Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/22/2011
Offline
2599 posts
 

Re: The Death Penalty

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2013

I dont support it for 3 reasons:

1. Its very hypocritical
2. Innocent people sometimes get sent to death, and later proven guilty when its too late.
3. Its barbaric.

 

 

However, some people that are fully 100% proven to have done it, like that scum of earth Theater Shooter, needs to be put down. 

We need better laws. Like when you are spotted killing someone, people are allowed to retaliate and kill you in retaliation. This would also save so much time for lawers, jury`s, and save so much money from the US government housing the criminal in prison and making all these trials.  If this was the case, if i seen someone kill someone, id kill them in return. Simple as that. 

Message 21 of 35 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 03/01/2010
Online
24615 posts
 

Re: The Death Penalty

Jul 20, 2013

maarillianaire wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

maarillianaire wrote:
Im Christian as well,but there is a time for everything,and a season for all under God,and remember there comes a time when punishment must be dealt and the grace period expires,most likely the mans gonna kill himself,most lifers in prison do,if God didnt want the Death Penalty,then it wouldnt exist. It serves its purpose.

Sorry for the subject change but this is too good to pass up.

 

By that reasoning God must want abortions too. Otherwise they wouldn't exist. Usually it's the religious people wanting abortions outlawed. Your perspective is refreshing.


Theres a difference,Death Penalties existed back in Biblical times,abortion is just being legalized. You are twisting my words like a typical anti-God person. Now what i meant by that was,God did order certain people to kill certain others because of horrible crimes such as murder, but abortion is much different. Please stop being ignorant and learn to understand plain English.

Your words weren't twisted. They were quoted as written and perfectly understood because they were written in plain English. Perhaps you should use your vast intelligence to choose your words more carefully. What's typical is you assuming someone who disagrees (or actually agrees in this case) with you is anti-God.

Message 22 of 35 (102 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: The Death Penalty

Jul 21, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

maarillianaire wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

maarillianaire wrote:
Im Christian as well,but there is a time for everything,and a season for all under God,and remember there comes a time when punishment must be dealt and the grace period expires,most likely the mans gonna kill himself,most lifers in prison do,if God didnt want the Death Penalty,then it wouldnt exist. It serves its purpose.

Sorry for the subject change but this is too good to pass up.

 

By that reasoning God must want abortions too. Otherwise they wouldn't exist. Usually it's the religious people wanting abortions outlawed. Your perspective is refreshing.


Theres a difference,Death Penalties existed back in Biblical times,abortion is just being legalized. You are twisting my words like a typical anti-God person. Now what i meant by that was,God did order certain people to kill certain others because of horrible crimes such as murder, but abortion is much different. Please stop being ignorant and learn to understand plain English.

Your words weren't twisted. They were quoted as written and perfectly understood because they were written in plain English. Perhaps you should use your vast intelligence to choose your words more carefully. What's typical is you assuming someone who disagrees (or actually agrees in this case) with you is anti-God.


 

Maar, I will give you my 2 cents on your religous persepectives shown often on these boards. They are plain misinformed and often just wrong. Biblical times also had slavery, yet we surely do not want it. Also, I know the context well enough to understand what God commands and what God PERMITS. The death penalty exists because we are God's free moral agents that can do good and evil. Our free will is what allows evil to exist. And often times, your anti-Obama posts are pretty pathetic and have no basis whatsoever. And your plain english is very rough, so I advise working on that.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 23 of 35 (84 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: The Death Penalty

Jul 21, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

maarillianaire wrote:
Im Christian as well,but there is a time for everything,and a season for all under God,and remember there comes a time when punishment must be dealt and the grace period expires,most likely the mans gonna kill himself,most lifers in prison do,if God didnt want the Death Penalty,then it wouldnt exist. It serves its purpose.

I'm really sorry to be the guy that brings this up, but you do not get to justify secular policy with religious dogma.  That may be why you hold the opinion that you do because of your faith, but that faith alone is not justification for any law, in any country that has separation of church and state.

 

The only reason I bring this up is that I think this debate has the potential to be very interesting - and very civil.  The second people start propping up their opinions with their faith (no matter how benign or sincere), the discussion is going to completely fly off of the rails.

 

Some people get their morality from religious faith; others do not.  The common ground is that we all have a set of values that definite our view.

 

If we can agree on that, then we can agree to discuss our views on the death penalty, not the source of our morality. It's not my thread, and I don't mean to intrude, but can we try that?  I'm just tired of threads getting derailed into arguments that lose their relevance to the original topic.

 

 


I think you brought up what could be discussed in a totally different post. I want to, but don't at the same time. It is not separation of church and state, though. It is more about the foundations of morality. We cannot be strictly unbiased or secular in any of our decisions. Our dogmas define a lot of how we think. Anyone, even the most avid atheist, will have biases from their worldview. We have different opinions and it is up to democracy to decide what the people believe and want to be considered law. 

 

I will not derail my own thread any further, however.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 24 of 35 (79 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: The Death Penalty

Jul 21, 2013

The problem is not so much the death penalty, its that it has to be humane. Bullets are dirt cheap compared to that  coctail they give them.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 25 of 35 (70 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/28/2011
Offline
7247 posts
 

Re: The Death Penalty

Jul 21, 2013
I'm pro death penalty... Why bother taking up space in prisons when you can create jobs by killing people?



doesthatsoundtooemo?
energy
Message 26 of 35 (63 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/30/2011
Offline
3825 posts
 

Re: The Death Penalty

Jul 21, 2013

lol death penalty is stupid

 

and flame me, i dont even think the worst offenders (rapists, serial killers, peodphiles) deserve it. it doesnt bring any victims back and they dont even suffer. enjoy your false sense of justice.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 27 of 35 (52 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: The Death Penalty

Jul 21, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

lol death penalty is stupid

 

and flame me, i dont even think the worst offenders (rapists, serial killers, peodphiles) deserve it. it doesnt bring any victims back and they dont even suffer. enjoy your false sense of justice.


LOL

 

Yes, supporting them for life is much better.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 28 of 35 (41 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: The Death Penalty

Jul 21, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

lol death penalty is stupid

 

and flame me, i dont even think the worst offenders (rapists, serial killers, peodphiles) deserve it. it doesnt bring any victims back and they dont even suffer. enjoy your false sense of justice.


LOL

 

Yes, supporting them for life is much better.


When their trial would be much more expensive than keeping them for life. Then, yes, it should be abolished for economic reasons.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 29 of 35 (39 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/07/2013
Offline
60 posts
 

Re: The Death Penalty

Jul 21, 2013

There are of course different arguments on this topic such as that are tax dollars go to feed these people and make sure they are healthy so they should be wiped of the face of the earth, but there is also the argument that life is life and that they deserve another chance and everything you originally said so this is why I currently don't care what happens to them.

 

JOIN THE PARTY!!!
Message 30 of 35 (38 Views)
Reply
0 Likes