Gaming Beast
2131 posts

Re: My Review of Ps4

Feb 22, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:
Really? A social network box? I definitely did not get that vibe. Is it socially connected to encourage friends to connect and communicate? Yes, absolutely. However, what I saw in about 90% of that presentation was shear hardware power.

As Mark Cerny said "On PlayStation 4 we are transitioning to a friends network, based on real world friends.  Most of the new social dimension to PlayStation 4 will be interactive with friends using real names, profile pictures, most likely seated from your existing social network".

My take on that would be wanting to turn it into a Social Network unit as well.  Social was one of the 5 keys they stated.  Im just saying we don't need all of that, and hope they focus more on Gaming than Social Networking.  Now PSN is fine, great online experience is a must in online gaming that is.

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 81 of 144 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Re: Sony PS4 reveal. My response !

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013
Converting something to HD doesn't require breaking down the software and modifying the code. It is more realistically a matter of just updating the image files, keeping the same file names - etc. If trophies were feasible for PSX and PS2 games -- it would have been done already. The PS3 has been out for nearly 7 years and your idea is nothing that hasn't been debated around here in the past. And for your information -- if you fully read what I wrote, I stated the primary reason for trophies more than likely not being implemented is because of the high resource required to do that - I never said it couldn't be done. Resource = manpower = MONEY.

Assassin's Creed is a current-gen game, but the requirement is the same. Being that AC is an ongoing franchise -- it's only logical that Ubisoft would place ALL of it's resource into the new games and not something from 2007. It's anti-productive. Maybe YOU would purchase AC all over again for some trophies, but most people probably wouldn't. That means that Ubisoft will see, essentially, zero ROI in contrast to the cost they would have to pay out to the developers to implement that update.
Message 82 of 144 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2131 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:
Since when is there a screen on the controller?

Oh -- you must mean the touchpad. Yeah --- I don't see what's wrong with that. Especially since we are in an age of touch devices.

I liked the idea of a touchscreen on the controller, but a touchpad (and a small one at that).  What can you possibly do with a small touchpad like that.  I am sure you used a touchpad on a laptop, totally useless for gaming, so how would that come into play?  Maybe for navigation or something?  I just don't know what they would use it for, as they did not show anything using it (other than The Witness, which seemed like myst all over again).

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 83 of 144 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Feb 22, 2013

You don't know what you are talking about, Sony has been giving ps2 and psp games trophy support, the god of war series, the metal gear solid games are all on psone and ps2 they gave them trophies, there is a devil may cry hd remake so 1,2,3, now have trophies, there is a hit man hd remake so 1,2,3 now have trophies, there is a killzone hd remake so 1 now has trophies , there are several sega genesis games that now have trophy support for sale on psn, you should check your facts before you argue BRO.

[URL="http://psnprofiles.com/cb765"][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png[/IMG][/URL]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png
Message 84 of 144 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Feb 22, 2013
Many possibilities for the touchpad. For example, in FPS swiping can be used to open doors or switch weapons - thus opening up buttons for other uses. As games progress in complexity - more buttons will be needed. This touchpad could help with that transition.
Message 85 of 144 (88 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
51195 posts

Re: The PS4 Off-Topic Area Discussion Thread

Feb 22, 2013

I added some uploads to youtube to the first post for everyone. 

Message 86 of 144 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Re: My Review of Ps4

Feb 22, 2013
People thought the same about Home and everything seemed to turn out fine. PS4 is target to be a video game console for the hardcore gamer that also happens to be great at networking. Networking is nothing new, btw. It's been around long before even the PS3 or any social network. I was networking with friends on The Zone from Microsoft playing Jedi Knight on a 56k modem. Multiplayer and clans are massive elements to gaming. Now ... A company isn't going to build this amazing social networking without having killer titles to utilize it, are they?
Message 87 of 144 (97 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: PS4 Setting up to be most colossal fail ever

Feb 22, 2013

KnightRid wrote:

I agree it will be a huge fail.

I have had every PS console but I will not be buying this because I really do not see it as "next-gen". I said it on the blog and I will say it here, no ps3 compatibility is a major FAIL and Sony will lose tons of sales because of it. They never said there will be no backwards compatibility. In fact, they said they're hoping to eventually make it fully backwards compatible, PlayStation 1 and on.  Don't even start on that ludicrous speech about having PS3 games playable by streaming on GaiKai (or however you spell it) because without a massive internet pipeline, it wont matter. I would also imagine Sony will charge you again to play those PS3 games just like they have done with the PS2 and PS1 stuff. I'm not sure about, they could learn from their mistakes. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Buy our product for your console today and we will charge you again tomorrow to play it somewhere else.

GPU being enhanced. Seriously. Wow. I am just awestruck at the "enhanced" stuff on this GPU. Maybe it is "enhanced" because it was blessed by a monk? They didn't say that was the GPU maxed out, in fact it wasn't even close. Did you even see the spot where they dropped either 1 million or 100,000 balls into the play area and the thing didn't even slow down? Try to do that on PS3 and I'll bet it'll freeze before 1,000. An 8-core processor with 8GB of GDDR5 RAM may not be outdated as you suggest, considering very few people have GDDR3 let alone GDDR5, not to mention 8-core processors. I understand there are some that do, but those people are few and far between. Just like every other GPU, it will be outdated with 2 years max for gamers unless the quality is kept below what PC games are. I think it'll be longer than 2 years, actually. The very first 8-core processor didn't come out until a year to a year and a half ago, and GDDR5 RAM is a rare find, so I'll give it 4-5 years instead.

Touchscreen in the middle of the controller? Oh thank you Sony for answering my dreams about how to add useless items to a controller so you can copy Nintendo. Wow, I am so thankful *sigh* So now you have to hold your controller in front of your eyes so you can see the touchscreen to make it useful. If you can't see it, you can't use it, so it is useless. Start practicing holding that controller up there ladies and gents. You, just like everyone else who saw this, totally misunderstood. It's NOT a screen, it's a pad, not like the WiiU at all. You don't view it like you do a TV, it's just a pad, nothing else. So you don't need to hold it to your face to see since you don't need to see it. I think it has the possibility to be somewhat of an enhancement for games, but that's up to the developers not Sony.

Downloading things you think I will buy? ROFLMAO again, FAIL Limited bandwidth, limited available GB for downloading, etc. Those things make this idea one of the dumbest I have heard. If you can't wait for a game to be downloaded in a couple hours then you have a problem and someone needs to take your console and show you that bright yellow thing in the sky. Basically, you need a life. Actually, I'm sure some people would actually like that. I, for example, am always Googling games similar to ones I like to find other games that I might like, so having something do that for me would be nice. Not to mention you can delete the data if you don't want it. I'd also imagine it's not forcing you to do it, I'd imagine it starts disabled and you have to go in and inable it if you want it. So chill, if you don't want to use it then don't.

Integrated Facecrap - OMG, ursokool. I can see this for the kids but with Facecrap losing thousands of people daily and even more that are just letting accounts sit idle, is this really a feature to be bragging about? Maybe Johnny 12 year old will think it is awesome, as long as mommy and daddy will buy him a new console. Facebook has become a marketing gimmick that is pushing products to buy because it has lost its way. Once again, if you don't want it don't use it. Don't mark the console down for giving you options, it's just plain stupid. Not to mention Facebook is still fairly popular and has been for awhile. There are millions of ACTIVE users on Facebook, and even if it does fail then who cares? That's not going to effect the console at all.

Share gameplay footage. Wow. Other than saying to check out that yellow circle in the sky on occasion, I have to say this is sad. Your life is that awful that you want to sit and watch another person play a game or watch their video of them playing the game? People spend money to buy hardware to do this? Wow, I hope you can make some money at it. Seriously? You're complaining about options again? Whatever, if you don't want it don't use it. There are literally thousands and thousands of gamers who record and upload their video game footage all the time. There's a huge YouTube market for them, and I think it's a great idea to integrate a screen-capture program into the console. It cuts out the middle man, making it easier AND less expensive for gamers with YouTube channels to film and upload their gameplay. And yes, TONS of people do sit and watch other peoples gameplay, or walkthroughs, or glitches, or cheats, or whatever. YouTube channels like TobyGames, Yogscast, and PewDiePie have a million subscribers that watch their videos, so there is a market for it.

Vita is already a FAIL so saying the same things you have said from the beginning of the Vita still doesn't make them true. How far have Vita sales fallen Sony? Smiley Wink Yea, welcome to the figures for the PS4. Didn't you know that consoles are already WAY more popular than handhelds? Pretty much ever console out numbers the sales of every handheld. So no, the PS4 sales will not be the same as the PSVita sales. Once again, though, I must say they're giving you options. If you happen to have a Vita, they're making it more convenient for you to play all of your games whenever you want. If you don't have a Vita, it won't effect you at all. Please don't whine about optional features, because it's just plain stupid. If you don't want it, don't use it, there will be others who want it so there's no point in removing it since you can just not use it.

I was a huge believer in moving to a console for gaming just because the stuff worked, until I started to really play a lot of different games that caused lockups, slow downs, etc. I can understand some bugs as long as they get fixed. Selling bugged games that will always have those bugs in them is horrid and I am hoping there is a class action suit one of these days that will bankrupt the developers for making people pay for crap. Okay, I'm lost. This doesn't relate to the console, this relates to the developers. If there is a problem with lag or bugs, that's the Game Developers job to fix and it's their fault that their there, so don't blame the console.

Oh well ,I wont be buying a PS4 until PS3 play for my 40+ games is guaranteed, you can turn off the download for me crap, you can disable and totally remove and reference to Facecrap and the price drops to around $250. Premium price is for premium features and this doesn't have them. Fine with me. If you want to sit here and be stubborn just because your expectations were too high then fine. Do it. The PS4 actually blew me away since I didn't have any expectations whatsoever. If you look at it from a nonbias point of view without any expectations to begin with, you'd see what an awesome console the PS4 has the potential to be.

Fanbois rip away but look at the actual facts first. WHAT is next-gen about this? WHAT is Sony pushing on you? If you know enough about hardware and software you will understand, if not, look it up. Don't get me wrong with this, I'm not a fanboy. I actually respect all consoles, and don't have a preference. I actually think preferences to companies can bite you in the butt. If you're an XBox fan boy and bought the cheaply bulit 360 which will literally tear your games to shreds and ends up doubling the price you pay because of the price of online pay JUST because you like Microsoft, whatever it's your money. The original XBox was amazing, while the 360 was somewhat of a mess, not a horrible failure, but not an amazing console either. I DO know a lot about software and hardware, I work with them both all the time, and that's why I know this is pretty awesome. Clearly you don't know how rare it is to see an 8-core computer, or someone with any form of GDDR5 RAM, and you obviously don't see it's potential. The PS3 could really had good hardware for awesome games, even 5 years after it's release, and the PS4 is a world beyond that. I'm not even sure if Game Developers will hit a limit with the PS4 for a few years, believe it or not. They can kick up their polys, through in a bigger world and more characters, and you'llstill be wondering where PS4's limits lie.

I think that the gaming world is getting close to it's limits. There's not really much more that we'd be able to do besides literal 3D environments projected on the world around our bodies. So Next-Gen isn't going to be as astounding as you put off you think it should be. So what were you expecting? What would YOU define as a next-gen console if PS4 wasn't it? Seriously, they've pretty much expanded as far as they can with modern technology.

Message 88 of 144 (136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: The PS4 Off-Topic Area Discussion Thread

Feb 22, 2013

Should also add that it needs to be reverse-compatible with other PS3 games. It would be way less disappointing if I could use the $300 or more in games on a brand new system.

Message 89 of 144 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Re: PS4 Setting up to be most colossal fail ever

Feb 22, 2013
Who said anything about no disc drive...? Shuhei Yoshida clearly stated after the conference that the PS4 will be playing (used games) obviously saying you can go buy a used copy of something and play it in your disc drive. And of course there's going to be an on and off feature for half the things that were brought up in the conference. I'm sure their not going to force any type of feature like that upon us. Even though i on the other hand like the idea if it actually completely works to my liking. And i really gotta say if you can afford a PS4 at $400, $500 dollars you should have internet. I had internet when i worked a minimum wage job for the longest time. Now a days even the cheapest internet service is still pretty fast, may not be fast enough for online play but like i said that's the cheapest. Besides the point i really just thought I'd give you my opinion since i dont think its quite right to be as you say you are a PS fan since day 1 but yet you haven't given them the chance to fully explain everything and the rest of the info before you started to criticize. I'm sure that was just a tease to the rest they have to show and offer about it at E3. I mean c'mon they didn't even show the system. And don't take this the wrong way I'm not bitchen at you or nagging, i just thought i needed to express my opinion on the matter since i feel different about the fact.
Message 90 of 144 (123 Views)
0 Likes