Reply
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22378 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Nov 3, 2013

Box9Missingo wrote:

Sarobi wrote:
The fact that some people still think it's just an add-on to the original Wii.. just shows they need to do more with it. I was literally in shock when a friend told me not long ago that he had no idea Wii U was a whole new console.

Didn't know that people thought that. But I can kind of see how they might... it does look similar to the Wii. Will be getting one myself someday. For what it's worth. Hopefully things will start to look up for it. It would be a shame if it didn't work out. There are some innovative things that can be done to make games more immersive in terms of the gamepad.



it's nintendo's fault..

 

for me.. someone who is not a gamer of nintendo system..   i wanted to buy a DS for a cousin.. since she might like it more than me..   but honestly i have no ideal what system are available now.. and the different between the DS that they have..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 41 of 52 (73 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/09/2011
Offline
1873 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Nov 3, 2013

the thing is, Nintendo has done horrible at marketing.  Most people don't even know that nintendo has a new console.  A lot of people just think the Wii U is an extension to the wii...

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 42 of 52 (71 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/18/2012
Offline
4354 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Nov 3, 2013
Nintendo's next console needs to be called something new. Not Wii U2 or 4DS. What Nintendo needs is something from scratch.
Message 43 of 52 (65 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
12549 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Nov 3, 2013

rengle598 wrote:
Nintendo's next console needs to be called something new. Not Wii U2 or 4DS. What Nintendo needs is something from scratch.

Agreed. It would be nice to see a new system from them that isn't derivative from previous ones. It's been awhile since they've made a console like that.

smdedspace2.png


Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 44 of 52 (60 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22378 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2013

Box9Missingo wrote:

rengle598 wrote:
Nintendo's next console needs to be called something new. Not Wii U2 or 4DS. What Nintendo needs is something from scratch.

Agreed. It would be nice to see a new system from them that isn't derivative from previous ones. It's been awhile since they've made a console like that.


i don't know.. it worked well for xbox and playstation..

 

so i guess nintendo do thought ..  why not?

 

PS 1 -4

Xbox - 360 - one

 

so nintendo thought.. why not do the same.. and just keep the name of my most sucessfull systems   Wii and DS...   and just add letters/ numbers in front or after it?

 

since that's what the other guys are doing!!   LOL Smiley Happy

 

 

either that or maybe Nintendo needs to come up with they own gaming logo..

 

since Sony -- it's Playstation

Microsoft  -  it's Xbox


so what's it for Nintendo?..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 45 of 52 (53 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
12549 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2013

dulun18 wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

rengle598 wrote:
Nintendo's next console needs to be called something new. Not Wii U2 or 4DS. What Nintendo needs is something from scratch.

Agreed. It would be nice to see a new system from them that isn't derivative from previous ones. It's been awhile since they've made a console like that.


i don't know.. it worked well for xbox and playstation..

 

so i guess nintendo do thought ..  why not?

 

PS 1 -4

Xbox - 360 - one

 

so nintendo thought.. why not do the same.. and just keep the name of my most sucessfull systems   Wii and DS...   and just add letters/ numbers in front or after it?

 

since that's what the other guys are doing!!   LOL Smiley Happy

 

 

either that or maybe Nintendo needs to come up with they own gaming logo..

 

since Sony -- it's Playstation

Microsoft  -  it's Xbox


so what's it for Nintendo?..


Good point.

 

They did that for the Game Cube. But they didn't do that much imo, for either the Wii or the Wii U.

 

I remember an animated Wii logo for the Wii, but I'm not sure what they've done for the Wii U,

 

Also, just found out on another forum that Nintendo has come up with the Wii Mini...

 

Not kidding

 

Disclaimer: from Nintendo.com

 

So there goes the Wii U. And here comes another system to get confused with it and the Wii. Not to mention that you can't play any games online -_-. Seriously, Nintendo?

smdedspace2.png


Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 46 of 52 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/22/2011
Offline
2599 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Nov 5, 2013
They should of did what was recommended before.
Drop home consoles and do mobile instead. They are king in terms of portable gaming, but recently their hardware in home consoles are lacking.
Message 47 of 52 (34 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/21/2012
Offline
3407 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Nov 5, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:
They should of did what was recommended before.
Drop home consoles and do mobile instead. They are king in terms of portable gaming, but recently their hardware in home consoles are lacking.

I think Nintendo would rather stick with home consoles. Odd considering with the success of the Game Boy Advance, the Nintendo DS, and now the 3DS & 2DS.

 photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 48 of 52 (32 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
12549 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Nov 5, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:
They should of did what was recommended before.
Drop home consoles and do mobile instead. They are king in terms of portable gaming, but recently their hardware in home consoles are lacking.

Yea their portable consoles are doing ok. Other than getting rid of Swapnote... nice one Nintendo, a lot of people liked to use it... -_-, it's been fine.

 

Don't mind the Wii though, mines around 6 years old or so, and only had a slight fan issue that I straightened out with a q-tip. Had to get it unstuck so it would start moving again. Now it's working nicely. The Wii U almost seems like an identity crisis for them, like they weren't entirely sure of what direction to go in.

smdedspace2.png


Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 49 of 52 (32 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/22/2011
Offline
2599 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Nov 5, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:
They should of did what was recommended before.
Drop home consoles and do mobile instead. They are king in terms of portable gaming, but recently their hardware in home consoles are lacking.

I think Nintendo would rather stick with home consoles. Odd considering with the success of the Game Boy Advance, the Nintendo DS, and now the 3DS & 2DS.


Actually pretty much every nintendo handheld outsold the competition. 

Message 50 of 52 (30 Views)
Reply
0 Likes