Platinum
55046 posts

Re: The United States Constitution: 2nd Amendment

Jan 17, 2014

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
See this is why I want time machines. Cause I doubt half the guns we have today the founding fathers never thought imaginable.

I mean im not a fan of government restriction but just letting everyone have whatever they want typically ends badly. I mean isnt there a reason why everyone is trying their hardest not to let iran play with nukes? Or north korea (if they actually figured it out)

Two people with the same gun are not equal. That said the laughably easy method of getting guns illegally is there so the people who really shouldnt have guns get them anyway. So why punish the good folk?

But yeah I want my equal right to own a rail gun. Id probably never use it but itd be **bleep** cool.

Correct they didn't think of the guns but we can interpret the spirit of the 2nd ammendment very easily.   They wanted to make sure the people could be armed to defend themselves against a tyrannical state militia and government.  As long as we have legal access to weapons that allow us to do this the spirit of the 2nd ammendment is honored.

Do you think banning Assault Rifles is in line with or contrary to the spirit of the 2nd ammmendment winscar?   You know my answer Smiley Tongue

Message 91 of 151 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55046 posts

Jan 17, 2014

docshady wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

What, in your opinion, was the spirit of the law when it was created?

What Was it truly intended for (in your opinion again)?

I know I'm jumping in here, but these are good questions to go along with the amendment at hand.

The whole point of this law was to make sure that the American public would be able to defend itself in case there was any kind of attack occurring. In order to understand this more easily, you need to look at the time period at which the law was created; the newly formed U.S had just fought a war with Great Britain and considering that the British were all around in the former colonies, the public needed a way to defend itself if need be. This mentality is completely different nowadays, since there really isn't a homefront threat anymore, unlike the 1700s.

Um, yes...there is. Obama is creating a personal military to do who knows what...

I lol'd

Anyway, anything can be interrupted anyway people feel like it.  I mean come on...

beararms

I think it is exactly as Pilgrim has stated, to the letter.

I also thing its old, out dated, and doesn't fit into today's society.

I like this quote sequence.

@ Almighty_Guy, I don't believe the 2nd ammendment was to protect us from a foreign government but any tyrannical government foreign or domestic.   For the purpose of discussion please just assume that is true, is the 2nd ammendment still outdated to you now in light of all this NSA spying and the IRS being used to target individuals and things of this nature we are seeing?

@ Docshady, why specifically do you feel it doesn't fit into society and is outdated (good post by the way both of you...other than maybe the obama comment and you all know I'm not a big fan of my President's decisions)

Message 92 of 151 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Jan 17, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

we can interpret the spirit of the 2nd ammendment very easily.

If you can interpret it so easily, why are you blatantly wrong about it?

Complete global saturation.
Message 93 of 151 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Jan 17, 2014

My answer is simple. Don't take guns away. Also because because I want to take up hunting in the future.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 94 of 151 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Jan 17, 2014

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:
in other words, the way that the 2nd amendment is written (which shows no evidence of being grammatically misinterpreted since madison was well versed like many of the founders), you have it written in two fashions:

[Subject] [Subject Completive] [Dependent Clause] [Predicate]

[Subject Completive] [Participle Phrase] [Subject] [Predicate]

the interpretation is up in the air and the federalist papers cannot prove or disprove anything since all they actually do is enforce the idea that the founders knew english and the delicate language was not a mistake.

Good try but alas, no. 

The militia is the subject of the prefatory clause because it is not a completive of their right to bear arms. There is only one interpretation of the language.

Complete global saturation.
Message 95 of 151 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2156 posts

Jan 17, 2014

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

― George Orwell

-evilbunny

Message 96 of 151 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2347 posts

Jan 18, 2014

Panda will get mad.

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending"
Message 97 of 151 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55046 posts

Jan 20, 2014

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

My answer is simple. Don't take guns away. Also because because I want to take up hunting in the future.

Just so you know the 2nd ammendment does not exist to protect your ability to go hunting with a gun.  However, that protection is a byproduct of the 2nd ammendment's liberty.

Message 98 of 151 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Jan 20, 2014

lII-Venom-lII wrote:

Panda will get mad.

pandy.png

doc shady signature
Message 99 of 151 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Jan 20, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

docshady wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

What, in your opinion, was the spirit of the law when it was created?

What Was it truly intended for (in your opinion again)?

I know I'm jumping in here, but these are good questions to go along with the amendment at hand.

The whole point of this law was to make sure that the American public would be able to defend itself in case there was any kind of attack occurring. In order to understand this more easily, you need to look at the time period at which the law was created; the newly formed U.S had just fought a war with Great Britain and considering that the British were all around in the former colonies, the public needed a way to defend itself if need be. This mentality is completely different nowadays, since there really isn't a homefront threat anymore, unlike the 1700s.

Um, yes...there is. Obama is creating a personal military to do who knows what...

I lol'd

Anyway, anything can be interrupted anyway people feel like it.  I mean come on...

beararms

I think it is exactly as Pilgrim has stated, to the letter.

I also thing its old, out dated, and doesn't fit into today's society.

I like this quote sequence.

@ Almighty_Guy, I don't believe the 2nd ammendment was to protect us from a foreign government but any tyrannical government foreign or domestic.   For the purpose of discussion please just assume that is true, is the 2nd ammendment still outdated to you now in light of all this NSA spying and the IRS being used to target individuals and things of this nature we are seeing?

@ Docshady, why specifically do you feel it doesn't fit into society and is outdated (good post by the way both of you...other than maybe the obama comment and you all know I'm not a big fan of my President's decisions)

arms

Does this idiot look like the type of person that the founding fathers had in mind while writing the 2nd amendment?

doc shady signature
Message 100 of 151 (133 Views)
0 Likes