First Son
24 posts

Re: PS4 Setting up to be most colossal fail ever

Feb 21, 2013
Sony, please let there be a version of the console that comes out on release that plays PS1/2/3 discs with true backwards compatibility. I have been a long time early adopter of your products (only the Vita I have yet to buy or be an early adopter cause the lack of support for old PSP games if I already own the UMD made me sad) and I would happily buy a PS4 on release if you provide true backwards compatibility. Love the other features btw. Though I like the old interface of PS3 more.
Message 41 of 144 (188 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Re: The PS4 Off-Topic Area Discussion Thread

Feb 21, 2013
Sony, please let there be a version of the console that comes out on release that plays PS1/2/3 discs with true backwards compatibility. I have been a long time early adopter of your products (only the Vita I have yet to buy or be an early adopter cause the lack of support for old PSP games if I already own the UMD made me sad) and I would happily buy a PS4 on release if you provide true backwards compatibility. Love the other features btw. Though I like the old interface of PS3 more.
Message 42 of 144 (249 Views)
MVP Support
18928 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Vicioussama wrote:

It was said that PS3 will be streamed and later on PS2 and PS1. But who knows, maybe they will have all libraries ready for day one

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 43 of 144 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Is this true about PS4?

Feb 21, 2013
I heard 2 things that I think are false, but I just want to be sure.

1. PS4 will have no games on CD.

2. PS4 will be online only no single player. <---- I think this is BS but i'll throw it in.

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I just wanted to ask.
Message 44 of 144 (187 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Don't get rid of the share button, that was the #1 thing on my PS4 wishlist. It's not for sharing what game your playing, or updating a status people! It let's you record your gameplay and upload it to the Internet, which literally thousands of people do already. This would replace screen-capture programs and make it so everyone can make good quality gaming videos without having to buy some external hardware that costs $100 or more, and requires a computer near your system! This is an awesome idea, I think less than 10% actually want it removed.

I have an idea for something that you can add to the PS4. Think about how man individuals want/do create good video games, and how hard it is to share your amazing creations. As of now, the only way to make a game is with a PC, and it's difficult for individuals to create games to share with other people, let alone share with those on consoles. If the PS4 comes with an on-board Dev-Kit, you could easily steal customers from Microsoft, Nintendo, and maybe even some PC users!

So you think it'd be difficult to make games using a PS4? Not necessarily. The key to easy use is Media Molecule. They've developed some amazing things that you could use to make it easy to create your own 3D models/environments/skeletons/animations and an easy way to program! In LittleBigPlanet 2, when you create your own map, you have access to items that allow easy 3 dimmensional programming! So the programming wouldn't be too difficult on the PlayStation.

That wasn't the major challenge, however. That was a minor one. The key issue is creating a program that allows you to create 3D models and animations using your console. That, however, is also overcome by Media Molecule. Last night during PlayStation's Live Stream, Media Molecule showed off their unique use of the PS Move to create 3D models. Boom, problem solved once again to Media Molecule. It would also be easy to use the PS Move to create skeleton rigs for animations.

The final problem presented is custom textures. This can once again be overcome with the PS Move. All you would need is a program like Gimp or Photoshop that will allow you to use your Move controller to paint on a canvas, then apply that texture to your 3D models! Not too difficult, actually.

Now, why would people want to do this on a console when you can do this on a PC? Well, the problem with PC is it can be very difficult to share your games (especially 3D games) with other people, and then only PC users can access it if they're even looking for it. If you create a central HUB for the PlayStation where people can upload their games that they made on their console, then people can easily share their creations with everyone on a PlayStation, and it would also be very easy for other people to find and download your work to play it, not to mention that you could play other people's games.

One final feature that's not as important, but would be really cool, would be the ability to drag-and-drop 3D models/characters/programming from your favorite games into your Workshop to make your own game using professional's models. I know there'd be some copyright trouble, so I won't demand that to go with it.

I think that most people who play games would also like to play them, and a lot of the time they don't have the resources to do so. If the PlayStation comes with a Dev-Kit, it will draw those who are on other consoles over to them because it offers something that they want that only PlayStation could offer. I know a lot of people might not want it, but I think a lot of people would love the ability to make their own games on a console and share them with the world. Just because some people don't want it doesn't mean it shouldn't come with it, they just don't have to use it. Just like if you don't want the share button don't use it!

Anyone agree with me or have some idea to tweak my own? Come on people, lets get Sony to really do this! One of the points Sony made when talking about the PlayStation is to make it easy for small game developers to make games for their console, what better way to address the minority than this?

Message 45 of 144 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

Photobucket
Message 46 of 144 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Not convinced at all S-O-N-Y. Fix the Socom franchise..you know? the franchise that built your online community.

Also how could you even think of launching the PS4 with out SOCOM.

Message 47 of 144 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

KnightRid wrote:

I agree it will be a huge fail.

I have had every PS console but I will not be buying this because I really do not see it as "next-gen". I said it on the blog and I will say it here, no ps3 compatibility is a major FAIL and Sony will lose tons of sales because of it. Don't even start on that ludicrous speech about having PS3 games playable by streaming on GaiKai (or however you spell it) because without a massive internet pipeline, it wont matter. I would also imagine Sony will charge you again to play those PS3 games just like they have done with the PS2 and PS1 stuff. Buy our product for your console today and we will charge you again tomorrow to play it somewhere else.

GPU being enhanced. Seriously. Wow. I am just awestruck at the "enhanced" stuff on this GPU. Maybe it is "enhanced" because it was blessed by a monk? Just like every other GPU, it will be outdated with 2 years max for gamers unless the quality is kept below what PC games are.

Touchscreen in the middle of the controller? Oh thank you Sony for answering my dreams about how to add useless items to a controller so you can copy Nintendo. Wow, I am so thankful *sigh* So now you have to hold your controller in front of your eyes so you can see the touchscreen to make it useful. If you can't see it, you can't use it, so it is useless. Start practicing holding that controller up there ladies and gents.

Downloading things you think I will buy? ROFLMAO again, FAIL Limited bandwidth, limited available GB for downloading, etc. Those things make this idea one of the dumbest I have heard. If you can't wait for a game to be downloaded in a couple hours then you have a problem and someone needs to take your console and show you that bright yellow thing in the sky. Basically, you need a life.

Integrated Facecrap - OMG, ursokool. I can see this for the kids but with Facecrap losing thousands of people daily and even more that are just letting accounts sit idle, is this really a feature to be bragging about? Maybe Johnny 12 year old will think it is awesome, as long as mommy and daddy will buy him a new console. Facebook has become a marketing gimmick that is pushing products to buy because it has lost its way.

Share gameplay footage. Wow. Other than saying to check out that yellow circle in the sky on occasion, I have to say this is sad. Your life is that awful that you want to sit and watch another person play a game or watch their video of them playing the game? People spend money to buy hardware to do this? Wow, I hope you can make some money at it.

Vita is already a FAIL so saying the same things you have said from the beginning of the Vita still doesn't make them true. How far have Vita sales fallen Sony? Smiley Wink Yea, welcome to the figures for the PS4.

I was a huge believer in moving to a console for gaming just because the stuff worked, until I started to really play a lot of different games that caused lockups, slow downs, etc. I can understand some bugs as long as they get fixed. Selling bugged games that will always have those bugs in them is horrid and I am hoping there is a class action suit one of these days that will bankrupt the developers for making people pay for crap.

Oh well ,I wont be buying a PS4 until PS3 play for my 40+ games is guaranteed, you can turn off the download for me crap, you can disable and totally remove and reference to Facecrap and the price drops to around $250. Premium price is for premium features and this doesn't have them.

Fanbois rip away but look at the actual facts first. WHAT is next-gen about this? WHAT is Sony pushing on you? If you know enough about hardware and software you will understand, if not, look it up.

Actually, THIS post is the most colossal failure ever.

Photobucket
Message 48 of 144 (179 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6759 posts

Feb 21, 2013
Message 49 of 144 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56256 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Trawnza wrote:

Don't forget to leave your feedback here too:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/Official-PlayStation2013-Discussion-Thread/m-p/...

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Should we just put this one and all the ones from here in there for now?  If that works better just lock this one up!  I'll report myself so you see this Smiley Tongue

Message 50 of 144 (205 Views)
0 Likes