Umbrella Scientist
13552 posts

Re: PS4 Setting up to be most colossal fail ever

Feb 21, 2013

The ps4 isn't out yet so calling it a failure before anyone has used it is very premature.

Message 61 of 144 (159 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Re: The PS4 Off-Topic Area Discussion Thread

Feb 21, 2013

The over focus on social aspects worries me.  It's that same focus on non-gaming related BS that turned me off of my 360.  I was hoping to see a PS4 centered primarily on games.  All of that said, it is a strong showing of the possibilities.  I think the no backwards compatability can be mitigated by DIGITAL DOWNLOADS (not streaming, because that requires a connection) and EMULATION (again not streaming, but an actual emulator built it or programmed in later).  If streaming is your only solution, it's a fundamental failure.

BF3 Stats

Xbox Gamer since 2008, bought a PS3 2013.
Message 62 of 144 (149 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Re: Do you have your money saved already for the PS4??

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

I do believe my Christmas bonus will cover this... So I look forward to the time.

Thats if it isnt constantly sold out locally.

nah ill hold off till march make sure there is no problems

Message 63 of 144 (137 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Feb 21, 2013

is it just me or does it seem like all the people saying the PS4 will fail/sucks/is bad/etc really havent done their homework on the system? Smiley Frustrated

most of their negative points seem to be rumors, things that arent true or just silly trivial issues.

Message 64 of 144 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Re: Wow PS4 but dont know what it can play or what games it has.

Feb 21, 2013

I'd be shocked if blu ray is not on the PS4, but other than that they're most likely going to announce more stuff around E3. 

Message 65 of 144 (167 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17674 posts

Feb 21, 2013

THEGREENSKEEPER wrote:

The ps4 isn't out yet so calling it a failure before anyone has used it is very premature.

I was thinking immature as well.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 66 of 144 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Its not backwards compatible with PS3. It'd be easier if you just watched the conference. They went over a ton of stuff.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 67 of 144 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013
I take it that you never actually watched the conference?

The PS4 will not be compatible with PS3 discs.
Essentially the same stream of leaks that revealed the controller before the presentation (which was correct) also posted release timeframe (which was also correct) also stated two tiers of platform. Tier 1 for $429 and Tier 2 for $529. The same stream also stated Blu-Ray will be on board... naturally. Blu-ray is doing really well, why would they suddenly change formats?

And --- 'over 4 years' is actually almost 7 years.

And --- $250? You better start shopping for a Wii U because the PS4 is certainly too rich for your blood. You can expect $399 at the lowest.
Message 68 of 144 (150 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6759 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Hey all, 

Don't forget to leave your feedback/concerns in the official thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/Official-PlayStation2013-Discussion-Thread/m-p/...

Message 69 of 144 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2155 posts

My Review of Ps4

Feb 21, 2013

Well this is my take on what I feel about the PS4 of what was said at the "PlayStation Event".  Keep in mind this is my opinion as a Die Hard PlayStation Fan.  I am a nobody, but so are 90% of PlayStation Gamers, and the NOBODY made PlayStation.

Hardware:  Now they stated it would have a x86 Chip, and 8Gb of memory, but failed to say how much storage space it was going to have.  I believe it should be no less than 1Tb Drive as there will be a lot of downloading of games.  Just wait and see on this.

Software: 

Sharing:Having people watch you play won't be any concern to me, also having people take over your controller if needed is kind of retarded.  That is the meaning of playing a game, the self gratification of completing something that was hard to accomplish.

Possible Cross Game Chat:  I did notice that when "David Perry" started talking about Social Gaming  how players can join you in a game, where you can have them send messages, he also stated and I quote: "You can solicit support from them, you can trash talk them, or even be inside a different game".  So did he mean Cross Game Chat I don't know, but it did seem like it.

Controller: 

Look of the controller: I am very happy they kept the look of the PS3 controller, can't tell you how happy I am. 

Touchpad: On the other hand what is that SMALL touchpad doing on the remote (reminds me of a trackpad on a laptop).   How can you click/move anything on such a small surface.  I was all for touch function on the controller, but what they did just seems pointless.  So I am a little disappointed.

Share Button:  One of the biggest features I wanted for PS3.  The ability to record Gameplay.  Just hope you can share it with Youtube and not crappy Facebook.

Headphone Jack:  Now you will be able to plug in your own headphones right to the controller making any headphone wireless, big plus for people that don't have a wireless headset.

Stereo Camera:  Don't really have an opinion on that, but why would you need to track the controller? Who knows.

Interface:

XMB: I do like the way the new XMB looks.  Looks fresh and vibrant. 

Social Network:  All of the Social crap is not needed for me.  I would not put my real name and picture on there.  Why have real info about me, that is what a Social Website if for.  Seems to me that they are trying to take the idea from crappy Facebook.  Seeing how many people use that and so they make a console based around it.  This is a Gaming Console SONY, not a Social Network BOX.  You are starting to steer off of the gaming aspect and get into more social gaming.  When I join online in BF3 I don't add everyone to my friends list I play against, so what's the point?

Personalized: Now that cool, can't tell you how much stuff I scan thru.  Although the layout looks kind of like Windows8.

Smart Phones and Tablets:  Being able to watch videos and set matches on them is pointless.  Why set a match when I am not even at the PS4. 

Remote Play: That's a big plus for me, as using the Vita to play PS4 games will be cool.  Just hope they let you navigate the PS4 XMB just like you were using the PS4 on your TV.  So you can do everything you could on the PS4, on your Vita.

Games:  Now I am not going to go into games that much, because games come and go, but the hardware stays.

Sorry if it is a little jumbled, just wanted to give my thoughts. 

As of what I know right now (which is VERY LITTLE), if the PS4 was on sale today I would wait.  Just don't make it like another Facebook.  Seems like PS4 is turning into a Social Network Box and less like a Gaming Console.  I am 50/50 right now, just hope they turn around and make this a killer machine.  I love Sony I do, just the PS4 has not sparked my interest.

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 70 of 144 (148 Views)