Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Oct 31, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

My brother and I were just talking about this last week. We were discussing how sad it was to see Nintendo continue to fall from grace.

Sadly, just as they did to Sega and Nintendo, surely it will even happen to Sony and Microsoft one day. 

I've yet to buy a Wii U, but I plan to once the price drops a little more. I sincerely hope to see Nintendo dust themselves off and really come out with something that competes with the PlayStation and Xbox brands, in the future.

Hell, I even hope to see Sega get back into the console market someday. Smiley Tongue

Though, I doubt that will ever happen...

I doubt Nintendo will die because of the Wii U. The 3DS is doing AMAZING sales-wise in all regions. And they mentioned having a huge bank account from the Wii

I doubt they will too. I didn't say or imply that Nintendo was going to die. I meant they are just not the kings of video game consoles, like they were in the past.

This is too true. I truly like Nintendo, but they need to pick their audience and stick to it. They relied to heavily on their console being a fad like the Wii. They expected tons of sales and stores were full of them at launch. And few games for their hardcore audience are currently available, so they don't even have that to get by on.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 21 of 52 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9001 posts

Oct 31, 2013
I'm sure the "U" has paid for itself by now...
Message 22 of 52 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7121 posts

Oct 31, 2013

Zorrillo90 wrote:

It's because Nintendo didn't choose to compete with Sony, they didn't care about specs, they thought people were okay buying a New Super Mario Bros. every year with few graphical changes and a couple of extra perks, in my opinion they need make 3d version like Mario 64, and RPG versions of all of their popular i.e. Zelda and Metroid RPG, they also need a Pokemon Coliseum game like for the Wii U if they don't want to compete with Sony, they're committing suicide on purpose in my opinion just like Xbox is doing and I feel like they want to blame us for emulating all of their last gen console on PC for free which isn't the truth about the Wii U sales, it's their fault.

I'm okay if Xbox  and Microsoft go bankrupt and completely disappear from the gaming industries and maybe even from the history of humanity but I'm going to miss Nintendo if they go awayanyway I don't think gaming it's going to last foreverlet's enjoy it while we can.

Actually  sony  has gotten  very  good partnership with big japanese/eu companies  in the tech area so  nintendo cant compete in the spec area.

They played their hand buying up all  rpg compaines almst 89% in japan  and sony played it hand  getting all tech  giants for specs..   So this is why  ds is selling more. BUt  wii- u is not  Until they find a way to  bring those rpg games to  wii- u and they look good.  Its going  gonna be long   walk..

ninendo will  might go hand held  for while. I dont think they will go under

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 23 of 52 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5166 posts

Oct 31, 2013

One thing you gotta give credit to Nintendo for, their consoles are usually inexpensive and backwards compatible.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
225+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 24 of 52 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Oct 31, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

One thing you gotta give credit to Nintendo for, their consoles are usually inexpensive and backwards compatible.

Their recent consoles have had some good things about them. I actually like the tablet controller of the Wii U. Too bad it is half the cost of the system Smiley Frustrated

Message 25 of 52 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
683 posts

Oct 31, 2013
I'm glad the Wii U is selling poorly.

It might force Armor, Level 5 and Squenix to finally bring Dragon Quest back to it's rightful home - Playstation. Smiley Happy
Message 26 of 52 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

Oct 31, 2013

A new IP in the last 15 years wouldn't have hurt.

I don't know, I like the Wiis (for what they cost). Hated the N64 & Gamecube. Hurt just to even look at those eye sores.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 27 of 52 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Oct 31, 2013
They need to start having better specs. They're still on ps2 graphics for goods sake. I wish to play a Mario game with ps4 graphics. Now that would be awesome.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 52 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Oct 31, 2013

teeborg wrote:

A new IP in the last 15 years wouldn't have hurt.

I don't know, I like the Wiis (for what they cost). Hated the N64 & Gamecube. Hurt just to even look at those eye sores.

You like the Wiis...but hated the Gamecube and N64?

The Wii/Wii U had a designated audience- the casual market. The Gamecube and N64 aimed at the Nintendo fans (the casual market had not arisen yet). The N64 and Gamecube have a ton of great games that wer enew and exciting (some of which are now cult-classics).

The Wii had some gems, but it was focused on young kids which meant only some first party games went outside the basic formulas for the key franchises.

Message 29 of 52 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6935 posts

Oct 31, 2013

I think Nintendo should just make another console but that would just make the Wii U one of the most pointless platforms ever made and they'd lose plenty of money. I don' t know what's worse the Wii U or the Virtual Boy.

Message 30 of 52 (52 Views)
0 Likes