Big Daddy
20647 posts

Re: The New Layout

Jul 1, 2012

It's about time...good to be back.  I just hope it isn't too little too late.

Message 41 of 54 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

Jul 1, 2012

since lithium is back it would be nice to have our old PSU user...

Message 42 of 54 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Jul 1, 2012
I see Kudos Leaderboards are back...well, let the boosting begin again!

Hopefully there will be stricter penalties for that this time around, really do not agree with kudos having a leaderboard at all. Its like a KDR leaderboard option in shooters...causes people to not play the game right (or in this case, post for kudos or just kudos friends instead of posting properly)

Anyway...there is a LOT that these forums need before they are really usable again. Right now its just a mess.
Message 43 of 54 (99 Views)
Big Daddy
18884 posts

Jul 1, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

Hopefully there will be stricter penalties for that this time around, really do not agree with kudos having a leaderboard at all. Its like a KDR leaderboard option in shooters...causes people to not play the game right (or in this case, post for kudos or just kudos friends instead of posting properly)

Anyway...there is a LOT that these forums need before they are really usable again. Right now its just a mess.

Meh, I usually forget Kudos even exist. Smiley Tongue

Personally, I think the forums aren't all that bad at the moment... not sure what you consider a mess, or would improve. I'm sure the moderators are open for ideas/suggestions they could pass on to their superiors on ways to improve... because that's probably the only way it'll improve in a way you like.

Message 44 of 54 (94 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8491 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

There now you're an accomplice as part of the implied complicity you are now obligated to go back and kudo every post I've made. Think of it not as "boosting" but pointing out the error of their ways. When I... we stand at the top of the leader boards like mythical juggernaut leader board gods and publicly denounce the system they will have no choice but to bow to our will.

edit: and you too

There won't be any custom avatars Smiley Sad
Message 45 of 54 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Jul 1, 2012

coreno wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

Meh, I usually forget Kudos even exist. Smiley Tongue

Personally, I think the forums aren't all that bad at the moment... not sure what you consider a mess, or would improve. I'm sure the moderators are open for ideas/suggestions they could pass on to their superiors on ways to improve... because that's probably the only way it'll improve in a way you like.

I don't know, bro. Complaining outwardly at no specific target seems to have been effective in getting rid of Jive.

And just to be jerks, everyone, let's agree that the Kudos boosting is all Home's fault. In hindsight, it really was.

Message 46 of 54 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Jul 1, 2012

coreno wrote:

Well, right now there is no easy way to see if topics you are watching/posted in have new replies, the layout is a bit of a mess (why is the author in the middle of the page, with the shield?), the "poster info" part of the message is cluttered...

Sure I'll find more; for some reason I doubt there'll be an on-screen notification of PMs immediately, for example.

At least I remember how to edit posts and where to mark my 14,750 message thread as "read" instead of having to click through all 1,475 pages...

Message 47 of 54 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

coreno wrote:

Well, right now there is no easy way to see if topics you are watching/posted in have new replies, the layout is a bit of a mess (why is the author in the middle of the page, with the shield?), the "poster info" part of the message is cluttered...

Sure I'll find more; for some reason I doubt there'll be an on-screen notification of PMs immediately, for example.

At least I remember how to edit posts and where to mark my 14,750 message thread as "read" instead of having to click through all 1,475 pages...

Yes, there is. You go into your profile, click View All on Recent Posts, and then there's a column on the far right with a numbered total of new posts since you were last there.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, but this was something I always found easier on Lithium.

Message 48 of 54 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Jul 1, 2012

Xajen1 wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

coreno wrote:

Yes, there is. You go into your profile, click View All on Recent Posts, and then there's a column on the far right with a numbered total of new posts since you were last there.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, but this was something I always found easier on Lithium.

That's with only your recent posts, though. The "My Discussions" tab of the Jive forums worked well for active threads you had posted in even once a long time ago. Sure it could be annoying (if you posted in a thread and then stopped caring), but it did let you know there were new posts in threads. Yeah, not the number of new posts, but new posts nonetheless.

For example, both of my clan threads had posts within the past two days, but I had to go to their forums in order to see that, since neither thread was in my recent posts section. With the Jive discussions tab, I would have seen they had posts, even though I haven't posted in a while (thanks to the ongoing migration, no posts between the 23rd and 29th are showing)

Message 49 of 54 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18884 posts

Jul 1, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

coreno wrote:

Some valid points. Xajen pointed out the recent posts page before I could, which I think will help you find posts you were participating in, which a lot of people like to use.

There is also a subscriptions feature, but I never used it much.

For the post info... I really don't like the massive shield thing going on, it makes a lot of things look "cluttered" I think. That should be much smaller, and the avatar much larger.

Message 50 of 54 (66 Views)
0 Likes