PlayStation MVP
13631 posts

Re: The New Layout

Jul 1, 2012

coreno wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

coreno wrote:

Personally, I think the forums aren't all that bad at the moment... not sure what you consider a mess, or would improve. I'm sure the moderators are open for ideas/suggestions they could pass on to their superiors on ways to improve... because that's probably the only way it'll improve in a way you like.

Well, right now there is no easy way to see if topics you are watching/posted in have new replies, the layout is a bit of a mess (why is the author in the middle of the page, with the shield?), the "poster info" part of the message is cluttered...

Sure I'll find more; for some reason I doubt there'll be an on-screen notification of PMs immediately, for example.

At least I remember how to edit posts and where to mark my 14,750 message thread as "read" instead of having to click through all 1,475 pages...

Some valid points. Xajen pointed out the recent posts page before I could, which I think will help you find posts you were participating in, which a lot of people like to use.

There is also a subscriptions feature, but I never used it much.

For the post info... I really don't like the massive shield thing going on, it makes a lot of things look "cluttered" I think. That should be much smaller, and the avatar much larger.

For the shield, I think it should have its own line on the message profile instead of the same as the name (with the name on top and bigger/different color), and should be absent from just about everywhere else. And yeah, Avatar larger too (that probably also above shield too...)

I guess the order should be something like

Name (larger size and different color)

Shield (prob. same size)

Rank

Date Joined

Message 51 of 54 (103 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Jul 1, 2012

coreno wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

coreno wrote:

Personally, I think the forums aren't all that bad at the moment... not sure what you consider a mess, or would improve. I'm sure the moderators are open for ideas/suggestions they could pass on to their superiors on ways to improve... because that's probably the only way it'll improve in a way you like.

Well, right now there is no easy way to see if topics you are watching/posted in have new replies, the layout is a bit of a mess (why is the author in the middle of the page, with the shield?), the "poster info" part of the message is cluttered...

Sure I'll find more; for some reason I doubt there'll be an on-screen notification of PMs immediately, for example.

At least I remember how to edit posts and where to mark my 14,750 message thread as "read" instead of having to click through all 1,475 pages...

Some valid points. Xajen pointed out the recent posts page before I could, which I think will help you find posts you were participating in, which a lot of people like to use.

There is also a subscriptions feature, but I never used it much.

For the post info... I really don't like the massive shield thing going on, it makes a lot of things look "cluttered" I think. That should be much smaller, and the avatar much larger.

Agreed. That's one of the client side edits I made, completely voided the ranking images because they were breaking the alignment. They should be no more than 16px in height, and avatars really need to get up to 80x80 or 100x100.

Message 52 of 54 (102 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13631 posts

Jul 1, 2012
One thing about the little "profile" sections on the side of posts...I think that'll be changed here; looking at the Starhawk section its better; the name is in a different color and things all have their own line. Not the best, just a little better.
Message 53 of 54 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4424 posts

Jul 1, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

coreno wrote:

I posted about this in my thread and I am hoping that the developers can implement this onto our front page. I mean you can set up bookmarks and that shows up on your homepage but I think  a list of your threads that you posting. The old lithium boards had something similar, I was really upset when Jive took it out. 

New Forum Layout Suggestions - Page 2 - PlayStation® Community Forums2.png

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 54 of 54 (79 Views)
0 Likes