VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Re: The Last of Us Becoming a Movie

Mar 8, 2014

eagles1990 wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

They called it a stealth shooter? Credibility - gone.

What should it be called then? ( My suggestion: Action-adventure horror game with stealth and shooter elements ). Stealth shooter is close enough, though. 

As for the main topic, at this point I don't care too much for this project. Let's see how it unfolds. 

A Survival Horror game. Anyone calling this game a shooter must have only played on Easy because bullets are way too scarce for it to be a shooter. 

Anyway, I don't know how you can fit this into a 2 hour (or less) movie but we'll see 

i found a lot of bullets on all the difficulties.

if anything id say the game is a Horror Shooter.

Message 11 of 14 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Mar 8, 2014
I agree with Lombax. No way this movie could have the same degree of impact the game did.

(SPOILER ALERT)

I mean if we already know that Joel is going to save Ellie no matter what, then why worry? The whole emotional thing for me is that I was worried that he was going to do the traditional thing and try to save humanity, though I suspected he would do exactly what he did instead.

But now this fear no longer exists which, for me anyway, means why bother? I already know how it ends so why bother? I am aware that some things would be different from the game to the movie to keep things fresh, but we all know Ellie is untouchable.
Message 12 of 14 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Mar 8, 2014

Wow, it seems as if the movie industry is growing from the gaming industry. Heavenly Sword. Ratchet and Clank. Sly Cooper. Minecraft (I think). And now The Last of Us. Hopefully this movie will not be a let down.

Message 13 of 14 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Mar 8, 2014
And when, pray tell, has a game-to-movie project ever fallen short of expectations? Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 14 (56 Views)
0 Likes