Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Re: The New York Post, right, wrong, something else?

Dec 5, 2012

Will probably get off with some insanity plea.  Lame.  The system is really F'd now.  I don't expect any real justice.  At least they made an arrest though.

Although, I am sure it is all on surveillance video.  It is kind of hard to get away with anything.  This is mostly a good thing.

How long before the nightly news is showing video?  That would not shock me either.

Moble

Message 11 of 22 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Dec 5, 2012
Maybe.....they have video and video doesn't lie. Its really sad this has been in the news. Talk about not showing respect for the dead.
Message 12 of 22 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Yeah, after a horrible incident last month, I stopped watching the news all together.  There is no real point anymore.  Its is all trash.

Moble

Message 13 of 22 (102 Views)
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Speedy24xmax wrote:

Thats really messed up...

But believe it or not that is not the first time ive heard of something like that happening.

When I used to live in NY a few times I  heard either someone was pushed or someone fell onto the tracks leading up to death.

But that cameraman is wrong regardless he didnt even help. And being in NY I know there was more people around.There is alot of grimy people that would watch another person get hurt and just keep walking like nothing happened.

I dont know people can be really mean sometimes.

worst thing is when they land on the 3rd rail.

id much rather be hit by the train and killed instantly that die on the 3rd rail.

there was an incident earlier this year where a drunk man fell onto the tracks and touched the 3rd rail with a bunch of people on the platform. sad thing is once that happens theres nothing anyone can do until they turn the 3rd rail off.

but this is pretty insensitive. its nothing new to media though, capitalizing on death.

as for the photographer, cant really say if he was in the wrong. there may not have been enough time to pull him up and/or the photographer could have been to far away. either way he still snapped the pic, so that does say something about him.

Message 14 of 22 (98 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Just my opinion but I think it's disgusting that the news printed that photo. The victim and his family deserves better than that.

Message 15 of 22 (96 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40615 posts

Dec 5, 2012

rramsdell wrote:
Poilce made an arrest in this case. Not the guy who I wanted to go but the guy who pushed him is under arrest.

I hadn't heard that, I'm happy they got the guy, he appears to be some kind of "nut-job" so he'll probably end up sectioned somewhere!

As for the photographer, there was nothing to arrest him for rramsdel, if you're going to arrest him then you have to arrest everyone else on the platform or nearby.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 16 of 22 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Yeah, after a horrible incident last month, I stopped watching the news all together.  There is no real point anymore.  Its is all trash.

Moble

Yep, I only watch sports and weather, we have a very hot, very popular meteorologist.  I wont list her name . Our sports department is tops in the country. I hate the small chatter they do in between sessions.  Who knows if they really get along and if they really care.  

DON'T BECOME A MEDIA JUNKIE

Message 17 of 22 (86 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Dec 6, 2012

rramsdell wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

Yep, I only watch sports and weather, we have a very hot, very popular meteorologist.  I want list her name . Our sports department is tops in the country. I hate the small chatter they do in between sessions.  Who knows if they really get along and if they really care.  

DON'T BECOME A MEDIA JUNKIE

the weather guy on the channel i always watch is energetic, very tan, has bleached styled hair and wears flashy suits. yes, hes as badass as he sounds. Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 22 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

rramsdell wrote:
Poilce made an arrest in this case. Not the guy who I wanted to go but the guy who pushed him is under arrest.

I hadn't heard that, I'm happy they got the guy, he appears to be some kind of "nut-job" so he'll probably end up sectioned somewhere!

As for the photographer, there was nothing to arrest him for rramsdel, if you're going to arrest him then you have to arrest everyone else on the platform or nearby.

I understand about  the photographer was doing  somewhat.  But, people forget to help people when they maybe down in their luck.  And, have the attitude like they don't care, I'm better than you. When the truth comes out, this might of been a suicide, now I think about it.  It could've been set up, other people do help other die, and now the story been brain washed by the media.  We may not know the real story.  Still  be hard to prove it was a suicide.  Suspect, would have to admit.   It wouldn't be the first time New York City Police Department, took everybody.  Surprisde they didn't.  NY POST had time to really think about this before they printed it. This was this guy's lottery ticket by taken that photo but another man's death. Money can kill you.

Message 19 of 22 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Dec 6, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

I haven't watched the news in years becuase of this crap. If somthing major is going down I may tune in. But the day is more entertainment than news.

Message 20 of 22 (42 Views)