Limit Breaker
22906 posts

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Oct 30, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

The system is fine. That is the hilarious thing. The Wii U is a fine console and has many good features. The only issue right now is a lack of content. And you bet E3 will be Wii U-based. 

it's just like the Vita

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 52 (107 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Oct 30, 2013

dulun18 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

The system is fine. That is the hilarious thing. The Wii U is a fine console and has many good features. The only issue right now is a lack of content. And you bet E3 will be Wii U-based. 

it's just like the Vita

That is a good comparison, actually. The only difference is that the Vita is more powerful than its competitors. But, yeah, the lack of games is killing both of them.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 12 of 52 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22906 posts

Oct 30, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

it's just like the Vita

That is a good comparison, actually. The only difference is that the Vita is more powerful than its competitors. But, yeah, the lack of games is killing both of them.

i think Nintendo dropped the price of the WII U already right?...

if yes.... then i guess the price cut didn't do much either... ?...  they have to do something about it....

this is just my opinion.. but it's like the Wii U is being left behind.. with people thinking that it's the last gen console or something?..   with the ps4 and box 1  coming with 2-3 weeks..

Message 13 of 52 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Oct 30, 2013

dulun18 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

it's just like the Vita

i think Nintendo dropped the price of the WII U already right?...

if yes.... then i guess the price cut didn't do much either... ?...  they have to do something about it....

this is just my opinion.. but it's like the Wii U is being left behind.. with people thinking that it's the last gen console or something?..   with the ps4 and box 1  coming with 2-3 weeks..

It is not the price or the generation for the people I know. It is always just the lack of compelling software. People do not care enough about New Super Mario Bros. U. They want Mario Kart and Smash Bros. 

Message 14 of 52 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Oct 30, 2013

My brother and I were just talking about this last week. We were discussing how sad it was to see Nintendo continue to fall from grace.

Sadly, just as they did to Sega and Nintendo, surely it will even happen to Sony and Microsoft one day. 

I've yet to buy a Wii U, but I plan to once the price drops a little more. I sincerely hope to see Nintendo dust themselves off and really come out with something that competes with the PlayStation and Xbox brands, in the future.

Hell, I even hope to see Sega get back into the console market someday. Smiley Tongue

Though, I doubt that will ever happen...

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 15 of 52 (96 Views)
Limit Breaker
22906 posts

Oct 30, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Sadly, just as they did to Sega and Nintendo, surely it will even happen to Sony and Microsoft one day. 

actually..  sony was in the same situation 

PS3..  $600 era...      and the vita.. but they are hanging in there...

PS3 didn't do so bad as many predicted..

only time will tell...

Message 16 of 52 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Oct 30, 2013

It's because Nintendo didn't choose to compete with Sony, they didn't care about specs, they thought people were okay buying a New Super Mario Bros. every year with few graphical changes and a couple of extra perks, in my opinion they need make 3d version like Mario 64, and RPG versions of all of their popular i.e. Zelda and Metroid RPG, they also need a Pokemon Coliseum game like for the Wii U if they don't want to compete with Sony, they're committing suicide on purpose in my opinion just like Xbox is doing and I feel like they want to blame us for emulating all of their last gen console on PC for free which isn't the truth about the Wii U sales, it's their fault.

I'm okay if Xbox  and Microsoft go bankrupt and completely disappear from the gaming industries and maybe even from the history of humanity but I'm going to miss Nintendo if they go awayanyway I don't think gaming it's going to last foreverlet's enjoy it while we can.

Message 17 of 52 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Oct 30, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

My brother and I were just talking about this last week. We were discussing how sad it was to see Nintendo continue to fall from grace.

I've yet to buy a Wii U, but I plan to once the price drops a little more. I sincerely hope to see Nintendo dust themselves off and really come out with something that competes with the PlayStation and Xbox brands, in the future.

Hell, I even hope to see Sega get back into the console market someday. Smiley Tongue

I doubt Nintendo will die because of the Wii U. The 3DS is doing AMAZING sales-wise in all regions. And they mentioned having a huge bank account from the Wii

Message 18 of 52 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Oct 31, 2013

dulun18 wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

actually..  sony was in the same situation 

PS3..  $600 era...      and the vita.. but they are hanging in there...

PS3 didn't do so bad as many predicted..

only time will tell...

Not the same thing. Sega was put out of the console market completely, by that beast known as the PS1. (Such a bully! Smiley Tongue)

And the PS3 was expensive, sure, but they were always in the mix. It was either PS3 or Xbox 360, with a Wii on the side.

Even though the Nintendo Wii was selling more than either, it was a novelty. It was never even a threat to the "popularity" of the 360 and PS3.

What I meant in my first post, is that one day the PlayStation and the Xbox brands will cease to exist. [Anew contender(swill riselike the PlayStation and Xbox didand will knock them off their thronesAnd more than likely, this will cause Sony and/or Microsoft to even leave the console market completely. It is foolish to believe they will always be here, like Nintendo has all these years. And even though Nintendo is still here, they have taken a back seat to Sony and Microsoft's consoles.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 19 of 52 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Oct 31, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

I doubt Nintendo will die because of the Wii U. The 3DS is doing AMAZING sales-wise in all regions. And they mentioned having a huge bank account from the Wii

I doubt they will too. I didn't say or imply that Nintendo was going to die. I meant they are just not the kings of video game consoles, like they were in the past.

Message 20 of 52 (75 Views)
0 Likes