be together next decade. But who knows right? I can only hope. 

Our quote.

"I find it funny that we can both go outside, and stare at the same moon, but when I look over to ask you how cool it is...you're hundreds of miles away from me..."

Love that story, I wish you the best of luck on your relationship.
 56 Views and 2 happily taken? 

Sig 1 PNG
Message 5 of 221 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Dec 28, 2009

Yawn.

Relationships suck. I learnt the hard way. 

Photobucket

Message 6 of 221 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

Dec 28, 2009

FairlyOddChelle wrote:

Awww, how cute both of these stories are. Hopefully the long distance thing works out for you, topic starter. And for the other guy, it's awesome that you hang out everyday. A lot of people always say that you shouldn't do that because you'd get sick of each other, but I disagree with that completely. If you're with someone that you get tired of, then you probably shouldn't be with them.

I remember my boyfriend asking me out, quite frequently. It was scary, though! I was always too nervous to just say yes. It gets kinda worrying when you think that you might fudge up the friendship, so I was always really reluctant. But, thankfully he didn't give up. Him and I saw THE WATCHMEN out in Hollywood, then were going to go to a hot dog place, but it was way too crowded, so we just hit up Jack in the Box which was the scariest experience of our lives! JitB at midnight isn't a good thing. It wasn't until the second date that we kissed at this like, trendy (trendy being a relative term) video game restaurant. And that was about... 8 months ago and we've been together ever since.

We don't get to see each other as often as we like (school, work, etc.), but we usually play Call of Duty (or other multiplayer games) every night and still speak on the phone for a couple of hours each night. It's nice to be so interested in someone and to still manage to find things to talk about. I know with my previous boyfriend, the talking until 2/3AM only lasted about 2 weeks. We just get along so well and have so many things in common and I think that's what it's all about. When the hormones stop raging and all of those chemicals settle down in your brain, you gotta be with someone that you truly just love being near.

That's a pretty cool story.  I love the fact that you guys play video games together!  That's pretty cool!

Sig 1 PNG
Message 7 of 221 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

Dec 28, 2009

MrKrayzie420 wrote:

Yawn.

Relationships suck. I learnt the hard way. 

Maybe it does.  But not for us.  Tell us your breakup.
 Your sig is awesome. 

Sig 1 PNG
Message 8 of 221 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Dec 28, 2009

Burner626 wrote:

That's a pretty cool story.  I love the fact that you guys play video games together!  That's pretty cool!

Yeah, it's all cool until we get competitive, then things get a little crazy. Or when we don't have each other's back... we beat Resident Evil 5 together on the hardest difficulty and it was so trying on our relationship. He would leave me to die soooo many times and it was driving me crazy, all cut-throat, I hate it. But, at the same time... I'm kinda like that, too. It's cool, for the most part, though

For a company that spent so much time and energy exhorting the virtues of a free online service, to charge for marginally useful access and other nebulous online things, this is just another slap in the face of PS3 owners who were previously told that rumble is last gen, backwards compatibility is great and the versatility of their system in allowing other operating systems to be used on their hardware was a great feature.
- Lono, Sarcastic Gamer

Message 9 of 221 (393 Views)
0 Likes