Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Re: Oblivionnnnn - :)

Jan 24, 2007

Rayzn1 wrote:
I have it for the Xbox 360 and PC and I just couldn't get into it and I really like RPGs. I got as far as the race to be in the thieves guild. I usually spent most of my time just messing around and didn't folliw the story line much so maybe that's why.

depends on what kind of RPG's you like, if you like FF type then Oblivion definantly isn't your game.
(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
*New Game* Infinite Undiscovery
*New DVD* Protest The Hero
*New CD* System Divide - The Conscious Sedation

LoTGD ~!~ RBN ~!~ got xheevos? ~!~ XNA Club ~!~ ** PS Past #1** ~!~ twitter
Message 20 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15867 posts

Jan 24, 2007
I'll be picking this up for PS3, but please tell me it's less addicting than, say, Runescape or WoW...
Message 21 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13470 posts

Jan 24, 2007
I want that game, it looks awesomeSmiley Happy

Message 22 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Jan 24, 2007
It's overrated. I have it for the Xbox 360 and it's too complicated and boring for me. I prefer games like Fable that feature a similar sort of system yet enables you to get in to the storyline easier and know what to do and where to go easily.
Message 23 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Jan 24, 2007

thatonekid393 wrote:
I'll be picking this up for PS3, but please tell me it's less addicting than, say, Runescape or WoW...

its not an online game so you can play at your leisure and I haven't played either of those games but heres a little inside look.  Can't really speak for PS3 but for example with the 360, the achievements for the storyline is a given but each guild has a rank system and to reach the top in each will take alot of time.  Especially the thieve's guild, lots of sneaking around after dusk and picking locks.  To reach 1000 achievement points took me roughly 150 hours of gametime and I still didn't do ALOT of quests and didn't get all the deadric artifacts.  This game is HUGE! and has a billion things to do in it.  It will consume you.

Message 24 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10631 posts

Jan 24, 2007

carbonox_ratchet wrote:
It's overrated. I have it for the Xbox 360 and it's too complicated and boring for me. I prefer games like Fable that feature a similar sort of system yet enables you to get in to the storyline easier and know what to do and where to go easily.

That's what I thought until I realized what I was doing wrong.  It's such a hugely non-linear game that it's easy to end up not actually doing anything.  I would start a quest line like the Dark Brotherhood or the main quest and stick to it.  You can also turn down the difficulty in the gameplay options.
Message 25 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10631 posts

Jan 24, 2007

Kamekazeant wrote:

Solid_Raiden wrote:
So I got oblivion today, hooked already. I just made it out of the caves. woo.. millions more storey to go!

Well anyways would anyone wanna chat about oblivion, state your stuff about your char, give some pointers and noob* tips and what not??

**Im the noob.

1. DO NOT PAY for the Horse Armor.
2. The thieves guild will save you alot of money if you like to randomly steal from or kill people.
3. The Dark Brotherhood is IMHO the best quest line in the game. It breaks the cookie cutter "go here,kill him,grab this item"  monotony a few times Plus you get some awesome items.
4. Get the Wizards Tower. It will help alot.
5. Lock Picks are invaluable when you are starting out. Horde them.

Also do the Skeleton Key quest as soon as you can (level 10, maybe?) that starts at the Shrine of the Noctournal.  It's an unbreakable lockpick, easily one of the most useful things in the game.
Message 26 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jan 24, 2007
Congrats. Oblivion is a great game.

I recommend the Dark Brotherhood or the Thieves Guild. Both very fun. Depends if you like sneaking around, or killing everything in sight.
Firefox 2
Message 27 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Jan 24, 2007

Spo8 wrote:

Kamekazeant wrote:

Solid_Raiden wrote:
So I got oblivion today, hooked already. I just made it out of the caves. woo.. millions more storey to go!

Well anyways would anyone wanna chat about oblivion, state your stuff about your char, give some pointers and noob* tips and what not??

**Im the noob.

1. DO NOT PAY for the Horse Armor.
2. The thieves guild will save you alot of money if you like to randomly steal from or kill people.
3. The Dark Brotherhood is IMHO the best quest line in the game. It breaks the cookie cutter "go here,kill him,grab this item"  monotony a few times Plus you get some awesome items.
4. Get the Wizards Tower. It will help alot.
5. Lock Picks are invaluable when you are starting out. Horde them.

Also do the Skeleton Key quest as soon as you can (level 10, maybe?) that starts at the Shrine of the Noctournal.  It's an unbreakable lockpick, easily one of the most useful things in the game.

yeah but then you can't gain levels in lockpick.  Just join the thieve's guild and you can buy the picks by the 100's for real cheap.

Message 28 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1441 posts

Jan 24, 2007
My save in Oblivion got screwed up, and I can't progress any farther in the main quest After I finished the Defense for Bruma quest neither Martin nor Jauffre will give me the next quest   I spent countless hours playing Oblivion, and now I am going to have to start over

Message 29 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes