Reply
Oct 30 2013
By: dulun18 Limit Breaker 22468 posts
Offline

The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

51 replies 224 views Edited Oct 30, 2013

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/203579/The_Nintendo_Wii_U_continues_to_sell_poorly.php

 

i'm sure they made plenty of profits with the wii... maybe it's time to think of something else....

 

 

 

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 52 (224 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Offline
13564 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Oct 30, 2013

dulun18 wrote:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/203579/The_Nintendo_Wii_U_continues_to_sell_poorly.php

 

i'm sure they made plenty of profits with the wii... maybe it's time to think of something else....

 

 

 


No.

 

No no no.

 

I need my console Zelda, Metroid, and Super Smash.

 

Then they can do whatever they want.

 

I'll be happy after that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 52 (208 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/23/2013
Online
2971 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Oct 30, 2013

I have no interest in the Wii U, but if there was a Metroid Prime 4...

I really, really want MP4. 

 photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 3 of 52 (204 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22468 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/203579/The_Nintendo_Wii_U_continues_to_sell_poorly.php

 

i'm sure they made plenty of profits with the wii... maybe it's time to think of something else....

 

 

 


No.

 

No no no.

 

I need my console Zelda, Metroid, and Super Smash.

 

Then they can do whatever they want.

 

I'll be happy after that.


didn't they already release Zelda?  (stated in the article.. )

 

"Nintendo was unable to hide its disappointment in its financial quarter report, noting that the releases of Pikmin 3 and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD have done little to turn the tide for the console."

 

 

I don't know.. .. i don't follow nintendo much.. since most of their games are of no interest to me..  and i'm the type that ill not buy a system just for a few games...

 

I  played mario on NES before.. but the only nintendo system i have is the Gameboy Advance...

 

back then.. there are people who will argue that GRAPHIC is not important... etc..   which is correct.. if the game is great..

 

but with the trend we are heading.. it's like graphic and powerful hardware is expected...  which pretty much leaving the wii u last gen system in comparison...

 

hey.. but the wii u was released early.. so maybe 2014 they can release a NEW console --replacing the wii u..   who knows...

 

 


only time will tell how long nintendo will keep things going how it is.....

 

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 52 (199 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 06/22/2013
Offline
666 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Oct 30, 2013
Open world Pokemon RPG. You are welcome for the millions of consoles sold, Nintendo.
Message 5 of 52 (196 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Offline
13564 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Oct 30, 2013

dulun18 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/203579/The_Nintendo_Wii_U_continues_to_sell_poorly.php

 

i'm sure they made plenty of profits with the wii... maybe it's time to think of something else....

 

 

 


No.

 

No no no.

 

I need my console Zelda, Metroid, and Super Smash.

 

Then they can do whatever they want.

 

I'll be happy after that.


didn't they already release Zelda?  (stated in the article.. )

 

"Nintendo was unable to hide its disappointment in its financial quarter report, noting that the releases of Pikmin 3 and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD have done little to turn the tide for the console."

 

 

I don't know.. .. i don't follow nintendo much.. since most of their games are of no interest to me..  and i'm the type that ill not buy a system just for a few games...

 

I  played mario on NES before.. but the only nintendo system i have is the Gameboy Advance...

 

back then.. there are people who will argue that GRAPHIC is not important... etc..   which is correct.. if the game is great..

 

but with the trend we are heading.. it's like graphic and powerful hardware is expected...  which pretty much leaving the wii u last gen system in comparison...

 

hey.. but the wii u was released early.. so maybe 2014 they can release a NEW console --replacing the wii u..   who knows...

 

 


only time will tell how long nintendo will keep things going how it is.....

 


I mean an ACTUAL Zelda game.

 

Not a remake.

 

And no, releasing a new console would just kill them faster. Current Wii U owners would feel betrayed, and wouldn't even bother buying it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 52 (196 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2009
Offline
13184 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Oct 30, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/203579/The_Nintendo_Wii_U_continues_to_sell_poorly.php

 

i'm sure they made plenty of profits with the wii... maybe it's time to think of something else....

 

 

 


No.

 

No no no.

 

I need my console Zelda, Metroid, and Super Smash.

 

Then they can do whatever they want.

 

I'll be happy after that.


didn't they already release Zelda?  (stated in the article.. )

 

"Nintendo was unable to hide its disappointment in its financial quarter report, noting that the releases of Pikmin 3 and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD have done little to turn the tide for the console."

 

 

I don't know.. .. i don't follow nintendo much.. since most of their games are of no interest to me..  and i'm the type that ill not buy a system just for a few games...

 

I  played mario on NES before.. but the only nintendo system i have is the Gameboy Advance...

 

back then.. there are people who will argue that GRAPHIC is not important... etc..   which is correct.. if the game is great..

 

but with the trend we are heading.. it's like graphic and powerful hardware is expected...  which pretty much leaving the wii u last gen system in comparison...

 

hey.. but the wii u was released early.. so maybe 2014 they can release a NEW console --replacing the wii u..   who knows...

 

 


only time will tell how long nintendo will keep things going how it is.....

 


I mean an ACTUAL Zelda game.

 

Not a remake.

 

And no, releasing a new console would just kill them faster. Current Wii U owners would feel betrayed, and wouldn't even bother buying it.


If its a Upgrade version of Wii U then they could ex-change them for no extra cost

 photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 7 of 52 (194 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22468 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Oct 30, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

I mean an ACTUAL Zelda game.

Not a remake.

And no, releasing a new console would just kill them faster. Current Wii U owners would feel betrayed, and wouldn't even bother buying it.


it's better than leaving it so late into a system cycle...


it's better to get out when it's still early...


nintendo has a strong user based from their wii and DS line..


anyway..  it's like nintendo is in the same situation as sony with their vita when it was first release....



i guess only time will tell..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 52 (181 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Oct 30, 2013

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:
Open world Pokemon RPG. You are welcome for the millions of consoles sold, Nintendo.

There is no point in doing that. The only thing I could see them doing with an RPG is if they made it HEAVILY story-based. Otherwise, every aspect is just as good or better suited for the handhelds. 

 

They could do all the regions, but that really is a lot of effort and does not translate well into the current game mechanics (levelling would have to be overhauled completely). 

 

They would need to make the graphics great, the story interesting, the characters would have to have more than one dimension, and the gameplay would have to be completely different. 

 

Is it possible? Yes. I personally think Ni No Kuni's battle system would fit it nicely. The game would have to be a lot more complex, though. And this totally turns off their key audience. 


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 9 of 52 (161 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: The Nintendo Wii U continues to sell poorly

Oct 30, 2013

Nintendo should not ditch the Wii U. The only people who own the Wii U currents are the hardcore Nintendo fans. Screwing over the last stronghold of your users is not good business. 

 

The system is fine. That is the hilarious thing. The Wii U is a fine console and has many good features. The only issue right now is a lack of content. And you bet E3 will be Wii U-based. 

 

They make good games and they cannot limit themselves to their handheld, regardless of how well it is selling by comparison. Nintendo consoles are the source of so many gems and losing those console developers would be terrible (even if they were turned/merged into handheld devs, it would not provide the same type of experience)


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 10 of 52 (157 Views)